Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    How does this even work when Saturn Girl always ends up with Lightning Lad. Having him hook up with Jon should create a paradox since one of there villains is the child of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.
    It doesnt really contradict anything unless Jon and Imra stay together. She could still very well end up with Lightning Lad in the future...er....further future.

These days, it's very rare for someone's first romance to also be their last lol

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The only one i can think of reed Richards and susan storm. Sure, there is clark and lois. But, that's very rare. Even spiderman doesn't have an endgame. He is with whomever at different times.
    I mean, I could list several, but a good deal of Spider-Man fans believe Mary Jane Watson is his personal Endgame (and there is plenty of material to support that).

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    How does this even work when Saturn Girl always ends up with Lightning Lad. Having him hook up with Jon should create a paradox since one of there villains is the child of Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl.
    It's a new continuity. These are new version of the characters being seen for the first time.

As an example, Mon-El is Kryponian, from the 31st century, and Jon Kent's direct 5x great grandchild.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I'm sure there's preferences, and those are valid. I just question acting as if the preference were the objective correct way to go about it.

Like, if the vibe is college relationships and hook ups like its been since issue 3, then I don't get where the "but what about the build up" is coming from. Like, just last issue, we found out that Mon and Phantom Girl were dating, and then we immediately see him break it off with her. Same goes for Shadow Lass and Cos. Other Legionnaires were looking to be updated on the fact that those two are dating. And what about Monster Boy and Triplicate Girl? They seem close, but one of her selves also express an attraction for Jon. There's almost a gossipy vibe to this aspect of the book, and it really sells the college kids idea, if you ask me.
    Honestly the only rule of writing is "whatever works, works". Rocky I breaks all the rules I learned in screenwriting class but it still works.

Truth is I think most fans aren't as open-minded as you are. Most Marvel/DC fans already know what they want or don't want from a title. So they already decided if they liked Teen Jon and Saturn Girl already even before it became a thing.

I actually feel "the build-up complaint" doesn't hold up here. Saturn girl would've been the only girl that has any real buildup with Jon. I might have preffered Triplicate girl or Dawnstar etc but those would've felt more random.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Saturn girl would've been the only girl that has any real buildup with Jon.
    ^^This right here^^

Regardless of how I feel about it, I can't say this relationship is unexpected. It definitely didn't come out of nowhere. The writing has been on the walls since those two met.

Mighty Member

It's super boring though. Bendis losing control of Jon can't come soon enough.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    It's super boring though. Bendis losing control of Jon can't come soon enough.
    Oh. Hell yeah. I couldnt agree more. I just also gotta disagree with anyone saying this had no build up.

I'm apathetic, at best, about Fake Jon. So, I just don't care about whom he is with in the Legion.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Something I'm confused about.

So 17yo Jon came through ,like, a temperal wormhole to arrive in the present from earth 3 aged up because 7 years passed for him but only like 2 weeks for everyone else?

Am I understanding that right? So if that's the case isn't 10yo Jon still on Earth 3 in the volcano? Why would Clark just leave him there? Why hasn't anyone mounted a rescue?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post

So 17yo Jon came through ,like, a temperal wormhole to arrive in the present from earth 3 aged up because 7 years passed for him but only like 2 weeks for everyone else?

Am I understanding that right? So if that's the case isn't 10yo Jon still on Earth 3 in the volcano? Why would Clark just leave him there? Why hasn't anyone mounted a rescue?
    That's what I've been saying! 17 year old "Jon" is an Earth 3 spy! Real Jon is stuck in the Daycare of Despair.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post

No Jon is not stuck in earth 3. I believe Jor-El discovered what had happened and followed after through the wormhole to search for him. It took years and when he eventually found him on earth 3 he brought him back through the same wormhole. Teen Jon is Jon not earth 3 Jon, I believe it's why ultraman trapped him inside the volcano for so long as opposed to killing him because, Jon was the son he never would have with earth 3 Lois. Clark even had Kelex deep dive into Jon's DNA to make sure it was his Jon and it was. For Jon to be de-age, something else would have to happen.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 10-02-2020 at 09:42 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    No Jon is not stuck in earth 3. I believe Jor-El discovered what had happened and followed after through the wormhole to search for him. It took years and when he eventually found him on earth 3 he brought him back through the same wormhole. Teen Jon is Jon not earth 3 Jon, I believe it's why ultraman trapped him inside the volcano for so long as opposed to killing him because, Jon was the son he never would have with earth 3 Lois. Clark even had Kelex deep dive into Jon's DNA to make sure it was his Jon and it was. For Jon to be de-age, something else would have to happen.
    No, it doesn't. Time is relative the principle used. He is still stuck. This jon might be an older version of kid jon. But, he would just be erased by clark actually going back and saving the kid. Wormholes are time travel methods as well.There is even a panel in where jon asks clark to save him. Instead ultraman comes.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-02-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    It may have seemed like or even been years to Jor-El but it was weeks to everyone else. They would have effectively come back from the future of Earth-3 yes?

Which would mean 10 year old Jon is on Earth-3 in a volcano in the present.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 10-02-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's space and time, with a wormhole to an alternate universe added for good measure, that does not mean time is linear across the board, which is why Bendis wrote it in the first place because it was shorthand to get Jon to where DC wanted him for their plans, and that's older. Because things have changed, to reverse his aging will need to be something new written in based on the fact that his aging was meant to be seen as something legit not some earth 3 doppelganger taking young Jon's place. Could they make him a double now, sure but that's not how it was originally written. Will they actually write it that way, I'm not convinced.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 10-03-2020 at 12:16 AM.