Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Jon have all the powers of Clark? Does he have any different abilities? Does his "human side" affect strength at all?
    So far he has all the classic powers though it's been suggested once due to his unique biology he may develop extra powers and potentialy surpass his father but whether anything will come of that?

I think at the very least it should be shown being half human makes him more resistant to things like kryptonite and red sunlight.

Yeah. He seems to be operating under Saiyan logic, where being a hybrid makes him naturally stronger.

So far we haven't really seen anything to suggest he's any different from Clark. The closest he's got to a new power is New 52 Superman's solar flare

I also like the idea of him being half human meaning he's less susceptible to things like Kryptonite and magic. So far that doesn't seem to be the case though. In the rare times he's been exposed to Kryptonite, he didn't seem to he more resistant to it than Clark. No idea how magic affects him though.

He's the best thing to happen to Superman in the 2010s.

I hope we get more from the character in the next year and even in the next decade.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

He definitely helped make me care about Superman for a brief period. Almost overthrew Damian as my second favorite DC character. But with the way he is now...I can't really call myself a fan anymore.

What's happened to Jon in the past year or so has made me feel a very rare level of sadness that I haven't felt since we lost the Pre-Flashpoint Universe. It's not often that something pertaining to fictional characters actually upsets me so hats off to Tomasi for making the kid so damn great.
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-01-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    does Jon have all the powers of Clark? Does he have any different abilities? Does his "human side" affect strength at all?
    He does go Super Kryptonian and shown hints of Super Kryptonian 2.

So Jon is just Gohan meets Deku. I need that crossover to happen xD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    He definitely helped make me care about Superman for a brief period. Almost overthrew Damian as my second favorite DC character. But with the way he is now...I can't really call myself a fan anymore.

What's happened to Jon in the past year or so has made me feel a very rare level of sadness that I haven't felt since we lost the Pre-Flashpoint Universe. It's not often that something pertaining to fictional characters actually upsets me so hats off to Tomasi for making the kid so damn great.
    Similar story I was largely indifferent towards Superman for years but it was Jon that finally got me into the world of S.

I loved Super Sons so much I found myself reading Rebirth, then Action and New-Superman as well and once I was all caught up I started looking up old trades and stories of not just Superman but Superboy and Supergirl, it all just finally clicked for me.

And sadly it took less than a year of Bendis to make me drop everything Super-related again (though I'm still reading Supergirl) because I was legitimately left angry and bitter over his direction and choices with Jon.

There were other factors to the man dialogue can be slog to get through at times and his attempts at humor completely out synch with the rest of the story but I'd have at least lasted longer if the whole thing with Jon hadn't soured me on him so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Here's a legit good fanfic about the Super Sons, taking place during the first run right after they tried to get back home from that one planet. Its called, "Multiversal Constant." And when the boys try to go home, they wind up getting sent to Young Justice Season 1. And boy do they change things.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/33107610
    Dude, I can not thank you enough for showing me this. I got through more than half of it while I was at work today and it is one of the best things I've read in a while. Everyone is just...perfect. Jon, Damian, the YJ cast. Everyone. You can tell a real fan put their heart into writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Dude, I can not thank you enough for showing me this. I got through more than half of it while I was at work today and it is one of the best things I've read in a while. Everyone is just...perfect. Jon, Damian, the YJ cast. Everyone. You can tell a real fan put their heart into writing this.
    Yep. Now you see why I recommend it so much. Plus, the author plans on making it part of a series going forward.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-03-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-03-2020 at 06:48 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I wish bendis would have jon meet kathy and maya again

Who else misses and wants beacon back in Jon's books? I wish they had aged her up as well. Have wierd explanation like kathy has alien growth spurt or something.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Wonder how Jon would feel about Cirel, like having a sister?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

I wish bendis would have jon meet kathy and maya again

Who else misses and wants beacon back in Jon's books? I wish they had aged her up as well. Have wierd explanation like kathy has alien growth spurt or something.
    I liked Kathy and wished we seen more of her once they moved to Metropolis but Ive no interest in Bendis bland, adult take on her. I'd much rather have Tomsai original plan of having the four form there own version of Young Justice.

It's ultimately why I think this whole thing with the Legion will fail, while we've seen multiple young teams endear and be fondly remembered years after their books end with fans I've never seen anyone clamouring for the return or Conner or Kara days with Legion and with Clark it's just more so that it'll will be made an official part of history again.

Though I suppose an aged up Kathy would be a more appropriate love interest than whatever they're implying between Jon and Saturn Girl, there just something uncomfortable about a character who was introduced as a child a few years ago now potentialy being paired with one who's been around since the 50's.
    Last edited by walk; 01-05-2020 at 05:58 AM.