Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

I still just...can't with that costume and haircut. What he has now looks great. A style he can really call his own. But this....he's just a slightly tweaked New 52 Clark.

I'm not really feeling his new DCeased look either but in that scenario, I can at least understand him and Damian matching their fathers' styles as a tribute to them.
    Last edited by Blue22; 03-13-2020 at 09:21 AM.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm actually not getting too may New 52 Superman vibes in the slightest (outside of the torso lines) when I look at that picture.

For me, it looks more like Jon's wearing formfitting athletic wear. Like the brand Under Armor but for superheroes rather than the actual armor of the New 52.

I especially get that vibe from the fact that due to the way his suit is designed, it looks more like he's wearing sneakers/running shoes rather than superhero boots. There's this sense of anatomical flexibility that the suit gives off while not just looking like he's painted blue.

And the current one has grown on me a lot since Sook has been drawing it, but I honestly appreciate the more relaxed and unencumbered feel of the upcoming one.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 03-13-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    On Tom Taylor's Twitter. He says "A New Justice League is Coming."

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...07737817669632
    We always seem to get a new Justice League out of these doomsday scenario DC universes.

Cassie on a team with Jon and Damian still feels weird.

What're the odds we get a 5G main Earth/DCeased "Earth 1 meets Earth 2" crossover thing at some point?
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We always seem to get a new Justice League out of these doomsday scenario DC universes.

Cassie on a team with Jon and Damian still feels weird.
    It does feel a little....out of place. But...they're all the youngest members of their respective families so I guess it does make sense in a way. It's not like Damian and Jon's generation has a Wonder representative.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    What're the odds we get a 5G main Earth/DCeased "Earth 1 meets Earth 2" crossover thing at some point?
    I mean if DCeased continues to do well I could see other spin offs but I sincerely doubt we will see the main earth connect to the zombie universe as it would end poorly for everyone. I wouldn’t put it past them do some kind of crossover though, I mean Injustice crossed over with Injustice for crying out loud. So I could see some crossover eventually happening in the future.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I mean, Marvel has crossover the main and Ultimate universes with Marvel Zombies a few times, so I don't really see why they couldn't or wouldn't at DC especially when DC on a whole is far more know to crossover different universes in its multiverse.

I think there's more of a chance of a crossover with He-Man or Injustice then a crossover with Earth-1. Then again, there were all those Hanna-Barbera/Looney Tunes crossovers...but as a whole DC doesn't do much of that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It does feel a little....out of place. But...they're all the youngest members of their respective families so I guess it does make sense in a way. It's not like Damian and Jon's generation has a Wonder representative.
    Yeah, I guess Taylor didn't have much of a choice for a WW rep.

Kind of reminds me of how the animated movies has a Titans team with Damian Wayne Robin, Conner Kent Superboy, and Donna Troy Wonder Girl. Like, none of these characters go together yet somehow they're paired together .

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Taylor's already making me wish he was writing Superman instead of Bendis with the textless preview panels alone. I'm not a big fan of zombie superhero stories but the character moments in Taylor's story have always been his biggest strength. He had a natural handle on Jon's character down from the beginning of DCeased.
    Yeah, I'd like to see him write in the regular continuity for once since when he does proper Superman he's fairly good at it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

This has been going around lately. Personally, i would take jon doing chores than whatever nonsense Bendis has done to the character.
    I'm actually not getting too may New 52 Superman vibes in the slightest (outside of the torso lines) when I look at that picture.

For me, it looks more like Jon's wearing formfitting athletic wear. Like the brand Under Armor but for superheroes rather than the actual armor of the New 52.

I especially get that vibe from the fact that due to the way his suit is designed, it looks more like he's wearing sneakers/running shoes rather than superhero boots. There's this sense of anatomical flexibility that the suit gives off while not just looking like he's painted blue.

And the current one has grown on me a lot since Sook has been drawing it, but I honestly appreciate the more relaxed and unencumbered feel of the upcoming one.
    That still way too many lines and too busy regardless of it being an armour or not. The black in colour scheme needs to go as well.

If this didn't, have the lines. it would be much better than the one in the flash comic by booth. I could get behind this design. I hope this is the final design and they decide to remove the excess lines.

The only thing i like from booths design is the gloves.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-13-2020 at 11:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

This has been going around lately. Personally, i would take jon doing chores than whatever nonsense Bendis has done to the character.

That still way too many lines and too busy regardless of it being an armour or not. The black in colour scheme needs to go as well.

If this didn't, have the lines. it would be much better than the one in the flash comic by booth. I could get behind this design. I hope this is the final design and they decide to remove the excess lines.

The only thing i like from booths design is the gloves.
    I probably should have known better than to check in over here.

Bendis, you had Jon get stranded on Earth three, where he was imprisoned in a Volcano and tortured for seven years of his life, between the the ages of ten and seventeen. Jon has had a good amount of the formative years of his life stolen from him. This is not a better use of him compared to continuing Supersons. This is not okay or acceptable. It needs to be fixed and rectified, preferably with Jon being rescued and stopped from ending up there in the first place. I refuse to accept or support this as the status quo, and will not comeback to the Superman or give legion a chance unless it is fixed.

Mighty Member

That looks amazing. I hope it's not just one last trip.

What an incredibly tone-deaf response from him. My understanding is he deleted it almost immediately, as he got tons of blowback, which was well deserved. There's nothing bold about what he has done with Jon. He's made him a teenager among teenagers. That's par for the course, not bold.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I do feel bad for him though. He seems really into what he was doing and belives in it. And i do genuinely wanna try, but alas there are glaring flaws in his approach to jon in my mind. I wish this run wasn't as much a disappointment as it is.

Mighty Member

I do feel bad for him though. He seems really into what he was doing and belives in it. And i do genuinely wanna try, but alas there are glaring flaws in his approach to jon in my mind. I wish this run wasn't as much a disappointment as it is.
    I get that, but comments like his there are completely deserving of backlash. The original comment doesn't appear to have been directed at him specifically, so it comes off as unnecessarily aggressive and condescending to respond that way. It just feels like rubbing salt into the wound.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Possibly the warmest hot take I've read in a while.