Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

The reasoning behind the age up was trash, the execution was trash, and the story is trash why try and make sense of mediocrity. It's trash end of discussion.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That could have been interesting,and actually I forgot Lois was initially with Jon when he was with Jor-El. Didn't she see he was handling things and better suited for space travel without her, because she would have been a hinderance? And obviously, she thought Jor El was trust worthy enough at that point or she wouldn't have done it.

But I digress, this is just how I am taking the story and taking what Bendis is saying. If others choose to just stay annoyed and just keep wishing for kid Jon to come back, more power to you!
    My problem is bendis is saying clois is acceptable parents. He doesn't view the actions from neutrality. Lois being on the ship is the biggest problem. She essentially quit because things got tough for her? That is just bad. Lois would fight for her kid even if she loses her life or limb. And she left without have precautionary measures if needed be to get in touch with jon. It was standard protocol for clois in tomasi's run. Ptsd and survivors guilt thing isn't brought up. It was just my desire. As of right now, jon has none of those things. He just left because of college. That's it.
    It isn't just annoyance with age up. Jon as a character isn't being treated right or with finesse. That's the complaint. Age up isn't handled well. Now, people are just talking about the sexuality more than the character and his traits. That's not good for the character long term. Jon's voice and personality is inconsistent and comes of bland most of the time under bendis . Bendis's idea was to treat jon like clark. That's logical. But, the problem is the characters history. A teen jon on the cusp of adult hood like i said would be similar to dick, wally or peter.. Etc. Jon is a legacy. He had selfish, mischievous side.Clark was essentially his uncle ben, barry, clark(yeah! I see clark being the good influence on dick) .. Etc, the "good" influence . Damian and lois are the "bad" influence like batman or inherent traits is for dick, wally and peter.Good and bad aren't literal terms, ofcourse.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-14-2020 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    My problem is bendis is saying clois is acceptable parents. He doesn't view the actions from neutrality. Lois being on the ship is the biggest problem. She essentially quit because things got tough for her? That is just bad. Lois would fight for her kid even if she loses her life or limb. And she left without have precautionary measures if needed be to get in touch with jon. It was standard protocol for clois in tomasi's run. Ptsd and survivors guilt thing isn't brought up. It was just my desire. As of right now, jon has none of those things. He just left because of college. That's it.
    It isn't just annoyance with age up. Jon as a character isn't being treated right or with finesse. That's the complaint. Age up isn't handled well. Now, people are just talking about the sexuality more than the character and his traits. That's not good for the character long term. Jon's voice and personality is inconsistent and comes of bland most of the time under bendis . Bendis's idea was to treat jon like clark. That's logical. But, the problem is the characters history. A teen jon on the cusp of adult hood like i said would be similar to dick, wally or peter.. Etc. Jon is a legacy. He had selfish, mischievous side.Clark was essentially his uncle ben, barry, clark(yeah! I see clark being the good influence on dick) .. Etc, the "good" influence . Damian and lois are the "bad" influence like batman or inherent traits is for dick, wally and peter.Good and bad aren't literal terms, ofcourse.
    You handled that far more politely then how I could. I tried 3 different times, but ended up just deleting it.

In short; the Clark and Lois as parents portrayed by Bendis are vastly different then how they were in Rebirth. And not in a good way, even objectively as parents.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Oh yeah, she did fight and lose limbs in the Manchester Black arc.

Anyway, I don't read the book and interviews, but I did watch some people rant on Youtube about Bendis's depiction of Clois. Especially Lois. The rant basically said that Bendis Lois cares more about getting stories than Jon. She returned to Earth and started investigating some stuff for a week without even telling Clark, and when Jon came back, once she's done worrying, she started asking for stories to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh yeah, she did fight and lose limbs in the Manchester Black arc.

Anyway, I don't read the book and interviews, but I did watch some people rant on Youtube about Bendis's depiction of Clois. Especially Lois. The rant basically said that Bendis Lois cares more about getting stories than Jon. She returned to Earth and started investigating some stuff for a week without even telling Clark, and when Jon came back, once she's done worrying, she started asking for stories to write.
    Lois is perceived as a shitty mom and wife, right now. That's just how it is. It's bad.

What do you guys think of this?

Oh that's adorable (but damn, somebody make him smile lol). Is that a cosplayer or did we just get our first look at Arrowverse Jon?
    Last edited by Blue22; 01-17-2020 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh that's adorable (but damn, somebody make him smile lol). Is that a cosplayer or did we just get our first look at Arrowverse Jon?
    That jorge jimenez pick for jon. Its just a cosplay.

Have the kid give a smile, I'd say he'd be a deadringer for Jon.

Yeah, he has the messy hair 10 year old Jon had!

Anyway, April Legion solicit:

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #6
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Meet the latest crop of Legionnaires: Gold Lantern! Monster Boy! Doctor Fate! Each a new face in the DC Universe, each with dark secrets, and each with a reason to be part of the Legion’s goal to bring the values of the Age of Heroes to the 31st century. And one of them has a surprising connection to Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy. All of this and the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public! The future of the DC Universe continues to unfold!
    ON SALE 04.01.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he has the messy hair 10 year old Jon had!

Anyway, April Legion solicit:

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #6
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Meet the latest crop of Legionnaires: Gold Lantern! Monster Boy! Doctor Fate! Each a new face in the DC Universe, each with dark secrets, and each with a reason to be part of the Legion’s goal to bring the values of the Age of Heroes to the 31st century. And one of them has a surprising connection to Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy. All of this and the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public! The future of the DC Universe continues to unfold!
    ON SALE 04.01.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    FC | DC
    The thought of Jon dating just really really irritates me. Man or Woman I just really hope Bendis doesn't go that route! Just too soon!

Incredible Member

The Cartoon refuses to make me beileve Triplicate would take interest in anyone besides Bouncing Boy.

I'm so hyped about Jon's involvement with the Legion! Hopefully they do something good with it and it's not just a flop... Also super stoked about the new Dr. Fate!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    The Cartoon refuses to make me beileve Triplicate would take interest in anyone besides Bouncing Boy.
    Is this Triplicate Girl?

Triplicate Girl was really flirting with Kon El.