Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Oy Jon just keeps taking L's Bendis fucked him up now he's got some twin probably gonna end up taking his spotlight...

As long as this stays in a CW shows place and doesn't affect canon comics I personally don't give a ****.

I'll give you Bendis but I think it's still too soon to call CW Jon an L. Honestly, from what I've read so far I don't mind it for an alternate take on the character. Do I wish we'd get a more accurate adaption of the Jon who's still lost somewhere in space? Of course. But in the meantime, I'll accept this if it turns out to be good. I just hope they don't go too far away from who he is, otherwise we end up of with DCEU Cassandra Cain. And nobody wants that.

From Jorge Jimenez(DC artist) twitter account. From Robin 80th special.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...m_source=share
    Have you guys seen this? The reason why tomasi was changed was because of sales and jon kent. Didio thought jon being star of the book was a problem

Astonishing Member

I do remember people who hadn't warmed to Jon saying the same, that the Superman book was more about Jon than Superman himself and were put off by it.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I do remember people who hadn't warmed to Jon saying the same, that the Superman book was more about Jon than Superman himself and were put off by it.
    Well, i said the same. I wanted jon spin off into teen titans and supersons. But, this was a hit below the belt. So, it basically clears up wether didio likes jon or not. He doesn't much care. jon might more geoff johns, dan jurgens and tomasi project.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since when is Red Hood a Titan?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...-page-giant-1/

Two new stories, one featuring what's pretty much the New Teen Titans minus Cyborg, and the other starring Raven. Reprints are Teen Titans #50 from the 70s, #1 of Starfire's 2015 solo book, and Adventures of the Super Sons #1.
    There is going to be a supersons in this book.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-13-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't think he cares about Jon one way or another. He cares more about sales and extension, putting Supes in the center of his books.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I don't think he cares about Jon one way or another. He cares more about sales and extension, putting Supes in the center of his books.
    Yeah! But, Bendis's direction for jon hasn't been spectacular atleast for me. The legion book should have been written by someone else.At the very least jon would have gotten away from bendis. With bendis he feels like a brick many a times.

Astonishing Member

On some level, someone will always be a better option than Bendis. How I see it is that Bendis not only wanted to write Superman and Action, he wanted to revive YJ and LOSH (incl the Lois & JImmy books) and DC basically told him to have at it. Before his move to DC I don't think they wouldn't have even bothered. The two books allowed him to use Conner who'd been in limbo for years except for a cameo here and there out of continuity with no sign of returning and if DiDio was set on Superman books being about Superman and not inclusive of his family at all, Jon likely would have joined Conner could have disappeared altogether (despite many arguing that he technically has). Tomasi could have continued to write him in Super Sons but that also didn't fit DC's plans for some reasons and with Bendis taking control of the Super books, he called dibs on the character but aged him up to kill two birds with one stone, a LOSH revival and little family stories in the Superman books. With 5G knocking on the door, maybe they wanted an aged up Jon all along and Bendis just fast tracked it for his own purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    *Wipes tear*
    Is...is someone cutting onions in this thread?

God, that video was wonderful. Makes me wanna go back and reread that run.

I hope the 5G nonsense doesn't kill the character for fan for good. Already, people are loosing interest.

First other media reference of jon kent.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-14-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Mighty Member

Didio's explanation there is questionable frankly. He says Tomasi would still be on Super Sons, but Super Sons was cancelled at about the same time. He mentions Superman was the fourth lowest selling book, but that simply wasn't true. If this post is genuine, most likely Didio didn't like Jon Kent and just wanted to shuffle him off to the side. Not like that isn't something Didio is known for.

Anyway, Superman's sales haven't been great since Bendis took over. Number 18 got a boost, but that was a heavily promoted issue. Generally, sales are back to where they were at the end of Tomasi's run. So if this was Didio's thinking, it pretty much backfired.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I think this before bendis's big plan and idea with jon. Before 5G came to be. It did backfire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Up coming CRISIS wipeout anyone ?