Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, this is something I've actually been thinking for a while. We've heard DC is going to try to have the comics reflect the outside media more closely. Hopefully, they'll come to there senses at some point and restore the Jon most of his fans actually want to read about in the main continuity.
    What happened to the company that advised against Williamson throwing Harrison Wells into The Flash book or dropped Felicity Smoak like a hot potato?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What happened to the company that advised against Williamson throwing Harrison Wells into The Flash book or dropped Felicity Smoak like a hot potato?
    The Bloodbath happened my man. All the old guard is gone. DC is under new management, from AT&T, to WB heads, to Pam Lifford and the new editorial under Javins.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Bloodbath happened my man. All the old guard is gone. DC is under new management, from AT&T, to WB heads, to Pam Lifford and the new editorial under Javins.
    Jury is still out on how much synergy will be there. For what it's worth, though, we dodged a major bullet with Felicity Smoak's mangling into her Arrow incarnation. I can't imagine a worse albatross to hang around the Green Arrow IP's neck.

Astonishing Member

I honestly don't think it's about synergy since he was aged up a while before the show was greenlit, jmo. I read the leaked script, I'm not sure if it's legit and if so how much of it they'll keep since the leak. The CW boys do not appear to resemble either version of comic Jon so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I honestly don't think it's about synergy since he was aged up a while before the show was greenlit, jmo. I read the leaked script, I'm not sure if it's legit and if so how much of it they'll keep since the leak. The CW boys do not appear to resemble either version of comic Jon so we'll see.
    The age up was initially for 5G, we know that now. The reason he may end up staying aged up is creative synergy, like why Aquaman has tattoos and doesn’t wear shirts lol.

The age up was initially for 5G, we know that now. The reason he may end up staying aged up is creative synergy, like why Aquaman has tattoos and doesn’t wear shirts lol.
    ...Even though Momoa wore the bloody scalemail armor in the movie .

God I hope not I quit the CW Verse years ago if this is the reason fpr this continued foolishness that's ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Whelp. If Johnson's interview is to be believed, we can go ahead and consider this Super Sons run to be the most we can hope for in terms of seeing the smaller Jon. Shame, but I'm honestly not surprised.

Guess it's still nice that his run will see Jon back in the spotlight...I just wish it was a version of Jon that I cared about.
    I still have hope in that interview he mentioned Jon being young was part of the reason readers connected to him in the first place which would be such a counter productive statement if he's leaving him as he is now when the reception of this Jon has been majority negative. Then again he also said, "Brian has shown brilliant treatment of Jon in the 31st century" the nerve of him! The complete lie that statement is what has Bendis done for Jon except give him a now nonexistant scar, toss him in a Volcano and never speak of it again, & throw him blandest most sandpaper girl to mind rape him and steal his first kiss?

On the bright side speaking of at the least it seems he'll be from discount Teen Jean

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

...Even though Momoa wore the bloody scalemail armor in the movie .
    Shirtless Jason Mamoa sold that movie. They know what's up.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Frankly, it's not enough. I want to see Jon, as he was, get to interact with the DC Universe as it is now. The Super Sons dynamic, as it was, was great. I want to see characters like Iris West and Yara Flor interact with that version of Jon and Damian. I want to see that version of Jon meet Conner. I want to see that version of Jon move forward and grow up. That's what we've been robbed of and that's what we need to be given back.
    Wouldn't they get to meet kid version of yara flor or iris?I mean,they are already in story over continuity model now.As far as i have heard,death metal gives that vibe.Conner is tricky.He's just added into continuity.Anyways,for me it all depends on how good the supersons book is.If it feels isolated and filler like the adventures of super-sons.Then I woud say it doesn't work and we have a problem.I hope clark,bruce,lois,alfred...etc are part of the cast and they get explore the titans,the league,dcu in general as part of a past event.That's the fun part about super-sons.These boys meeting the world.

As for cw jon,The thing i am most look forward to is all the shipping wars over jon kent dating.Oh!!!joy!It's gonna be just another teen drama.Hopefully,i get something like smallville clois.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    There is nothing wrong with being a bit of a show off.I mean,superman should do that more for gals and guys interested in research.For getting guys to hit the gym.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-16-2020 at 10:06 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You can't deny how epic Momoa's entrance with the suit was, though .

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I've already said in this thread how this is the direction I'd want DC to take with Jon, so I'm happy we're gonna get more teen Jon. I am glad we have a new writer tackling the character and hopefully that leads to actual discussion of whats going on with him and not just complaints about Bendis like every past issue discussion with Jon the past 2 years.

I don't think it's synergy at all, I don't think there has been any plans at DC to ever reverse Jon's age, honestly. That's always just been the hope of fans, but there was never any indication that was a move that was ever on the cards by people at DC.

Astonishing Member

I'm honestly glad a new writer will tackle teen Jon. It will be an improvement on Bendis' (lack thereof) writing. I'm one of those few who loves Jon regardless of what stage he's at, I just feel DC finds teen Jon a bit more flexible to work with. While young Jon is the more popular version because of Super Sons, I could not see him remaining at that age forever. Many want to see him age but I don't think DC likes the idea of their top tier heroes and some characters aging because of the legacy characters look at Batman and the long list of his Robins. And with Jon, Superman is safe because he's slow aging but Lois isn't. She may not be high on the priority list of creators or even DC itself but aging Lois seven years will create a situation that the CW show is already facing, people complaining/deriding an "old" Lois with a visibly young Clark. It's very ageist but also reality. A solution was to find Lois a fountain of youth well to drink from or give her back some of those super powers and not many are for that.

How Jon was aged up is bad bad but I'm convinced that while Bendis benefited from it to push his own ideas, it was more DC trying to cut corners. DiDio may be gone but I don't think he was the only one with this attitude towards heroes. I guess he was the one with all the power to act on his wishes sure and enforce it on others but I doubt he was alone in his ideals.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    hopefully that leads to actual discussion of whats going on with him and not just complaints about Bendis like every past issue discussion with Jon the past 2 years.
    If that was all you got then you haven't been reading or paying attension.What the heck was there to discuss?The age up was carried out in the utmost ridiculous manner.If this direction compromises jon and damian stories set in the past.If teen jon doesn't provide a different superman who actually something,identifies himself with something tangible.this entire thing is pointless.He is just another another teenage superhero,another flying brick "superhero" on top of that which actually means nothing and says nothing.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    If that was all you got then you haven't been reading or paying attension.What the heck was there to discuss?The age up was carried out in the utmost ridiculous manner.If this direction compromises jon and damian stories set in the past.If teen jon doesn't provide a different superman who actually something,identifies himself with something tangible.this entire thing is pointless.He is just another another teenage superhero,another flying brick "superhero" on top of that which actually means nothing and says nothing.
    I think your expectations are too high for these characters in this medium. I'm not saying you shouldn't want more or different out of them but rather the dye is cast, mould set for them to be written a certain way, unless you start from scratch with a very new character. Someone like Yara for example. Jon is his father's successor for better or for worse. Giving him his mother's character traits more visible/tangible would have been brilliant but alas, they aren't keen on lifting him above being a carbon copy of his dad who just has a different upbringing/childhood to Clark.