Page 62 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Is this book still going?

Whelp. If Johnson's interview is to be believed, we can go ahead and consider this Super Sons run to be the most we can hope for in terms of seeing the smaller Jon. Shame, but I'm honestly not surprised.

Guess it's still nice that his run will see Jon back in the spotlight...I just wish it was a version of Jon that I cared about.
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-16-2020 at 01:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's as I expected....

It was expected and it's definitely a sad turn of events. And hey, who knows? Things could still change for the better. But right now you can color me uninterested. I didn't mind Jon taking spotlight off of Superman in Tomasi's run because I liked Jon back then. But if he's around like this, for more than just the opening arc to Johnson's run, I'll probably be checking out like I did with Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. If Johnson's interview is to be believed, we can go ahead and consider this Super Sons run to be the most we can hope for in terms of seeing the smaller Jon. Shame, but I'm honestly not surprised.

Guess it's still nice that his run will see Jon back in the spotlight...I just wish it was a version of Jon that I cared about.
    I sincerely hope Challenge runs for a while so you guys can get the Jon content you want for as long as you want it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I sincerely hope Challenge runs for a while so you guys can get the Jon content you want for as long as you want it.
    I hope so too.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I hope so too.
    As do I. *crosses fingers*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Frankly, it's not enough. I want to see Jon, as he was, get to interact with the DC Universe as it is now. The Super Sons dynamic, as it was, was great. I want to see characters like Iris West and Yara Flor interact with that version of Jon and Damian. I want to see that version of Jon meet Conner. I want to see that version of Jon move forward and grow up. That's what we've been robbed of and that's what we need to be given back.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Frankly, it's not enough. I want to see Jon, as he was, get to interact with the DC Universe as it is now. The Super Sons dynamic, as it was, was great. I want to see characters like Iris West and Yara Flor interact with that version of Jon and Damian. I want to see that version of Jon meet Conner. I want to see that version of Jon move forward and grow up. That's what we've been robbed of and that's what we need to be given back.
    Pretty much. I want more but I'm afraid we might have to accept what we got. Seeing real Jon meeting Conner would have been amazing though

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I just came to a realization: I think the reason they’re keeping Jon where he’s at is because of the upcoming CW TV show. Jon is much older than 10 in that although not as old as his comic book self. If I’m right they won’t deage Jon until after the TV show, and frankly given how long he’ll have been a teen by the time the show ends, I don’t think he’ll ever be deaged. He’ll have been a teen longer than he was a kid.

I just came to a realization: I think the reason they’re keeping Jon where he’s at is because of the upcoming CW TV show. Jon is much older than 10 in that although not as old as his comic book self. If I’m right they won’t deage Jon until after the TV show, and frankly given how long he’ll have been a teen by the time the show ends, I don’t think he’ll ever be deaged. He’ll have been a teen longer than he was a kid.
    And it might be because of Yara's show in which she's a teen (I assume) if the rumors about them are true (or rather hints).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

If true...man, I hope I like Jon on that show to make this all worth it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If true...man, I hope I like Jon on that show to make this all worth it .
    He and his brother already sound more interesting than anything Bendis came up for him. The problem is that neither of them really sound like...Jon. I guess it's hard to say since we dont know what a Jon who got to grow up normally would be like. But I didnt picture him like either of those two kids in the show. I still like em. Its just...not what I had in mind.

Astonishing Member

Theoretically, this whole story with Breach, leviathans and the death of Clark in the Golden Age may hint at time travel, and Breach's origin is also teased quite interestingly. And Johnson in an interview gave me the impression that he just liked the kid more.
    But in any case, we'll see, if they leave him teen, then this decision can also be understood. But so far it is impossible to say unequivocally, this is only the beginning of the run.

Mighty Member

Yeah, this is something I've actually been thinking for a while. We've heard DC is going to try to have the comics reflect the outside media more closely. Hopefully, they'll come to there senses at some point and restore the Jon most of his fans actually want to read about in the main continuity.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers