Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    No Outlaws. Just Jason. They started that run off, well enough. But Damian fucked things up about halfway through (this whole run could just be defined as "Damian fucks up") and Jason beat the **** out of him. Then he just kinda disappeared for a while before coming back in today's issue to tell the Titans to let the Batfam worry about finding Damian.
    Yeah! I remember reading jason beating up damian. I thought something happened afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I remember reading jason beating up damian. I thought something happened afterwards.
    Wasn't even mentioned in Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Though it should be noted; it was Damian that not only began the fight (stabbing Jason in the leg with a dart), but escalated it too (when he brought out the mystery box to threaten Jason, which backfired severely).

Yep. He came in, eyes glowing red, and demanded they tell him where Damian is.
    To be fair though, the glowing eyes was because he'd just used his heat vision to destroy Gizmo's giant robots that the Titans had been fighting.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair though, the glowing eyes was because he'd just used his heat vision to destroy Gizmo's giant robots that the Titans had been fighting.
    So what if he ain't? Jon can be pretty dangerous in general. The kid vaporised his cat in his first outting, accidentally but it happened. Not only that he actually burned clark with heat vision. It's no big deal. That's the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-21-2020 at 08:48 AM.

https://rikdad.blogspot.com/2020/09/...eroes-1-8.html
    @rikdad's analysis and thoughts on jon and legion of superheroes. For those that are interested.

so is Jon exploring dating while he is in the 31st century? I imagine it wasn't part of what Jor-El exposed him to.

For better or worse, it does seem like there's gonna be something between him and this version of Saturn Girl. Whether that means anything is kinda up in the air now since we don't know what'll be happening to Jon and the Legion next year.

So what if he ain't? Jon can be pretty dangerous in general. The kid vaporised his cat in his first outting, accidentally but it happened. Not only that he actually burned clark with heat vision. It's no big deal. That's the nature of the beast.
    I'd also like to point out that this artist did the impossible and made Fake Jon's second design look REALLY cool. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

I'd also like to point out that this artist did the impossible and made Fake Jon's second design look REALLY cool. Bravo, sir. Bravo.
    Me personally, was looking forward to jon x dawnstar more.

I believe there is an inherent need in people to tame supercharacters very fast. Jon is kind and gentle soul. But, there is also a beast(out of control powers and emotions ) in him that shouldn't get too tame like his dad. If you remove the dangerous aspects of supercharacters. They just become "the nice guy" or "good cop" and easy to fall prey for "from a white-knight to twofaced devil" troupe that's generally happening these days.World has grown cynical of "the nice guy". I want something like kakashi's first arc(those who don't follow rules are scum yata! yata! yata! ) with jon one of these days. Not that jon needs it. There is an inherent mischievous rule breaker in jon. Its just better if jon remains rough around the edges and has more layers personality wise.

Me personally, was looking forward to jon x dawnstar more.

I believe there is an inherent need in people to tame supercharacters very fast. Jon is kind and gentle soul. But, there is also a beast(out of control powers and emotions ) in him that shouldn't get too tame like his dad. If you remove the dangerous aspects of supercharacters. They just become "the nice guy" or "good cop" and easy to fall prey for "from a white-knight to twofaced devil" troupe that's generally happening these days.World has grown cynical of "the nice guy". I want something like kakashi's first arc(those who don't follow rules are scum yata! yata! yata! ) with jon one of these days. Not that jon needs it. There is an inherent mischievous rule breaker in jon. Its just better if jon remains rough around the edges and has more layers personality wise.
    Err, right. Even though that doesn't describe Jon at all, its your head canon.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the rescue of the real Jon on Earth 3. The Daycare of Despair is driving him nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Anyway, I'm still waiting for the rescue of the real Jon on Earth 3. The Daycare of Despair is driving him nuts!
    Fucked up part is, it is very much possible to please both sides and have real Jon back while Fake Jon continues bumming around with the Legion. That's one of the perks of that series taking place so far in the future. But DC isn't gonna capitalize on that. It's just gonna be one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Err, right. Even though that doesn't describe Jon at all, its your head canon.
    Wasn't he going out at night doing what he does without permission? Also, he was willing to meddle and snuck out without lois knowing to rescue sam lane. The kid and lois got shot because of it. There are tons of instances like that. People generally remove the nuances of these characters and bull dose them with perception.Batman=dark. Superman =light. It's nonsense.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-21-2020 at 01:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wasn't he going out at night doing what he does without permission? Also, he was willing to meddle and snuck out without lois knowing to rescue sam lane. The kid and lois got shot because of it. There are tons of instances like that. People generally remove the nuances of these characters and bull dose them with perception.Batman=dark. Superman =light. It's nonsense.
    However, it is pretty likely Clark will do exactly the same if he was in the same kind of story as a kid.

Disobeying parents to fight the crime is just a must for any kid superhero. Not the representation of a rebellious personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    However, it is pretty likely Clark will do exactly the same if he was in the same kind of story as a kid.

Disobeying parents to fight the crime is just a must for any kid superhero. Not the representation of a rebellious personality.
    That depends on the kind of writer and the version of the character.

Not really. So? Does that negate that jon does what isn't supposed to be done ?Just because he has a quality that every superhero kid has, doesn't automatically mean it is supposed to be the actual norm. Is everyone supposed to be a vigilante just because batman is one? You don't have to be rebellious to bend rules and sometimes break them. Scooby doo and the gang do it. Harry potter has certain disregard for rules.
    Edit-it occured to me that people get wrong idea about the use of the word beast. I am generally speaking in symbolic terms. Beasts are generally conflicts that needs to be resolved or straightened out and sometimes not.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-21-2020 at 02:31 PM.

The thought of Jon whether it be this fake one or any other version shacking up with Saturn Girl makes me sick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The thought of Jon whether it be this fake one or any other version shacking up with Saturn Girl makes me sick!!!
    She is a very bland and uninteresting choice. But on the upside, it means she fits right in with Bendis' Jon. Either way, I still got my fingers crossed that this new development between the two won't matter in the long run, and that the real Jon is on his way back since Bendis might be on his way out.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-21-2020 at 05:00 PM.