Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1064

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Aside from that small bit in Metal, I don't recall this ever coming up whereas Jon's been interested in writing far more.
    Oh I know. It's just a route that I personally wouldn't mind him going down. That said, aside from the most recent Super Sons, when else did he express an interest in writing?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That's...definitely better, tone-wise. But I still don't like how...Clark he is. Like I'm really starting to wonder what the point of his existence is if he's just his Dad in almost every possible way.

Inb4 he's a fucking journalist too.
    So they can soft reboot the franchise. You get your old uncool narc Superdad who tells kids to drink their orange juice and say the Pledge of Allegiance and the young hot teen angsty heartthrob Superman with Jon (I exaggerate but not by much). Basically they think they’ve finally found a way around Clark’s public image problems and a way to retry the New 52 reboot.

Yeah he probably is going to be a journalist which sucks. But they’ve been writing him more or less as a Clark Jr. for so long I can’t say I didn’t see it coming. I’d rather he be a fiction writer or something if he has to write.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So they can soft reboot the franchise. You get your old uncool narc Superdad who tells kids to drink their orange juice and say the Pledge of Allegiance and the young hot teen angsty heartthrob Superman with Jon (I exaggerate but not by much). Basically they think they’ve finally found a way around Clark’s public image problems and a way to retry the New 52 reboot.

Yeah he probably is going to be a journalist which sucks. But they’ve been writing him more or less as a Clark Jr. for so long I can’t say I didn’t see it coming. I’d rather he be a fiction writer or something if he has to write.
    Along with giving him purple eyes, make him addicted to orange juice (freshly squeezed) and as he gets older coffee. Give him some of Lois's traits to fix him being Clark 2.0.

Aside from that? I think he'd be cool as something a bit more hands-on than a reporter like his parents. A firefighter or first responder would be a great career for Jon. I'd have his interest in writing develop more into a blog he writes about his adventures as Superboy/man. He's a brash, energetic kid who cares about people. His career should be active and I think his writing should be more of a "I busted Lex Luthor doing x" and not really wait on the evidence stuff, let the public forum (i.e., social media) rip the corrupt apart and let journalists make sure they can pin it to evidence; he'd essentially be a public source... But would also write about space and stuff because holy shit outer space!

But just another reporter would be a misstep, in my opinion. I think rock star is covered by Black Canary (though I think she was more in an indie rock band) and in the Super family of books it fits Conner way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Oh I know. It's just a route that I personally wouldn't mind him going down. That said, aside from the most recent Super Sons, when else did he express an interest in writing?
    It all runs together on a Sunday afternoon, but I think it showed up once or twice in Tomasi's run alongside the Lois and Clark mini. I could swear I saw it in the Jurgens run too, but again, lazy Sundays make for a very hazy memory.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Angsty teen is yuck!Also,i don't believe that is the reason they decided to go for clark.jr.Clark kent is "revered" symbol.I hold no such feelings.But,generally they can't try new things or stories with the character without causing a giant fuss.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Everybody shut up and read this: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-f...hate-superman/

" Superman having to deal with Brainiac, The Five Empires, The Golden Gods Of Creon, The Time Luchadores."

Time Luchadores.

TIME LUCHADORES!!

Inject this story into me NOW! You literally can't miss with a story involving Jon Kent Superman punch time traveling super luchadores. And all of that seems to be hinted at as taking place before the Future State story, so likely in Jon's run as Superman in the main book. My body has never been more ready.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Everybody shut up and read this: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-f...hate-superman/

" Superman having to deal with Brainiac, The Five Empires, The Golden Gods Of Creon, The Time Luchadores."

Time Luchadores.

TIME LUCHADORES!!

Inject this story into me NOW! You literally can't miss with a story involving Jon Kent Superman punch time traveling super luchadores. And all of that seems to be hinted at as taking place before the Future State story, so likely in Jon's run as Superman in the main book. My body has never been more ready.
    Time traveling wrestlers is exciting? I mean interesting yes but that's the main take away from this article mine was Jon & Kara having been apparently they through hands juicy!

Also Challenge was very enjoyable today Jon shined.

Also interesting bit of news/rumor regarding Jon's version of the Justice League: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-f...ustice-league/

"The original Justice League team got too big, brought in too many members, and so one betrayed them and spilt their secrets. So future versions of the Justice League maintain mandatory secret identities and no fraternisation between members. Sorry, Superman and Wonder Woman… or Aquaman and Mera… or Batman and Wonder Woman."

The secret identities being mandatory is sort of ironic because, from what I can tell, only 2--maybe 3 members on the team even have them (Batman, Flash, and maybe GL).

