Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1064
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why did someone put a child's head on a man's body? There's the uncanny valley and then there's that.
    i don't know.i found it funny.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Future State: Superman of Metropolis preview. Meet ADULT Jon!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/25/dc...-metropolis-1/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No Thanks, I'll pass.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I refuse to.

Oh!well,Your loss.that was damn good.Way better than anything bendis offered.A bit new52 superman and tokyo ghoul like.I loved how jon deflects a shell from the tank with his forarm and jumps to use freeze breath.The flight felt different as well.Hopefully,it is.I would appreciate speed and agility being emphasized.The invincible influences shine through so that it isn't new52 with a different guy.I don't know about you superjesusdad of metropolis is boring for me.The character ain't protagonist material.I don't need superman being metropolis's dad in the books i read.Certainly don't need a bible either.I firmly relate to jon being about saving children from bad situation.Sure,he saves the world and what not.But a child in need of help being his top priority is damn awesome .And children need that more.A champion,i mean.They are defenceless and vulnerable.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-25-2020 at 10:20 PM.

I checked the preview out, in the spirit of giving things a fair shake. Better than Bendis' take on an older Jon. Still not impressed though. It does have a bit of a New 52 Superman vibe. So if you're into that, you might be into this. But it's just...not what I'd want for Jon. Regardless of what age he is. I continue to be "meh" on Future State as a whole.
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-25-2020 at 10:28 PM.

That's...definitely better, tone-wise. But I still don't like how...Clark he is. Like I'm really starting to wonder what the point of his existence is if he's just his Dad in almost every possible way.

Inb4 he's a fucking journalist too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I checked the preview out, in the spirit of giving things a fair shake. Better than Bendis' take on an older Jon. Still not impressed though. It does have a bit of a New 52 Superman vibe. So if you're into that, you might be into this. But it's just...not what I'd want for Jon. Regardless of what age he is. I continue to be "meh" on Future State as a whole.
    as far as i am concerned Morrison's superman is the real superman.Superdad is just pa kent.Every superman needs the goldenage fire.
    That's...definitely better, tone-wise. But I still don't like how...Clark he is. Like I'm really starting to wonder what the point of his existence is if he's just his Dad in almost every possible way.

Inb4 he's a fucking journalist too.
    That's just his sunny side or breather moments.Where the character let's it go for a minute.Superman was never about fluff.
    Writers want leeway to do whatever.Superman clark kent is more of a messianic jesus like symbol.Doing anything with him leads to shitstorm.Besides,tomasi wrote jon being into writing as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-25-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Besides,tomasi wrote jon being into writing as well.
    Yep, and I wasn't a huge fan of it there either. Just more forgiving of it there since he was still a little kid and it's kinda cute that he wants to emulate his parents enough to join the school paper. Kinda hoping he'd grow out of it somewhat as he got older though. Maybe start finding his own niche. Even if that niche is still in writing, make it a different path than journalism.

Yep, and I wasn't a huge fan of it there either. Just more forgiving of it there since he was still a little kid and it's kinda cute that he wants to emulate his parents enough to join the school paper. Kinda hoping he'd grow out of it somewhat as he got older though. Maybe start finding his own niche. Even if that niche is still in writing, make it a different path than journalism.
    My idea would have been to have him get a job from bibbo and have bibbo take him in.Jon doesn't even have a degree.Jon would start off doing the blue collar jobs.Just like the circus origins or hugo danner origin of superman.Not a fan of him wearing the white-shirt.That shirt was always just a thin veil.What inside is a circus strongman who fights for the weak.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    My idea would have been to have him get a job from bibbo and have bibbo take him in.Jon doesn't even have a degree.Jon would start off doing the blue collar jobs.Just like the circus origins or hugo danner origin of superman.Not a fan of him wearing the white-shirt.That shirt was always just a thin veil.What inside is a circus strongman who fights for the weak.
    Honestly, ever since Dark Knights Metal (I think that's the event where it happened) I've always kinda pictured a grown up Jon pursuing some kind of career in music.

Honestly, ever since Dark Knights Metal (I think that's the event where it happened) I've always kinda pictured a grown up Jon pursuing some kind of career in music.
    I think that's more suitable for a conner book.That storyline i mean.The guy was celebrity hero.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Aside from that small bit in Metal, I don't recall this ever coming up whereas Jon's been interested in writing far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    No Thanks, I'll pass.
    Seonded. /10char