Page 26 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is it part of their characters? No. I am not talking about some short stint. Already explained mate.
    On Earth 395 its part of their characters, since Kal-El and Kon-El live in the Middle-Ages and Kal-El is there a blacksmith instead of farmer/reporter.
    Kon-El is a squire there.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    On Earth 395 its part of their characters, since Kal-El and Kon-El live in the Middle-Ages and Kal-El is there a blacksmith instead of farmer/reporter.
    Kon-El is a squire there.
    Earth395? Dude what? We are talking main earth. When was the last time this earth 395 was revisited. Dude, you don't even know if it exists now. What is with you and jon? You are acting like his father more than clark is under bendis. Jon can't do this and that. He can't have this and that.Well then, what can he do or say or be?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

For some of us who miss Super Sons, I found a great fan animation video about them.

Attachment 95363
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvuQVogm4ko

The animation is smooth and makes me wonder, again why DC won't let us have Super Sons animation series?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-09-2020 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    For some of us who miss Super Sons, I found a great fan animation video about them.

The animation is smooth and makes me wonder, again why DC won't let us have Super Sons animation series?
    That was really nice. An american cartoon? This could be the opening for their anime adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post

Attachment 95363

The only time I'm okay with seeing Bendis' Jon. This whole video was a thing of beauty.

Could you imagine a Anime with Jon and Damian with the quality of One-Punch Man!!.It would literally be the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ARIARAIDEN View Post
    Could you imagine a Anime with Jon and Damian with the quality of One-Punch Man!!.It would literally be the best thing ever.
    That's a new one. Usually when I hear about those two and anime, it's Hunter x Hunter lol

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That's a new one. Usually when I hear about those two and anime, it's Hunter x Hunter lol
    Omg sassy little assassin whose groomed to lead the clan and super-strong pure sunshine child, why didn't I think about it before?
    Then Joker is Hisoka XD

Okay. This is fucking adorable XD

Mighty Member

Earth395? Dude what? We are talking main earth. When was the last time this earth 395 was revisited. Dude, you don't even know if it exists now. What is with you and jon? You are acting like his father more than clark is under bendis. Jon can't do this and that. He can't have this and that.Well then, what can he do or say or be?
    I dont have anything against Jon, BUT:

1.) I thougt more that the S with black background should remain unique for Conner, since its part of his famous look (Injustice Conner, YJ Anime, Comic TT Conner, Smallville Conner and Titans Conner all have the red S with black background)...
    I know that Clark was wearing it also for some time, but the black background with red S reminds me automatically at Conner...
    So I wasnt sure if this is Conner or Jon, since they both look similar (because of the same "father") and so the black background of the red S reminded me more at ToT Conner....

I would prefer to use different logos for different parts of the family in the House of El:

Clark and Jon yellow background with red S
    Conner with black background with red S
    Kara Zor-El maybe red S with blue background or so

2.) I have nothing against Jon, but Conner was first there and should be the older one and so he should be more like the Nightwing of the Super-Family and the first choice for replacing Superman..

3.) I have nothing against Jon, but like this list says there are certain similarities between Jon and Conner:
    https://www.cbr.com/superboy-jonatha...ifferent-same/

1.) I thougt more that the S with black background should remain unique for Conner, since its part of his famous look (Injustice Conner, YJ Anime, Comic TT Conner, Smallville Conner and Titans Conner all have the red S with black background)...
    I know that Clark was wearing it also for some time, but the black background with red S reminds me automatically at Conner...
    So I wasnt sure if this is Conner or Jon, since they both look similar (because of the same "father") and so the black background of the red S reminded me more at ToT Conner....

I would prefer to use different logos for different parts of the family in the House of El:

2.) I have nothing against Jon, but Conner was first there and should be the older one and so he should be more like the Nightwing of the Super-Family and the first choice for replacing Superman..

3.) I have nothing against Jon, but like this list says there are certain similarities between Jon and Conner:
    3)So, what?it also says they have differences. Dick and tim have similarities as well. So, did dick and jason. Barry, jay and wally does as well.. they are both based on superboy archetype and legacy. Ofcourse they will have similarities. That list preposterous. Jon doesn't have the ability to levatate things as far as i know.
    2)we already have a nightwing. Why would you want conner to be that?
    1)As said, black background with yellow s is a signature of the max fleischer superman and goldenage guy. It can be used by anyone. Even if jon doesn't use it. It still won't be unique to conner. Conner has unique 90's aesthetic and playboy style.

Being first there doesn't automatically give Conner dibs on taking over the Superman mantle.
    Nightwing isn't waiting to replace Batman. He is Nightwing and only ever fills in grudgingly due to lack of anyone else competent enough to do so.

While I like the idea of the Supers having unique aesthetics for identification purposes, the S belongs to the El's not Conner and the Black background isn't exclusive to Conner.

Hero family's tend to have similarites that run through. Look at the Robin's. It's just something that fans get used to when a franchise has spin-off characters like the Superboy's and the Robins.

August solicitations are out, thought I’d post the solicits and covers for the series that Jon (or at least a version of him) will be involved in.

66A71BEB-8343-4336-B847-22FA88034A74.jpg

DBF49D27-14AC-4A6C-B756-0D58640C3109.jpg

DCEASED: DEAD PLANET #2
    written by TOM TAYLOR
    art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and GIGI BALDASSINI
    cover by DAVID FINCH
    card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
    card stock movie homage variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    The sequel to the bestselling miniseries continues! The Justice League is trapped on Earth, and they’ve discovered that life still survives on this dead planet! Survival is precarious, though—and with billions of infected still roaming the surface, death lies around every corner. But it isn’t just the anti-living our heroes have to worry about, because John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna are about to discover another evil growing...
    ON SALE 08.04.20
    $3.99 US | 2 OF 6 | 32 PAGES

F6169C4A-4D08-479B-8D81-9DBB71BE7371.jpg

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #8
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art by EVAN “DOC” SHANER, JEFF LEMIRE, DUSTIN NGUYEN, JOËLLE JONES, MICHAEL AVON OEMING, LIAM SHARP, ANDRÉ LIMA, SANFORD GREENE, CULLY HAMNER, YANICK PAQUETTE, DAN HIPP, DAVID MACK, DARICK ROBERTSON, DAN JURGENS, BILQUIS EVELY, FABIO MOON, MICHAEL ALLRED, RYAN SOOK, ALEX MALEEV, JOHN TIMMS, DUNCAN ROULEAU, and NORM RAPMUND
    cover by RYAN SOOK
    variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    Beginning a special two-part comics storytelling event! Over the course of two spectacular issues, 44 artists will dive into the 31st century—with each page starring a different Legionnaire! It starts when the team is arrested by a galactic authority that does not approve of the Legion—and it leads into an intergalactic showdown that will affect every member of the team!
    RESOLICIT | ON SALE 08.25.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't like this art he looks exactly like Clark. I can't even tell if that's Jon or Clark?