Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    legion of superheroes 10 preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...85&postcount=1

Jon and Imra on a date!
    Ugh this just ain't it

Mighty Member

legion of superheroes 10 preview: http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...85&postcount=1

Jon and Imra on a date!
    Welp, there may be light at the end of the tunnel, but the tunnel itself remains terrible.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Not a fan of the idea of Jon becoming a kid again honestly. I get some of you miss those days, but I'd rather Jon continue his teenage years. No need to degress the character because of nostalgia.
    How can you be all for Tim Drake as Robin again [using the useless and nonsensical argument that Damian has been Robin long enough yet some how Tim who has been Robin for more than 30 yrs hasn't]

Yet Jon is regression of the character? Your bias is showing mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    At this point, Maya has already been, stolen by Jon. So honestly, I say, if DC really wants to get back Bland Kid Jon, put him in a team with MAya, Kathy, Boyzarro and Rob-zarro. That way they'll already have a fake Damian in the team, no need to take the real one and turns it into a pathetic version of himself.
    Shame about Maya.

I'm conflicted. My kids loved the Superson's but I don't think it's best for Damian. He needs a separation from Jon. They are not a duo and I can't abide a character that's being established for decade being defined by one so new.

Supersons was both a blessing and a curse to Damian. Jon's a poor imitation of Colin, Grayson, Maps and even Maya. He adds nothing to Damian's lore aside from look how bad Damian is. That and Tomasi getting off and overwriting other interactions in Damian's history to super impose Jon.

I still very much disagree with that take on their relationship but I feel like I've gone back and forth between this thread and Damian's explaining why, far too many times now XD

I like kid Jon. But I'd like to see more of him without Damian. I'm still absolutely down for Supersons, too. I just don't want Jon's only non-family relationship Damian and for him to have his own storylines without Damian. Just as Damian has other friends (or would if DC would let him keep them), his teen team, and his own storylines.

Oh yeah, I'm all for that too. The only problem is...where would that happen? Superman fans aren't too keen on Jon having his own stories in that book again (and while I didn't mind it, I understand why others did). And I don't think they'd give him his own title without Damian just yet.

I've suggested before that Action Comics should be about the whole Super Family, with the focus shifting from one character to the next after each arc. But I doubt they'd go that route.

Mighty Member

If Supersons does return as an ongoing series, I hope that Jon and Damian will have a chance to team up with Irey West at some point now that's she's back in the universe. I want to see how the three of them would interact together.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

They should go back to two stories in a single issue. That way, you could have, say, Jon Kent Superboy as a backup story in Superman, and Conner Kent Superboy as a backup in Action Comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Maya hasn't been mentioned ever since bendis took over. Heck! Kathy hasn't been. What makes anyone think jon stole anything? They are mere footnotes that may not ever be referred ever again. As far as jon is concerned. They are pushing the kid as a future and updated version of superman. Jon ain't strongman from 30's. He doesn't require some bend over backwards contrived explanation for things like his disguise, his powers,his costume, his reason for existing .. Etc so that people can actually "get" it or it can appeal to them(I mean, meanings and thought behind certain actions have been lost in time ) .So, i am fairly certain they can find an appropriate place for the kid.Like, Superboy meets dc multiverse series where jon has team ups with lobo, metal men, doom patrol, swampthing, blacks hawks, challengers of the unknown ... Etc.Supersons isn't much of necessity anymore Moreover, legion works fine for me. The idea itself isn't bad.

As for action comics being for superman family. Neither action nor detective are batman or superman book.They are books that happened to feature these two characters of a particular genre along with others. It just so happens the industry and content it creates shrunk to such a degree that these books also got reduced to superman and batman .
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-24-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Maya hasn't been mentioned ever since bendis took over. Heck! Kathy hasn't been. What makes anyone think jon stole anything? They are mere footnotes that may not ever be referred ever again. As far as jon is concerned. They are pushing the kid as a future and updated version of superman. Jon ain't strongman from 30's. He doesn't require some bend over backwards contrived explanation for things like his disguise, his powers,his costume, his reason for existing .. Etc so that people can actually "get" it or it can appeal to them.So, i am fairly certain they can find an appropriate place for the kid.Like, Superboy meets dc multiverse series where jon has team ups with lobo, metal men, doom patrol, swampthing, blacks hawks, challengers of the unknown ... Etc.Supersons isn't much of necessity anymore Moreover, legion works fine for me. The idea itself isn't bad.

As for action comics being for superman family. Neither action nor detective are batman or superman book.They are books that happened to feature these two characters of a particular genre along with others. It just so happens the industry and content it creates shrunk to such a degree that these books also got reduced to superman and batman .

From the Year of the villain story of the Terrifics

7F984F47-4E1B-4BAD-85A0-35F00825131B.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

The only problem is...where would that happen?
    Given that they can reduce the number of titles, it is most likely nowhere. Maximum is Action Comics. And so, if Jon becomes a child again and he will have series outside of his father's title, it will 99% be Damian's title as well, Super Sons, or Titans, or some new team. The popularity of the Super Sons in this matter will play a major role, it is simply the most profitable for them. Again, if Jon does become a kid again.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    How can you be all for Tim Drake as Robin again [using the useless and nonsensical argument that Damian has been Robin long enough yet some how Tim who has been Robin for more than 30 yrs hasn't]

Yet Jon is regression of the character? Your bias is showing mate.
    My only reason for wanting him as robin is because I dislike the drake name, honestly I'd be ok if Tim goes by red robin or something else. I've read almost every story with Jon and have been postiing here since the character first appeared in convergence, i don't know what bias you think I have. Either way, it seems what Jorge was teasing is just a short story anyways so no need to keep speculating on that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    From the Year of the villain story of the Terrifics

7F984F47-4E1B-4BAD-85A0-35F00825131B.jpg
    One reference, my point still stands. Those characters aren't cemented as part of jon's cast. If something like the new superman tv show uses the characters then sure i can see it becoming more of a staple. As it stands, i don't think so. Even Dceased something with a bit more higher status doesn't reference those characters let alone another media.

My only reason for wanting him as robin is because I dislike the drake name, honestly I'd be ok if Tim goes by red robin or something else. I've read almost every story with Jon and have been postiing here since the character first appeared in convergence, i don't know what bias you think I have. Either way, it seems what Jorge was teasing is just a short story anyways so no need to keep speculating on that.
    That Drake **** died before it even began!! I do think Tim needs to grow though there's a reason he's arguably the least cared about Robin.