Page 61 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    It's better without the cape but it still feels like it's...missing something.
    He looks thin

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

Jon kent cape or no cape?
    It looks much better with the cape. I don't like the belt and I feel like it's missing some lighter blue accents and some darker blue accents. Something closer in design to his original superboy costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He looks thin
    He does. But I like that. Helps set him apart from Clark. His build isn't the problem I'm having with the design. It's the costume. It's just so....plain. The fact that it just feels like another spin on his dad's suit doesn't help with that either. That's why I liked the costume he had as a kid. Or the one that he had when he was first aged up. Those kept the "Super" aesthetic but they weren't straight up copy-pastes of Clark's suit. Jon needs to take a page out of Conner's book and find his own style again. Losing the cape isn't enough.

Mighty Member
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Man. I am just...so happy this series is coming back. The circumstances may not be ideal at the moment but anything Super Sons related almost never fails to get a smile out of me.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He does. But I like that. Helps set him apart from Clark. His build isn't the problem I'm having with the design. It's the costume. It's just so....plain. The fact that it just feels like another spin on his dad's suit doesn't help with that either. That's why I liked the costume he had as a kid. Or the one that he had when he was first aged up. Those kept the "Super" aesthetic but they weren't straight up copy-pastes of Clark's suit. Jon needs to take a page out of Conner's book and find his own style again. Losing the cape isn't enough.
    This is the tights version of his original costume.I don't see any bit Of a Strongman suit in the current costume like clark.Especially without the Cape.obviously, Red part of superman's go beyond the symbol. Jon'should suit is much more reminiscent for me of nightwing,Invincible..etc.Jean's of the original is hard to translate into proper superman look.His hair and his physique have carried over.I think this is the best look Jon had.Heck!it would beat kid version for me as that is a boy playing hero.This feels Superman the second.I didn't like the one jor el gave.It was too busy.Same as Legion one.I feel Superman's costume works better when they are simple.

On a side question, if DC had kept Chris Kent around, what sort of relationship would Jon have had with him? Or if Cir -El had been born his younger sister, would Jon have made a good big brother?[/QUOTE]
    Lord zod is alive and well in new krypton. He seems to have redeemed himself in the Legion future.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-01-2020 at 08:08 PM.

It's better without the cape but it still feels like it's...missing something.
    I think a headpiece of some sort would really make it pop

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So is there any clue about what sort of relationship he's going to have with Damian, Yara and the other younger heroes?

On a side question, if DC had kept Chris Kent around, what sort of relationship would Jon have had with him? Or if Cir -El had been born his younger sister, would Jon have made a good big brother?
    They probably would have gotten along. Lor Zod seemed eager to see Jon in Legion a few issues back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    It looks much better with the cape. I don't like the belt and I feel like it's missing some lighter blue accents and some darker blue accents. Something closer in design to his original superboy costume.
    I agree. I don't like the belt, too bulky for his thin frame. I would have loved the two-tone blue of his OG Superboy suit/Eradicator look but alas. I like the suit Jor-El gave him but I agree it's far too busy, I'd get rid of the bulky shoulder "pads", the "clips" around his waist and boots. The collar, contrasting colours while keeping the three primary Super ones works for me, just smooth it out. I especially love the gloves look. I'mnot feeling the legion look, particularly the shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He looks thin
    He does.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 12-02-2020 at 12:25 AM.

Man. I am just...so happy this series is coming back. The circumstances may not be ideal at the moment but anything Super Sons related almost never fails to get a smile out of me.
    Same here. And we can finally get a glimpse into their school life from the sounds of it.

Of all things Tomasi's done with those two, I always thought putting them in school together was a bit much. Especially that one story that showed them in the same class. I don't know how private middle schools work but I didn't start taking classes with people in different grades until I was in high school.

For Damian, in particular, any kind of grade schooling just feels like a massive waste of time. He knows more than the teachers and the odds of him socializing with anyone but Jon in any meaningful way is slim to none. It's a cute set up, I guess, but it feels more like a dick move on Bruce's part lol

Of all things Tomasi's done with those two, I always thought putting them in school together was a bit much. Especially that one story that showed them in the same class. I don't know how private middle schools work but I didn't start taking classes with people in different grades until I was in high school.

For Damian, in particular, any kind of grade schooling just feels like a massive waste of time. He knows more than the teachers and the odds of him socializing with anyone but Jon in any meaningful way is slim to none. It's a cute set up, I guess, but it feels more like a dick move on Bruce's part lol
    It allows Damian to actually get at least some of what being a kid is like, and not forced to grow up because mom is an assassin and dad runs around in a furry costume punching people at night.

The other Robins, even if only briefly in cases like Jason, at least got SOME experiences of "normalcy" at being a kid. Damian has barely hung around people outside the costume community (barring Gotham Academy, obviously).

It allows Damian to actually get at least some of what being a kid is like, and not forced to grow up because mom is an assassin and dad runs around in a furry costume punching people at night.
    Which he could get much better in a class with kids his own age and just as well in school in Gotham. I wouldn't have them in school together, either, given a choice. They aren't the same age, they don't live in the same city, and it's not a bad thing for them to have groups of friends separate from each other.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    This is the tights version of his original costume.I don't see any bit Of a Strongman suit in the current costume like clark.Especially without the Cape.obviously, Red part of superman's go beyond the symbol. Jon'should suit is much more reminiscent for me of nightwing,Invincible..etc.Jean's of the original is hard to translate into proper superman look.His hair and his physique have carried over.I think this is the best look Jon had.Heck!it would beat kid version for me as that is a boy playing hero.This feels Superman the second.I didn't like the one jor el gave.It was too busy.Same as Legion one.I feel Superman's costume works better when they are simple.

On a side question, if DC had kept Chris Kent around, what sort of relationship would Jon have had with him? Or if Cir -El had been born his younger sister, would Jon have made a good big brother?
    Lord zod is alive and well in new krypton. He seems to have redeemed himself in the Legion future.[/QUOTE]

I thought the new issue of Legion seemed to change that spoilers:
    as I thought that Lor Zod died during the events in the latest issue, or did I miss read that in the Legion thread?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Darkspellmaster; 12-04-2020 at 02:32 AM.