Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I just read DC Nation, Future State Jon is Legion Jon after he returns from his time in the future.
    Please, universe, be kind enough to let rpmaluki be right.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I feel like you and I are on the same page? Super Sons is a neat little book for people who hate Bendis and want things to go back to the Rebirth era. No problem with it existing, I just don’t want that same principle applied to the entire Superman line. I don’t think Bendis writes a good Damian so it’s not like I don’t understand why people want this. It’s the idea of undoing everything done with Jon so he can go back to being the way he was during Rebirth in the mainline that I can’t agree with. I think Jon in Future State sounds awesome and exciting.
    Except there is still a ton of potential for kid Jon to exist in the mainstream DC universe. Challenge of the Super Sons sounds great and all, but if it takes place before Bendis's run, we won't get to see kid Jon interact with Irey or young Yara Flor. Fans of Jon do actually want to see the character move forward, just not fast fowarded the lazy and hackneyed manner that Bendis implemented. Challenge of the Super Sons runs the risk of just keeping the preferred version of the character in a limbo.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Really? Do you have a link to where you read it?
    It’s on ComiXology and it’s free.

Extraordinary Member

I just read DC Nation, Future State Jon is Legion Jon after he returns from his time in the future.
    So he is really staying their, ehh he really just missed growing up
    Lame

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    So he is really staying their, ehh he really just missed growing up
    Lame
    Bendis version of Jon can stay there. Future State is just another potential future timeline, not set in stone. And they can always still bring back kid Jon separately in the present day.

Spectacular Member

Speaking of de-ageing Jon, does anyone think we’ll get any news soon for who’s taking over Superman and action comics? Or will that just wait till after future state?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Speaking of de-ageing Jon, does anyone think we’ll get any news soon for who’s taking over Superman and action comics? Or will that just wait till after future state?
    We should know next month. Solicitations usually come out the second friday of each month. So we should know by then what the line will generally look like.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how we suggest Yang for everything .

It'd be interesting if a book of people with similar powersets would be a change in terms of writing a team book.

Oh yeah, Jon totally stole the show from his dad on that one. I completely forgot about it .
    I'll stop suggesting Yang when I'm convinced he's not perfect for the job!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The thing is Bendis didn't do anything with Jon.

He gives Jon the background of him being trapped in a volcan for years, but it is totally ignored.

Kid Jon will likely become in Future State Jon even without that story, since this doesn't really affect Jon's personality.
    I think he is right though.Jon would still become superman. I mean, that was always in the card. The torture and other stuff is never mentioned.Much to my chagrin it is sweeped under the rug.I could pick up future state without reading bendis run.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-26-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think he is right though.Jon would still become superman. I mean, that was always in the card. The torture and other stuff is never mentioned.Much to my chagrin it is sweeped under the rug.I could pick up future state without reading bendis run.
    Sure. I did read Bendis so this is great for me.

Sure. I did read Bendis so this is great for me.
    All i am saying is that.They could go for a timeskip approach like in dceased.

Jon kent cape or no cape?

It's better without the cape but it still feels like it's...missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's better without the cape but it still feels like it's...missing something.
    I think additions are fine and might happen later on, as long as it doesn't come of too busy.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So is there any clue about what sort of relationship he's going to have with Damian, Yara and the other younger heroes?

On a side question, if DC had kept Chris Kent around, what sort of relationship would Jon have had with him? Or if Cir -El had been born his younger sister, would Jon have made a good big brother?