Page 44 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

What is Jon kyrptonian name

Last I checked, he doesn't have one. Aside from learning about Rao, I don't think Clark ever really dived that deep into Kryptonian culture with him. Jon's an earthling, through and through lol.

Astonishing Member

I wish he had one.

Eh. It'd be neat but I never really saw a point. Though I guess if Conner can have one, Jon probably should too lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Eh. It'd be neat but I never really saw a point. Though I guess if Conner can have one, Jon probably should too lol
    I always assumed his Kryptonian name is Jor-El.

I actually assumed it was Jon. I know that can be short for Jonathan but why can’t it have two meanings, such as Jonathan on earth and Jon-el for Kryptonian.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah if they did ever give him one, it'd probably be something simple like Jon-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I always assumed his Kryptonian name is Jor-El.
    It'd make sense since Jon is already named after both of his earth grandfathers. But after everything Jor-El's done (Both under Bendis and other writers), he doesn't deserve to have a descendant named after him. Fuck Jor-El.

Mighty Member

Yeah, Jor-El feels wrong after all the Bendis stuff. I think his Kryptonian name should be Van. As a reference to The Man Who Has Everything.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, Jor-El feels wrong after all the Bendis stuff. I think his Kryptonian name should be Van. As a reference to The Man Who Has Everything.
    Yeah, this seems appropriate, but it'd be interesting if Jor-El is the one who gave it to him not knowing that it was also the name of Clark's son in the Black Mercy.

I hate what DC did to Jor-El, so anything to bring him back to being decent is okay in my book, even if it's helping Jon reconnect to his Kyrptonian heritage by virtue of having another name.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Van would be perfect,actually.

Astonishing Member

I don't mind Jon being also named after his Kryptonian grandfather. While some may have issues with how he's been written of late, that isn't something that Clark expressly holds against him as fervently as readers have. If he can be named after Sam, why not Jor? I want Clark and Jon to have a connection to their Kryptonian heritage, it may not be at the same level as being raised as earthlings but I want it to be there, acknowledged, so yes to Jon having a Kryptonian name, knowing something about Krypton/learning the language etc as much as I expect the same from Clark. Additionally, if New Krypton remains and succeeds well into the 31st century and beyond, I want these two to have as much a connection to that as Zod at this stage, or else whatever remains of surviving species might be tainted by Zod's more radical ideologies and I don't want Krptonians depicted as quasi villans moving forward.

Started reading Tomasi's Superman again for the hell of it. Only a few issues in and I'm already having a blast.

Man I miss this kid

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Started reading Tomasi's Superman again for the hell of it. Only a few issues in and I'm already having a blast.

Man I miss this kid...
    As do I.

Why can't we have nice things?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As do I.

Why can't we have nice things?
    Because for some reason, some people absolutely hate non-punch-like comic stories. Despite those ones sometimes being the most well liked overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Because for some reason, some people absolutely hate non-punch-like comic stories. Despite those ones sometimes being the most well liked overall.
    Very true, I think there is room for both and some of my favorite single issues (of various comic books) over the years have been at least partially "slice of life" (character development and/or world-building) stories.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."