But it's the no interpersonal relationship stuff that really, really interest me. 1) because that's a fascinating new wrinkle for the team that's never really been explored or had any sort of fine point put on it. Usually the idea with these team books is to make them all friends-- if not family on some level.

And 2) the existence of Jon and Yara's Superman/Wonder Woman book seems to be positioning them to break that rule on some level. The two even seem to share some sort of moment/budding dynamic in the JL book prior to SM/WW

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Also, more regarding Yara and Jon's budding dynamic: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-f...ore-political/

"Superman/Wonder Woman sees Yara Flor having made several political stances, after being part of the Justice League. She will no longer be part of that team while they are still associated with the United Planets."

This is really fascinating because it implies that, like any form of government, it's ultimately susceptible to glaring flaws. But what's even more fascinating is that Yara sits at a table across from the dude who came up with the whole thing, but ultimately said dude isn't actually responsible for what his simple and pure idea of "lets all work together to help each other because we're all more similar than we are different" became.

I'm interested to know Jon's stance on what the UP has become. I imagine he's looking at things from a very, very Big Picture view given the fact that he knows what the UP will become if allowed to grow. But it may be a forest before the trees sort of deal with him, and that's a real understandable POV given his first hand experience. But that also doesn't at all invalidate Yara's concerns in the here and now. It's an ideological split that isn't as basic as the "I'm darkness and you're hope" empty platitudes, or even the "I kill and you don't" stuff.

Really want to see them get into this stuff in both Future State and the main books.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

CW is taking note of this.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Also Challenge was very enjoyable today Jon shined.
    Yeah. Jon was freakin awesome today. And I'm already enjoying this story a lot more than Adventures'. Wasn't a fan of the out of order storytelling at first but I think I'm coming around to it. Especially since we'll be getting more of an explanation next week. Apparently they're dealing with Faust and Vandal Savage now. Look at my boys, stepping their game up and moving on to big name villains.
    '

Need more like Challenge of the Super Sons.

I hate to be the downer.It feels like aoss.It feels like isolated event and just a bunch of adventures.Nothing can happen in that book.I feel this is just a way of shutting up the online folks who demand it.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hate to be the downer.It feels like aoss.It feels like isolated event and just a bunch of adventures.Nothing can happen in that book.I feel this is just a way of shutting up the online folks who demand it.
    That's all it was ever going to be. Child Jon won't be able to really have his narrative influenced because he still has to go to Earth-3, come back, go to the future and return to become Superman. At most, he can get characterized more but if you guys seriously thought that he was going to have a lot of significant development I just don't know what to tell you.

The book can still be a good time and you might get to see some actual cool character work, but he can't die or change too much from the default Jon as a child model. At most, you'll be able to see his character filled in a bit more, perhaps some relationships (he's ten, so pretty much only friendship) formed, but not too much else.

Yes yes, I know, grumble grumble Bendis grumble.

As for Future State? If people really respond to something, it'll show up in Teen Jon's time. If they do hook him and Yara up and the net loves it, expect their relationship to blossom ahead of schedule. Future State is still a possible future. There's no way DC commits to it lock, stock and barrel because otherwise they'd keep it ongoing. The one change I'm pretty confident in is him losing the cape in a year. I prefer the costume he rocks now to the Future State one, but if they're going for him inheriting the mantle then they'll want the visual indicator he's graduated.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-28-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well yeah. That's exactly what it is. We've known from the start that that's all it can be thanks to the current status quo for both Jon and Damian. I get the feeling they're under the impression that people only wanted Jon back for Super Sons. Bendis certainly seems to think so. [eye roll]

It's not the most ideal situation. In fact I'm still really upset that it has to be this way. But hey. We're getting a good story out of it so far so I can't complain too much. All I can do is keep voting with my wallet. And since these issues are less than a dollar each, that won't be too hard.

At the very least, DC clearly still knows there's a market for Super Sons. So who knows what this could lead to in the future? if they're still insistent on going down this current dull as dishwater road with Jon, where he's just "Superman but a little younger", then I'd be fine with DC letting Tomasi break Super Sons off into its own separate continuity. That way the characters wouldn't be trapped inside a bubble anymore and would actually be allowed to grow and develop at their own pace, without contradicting anything. Again, not the perfect situation but still one where everyone....kinda wins. Doesn't solve every problem but it's a compromise I'd be willing to put up with.
    Last edited by Blue22; 12-29-2020 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's all it was ever going to be. Child Jon won't be able to really have his narrative influenced because he still has to go to Earth-3, come back, go to the future and return to become Superman. At most, he can get characterized more but if you guys seriously thought that he was going to have a lot of significant development I just don't know what to tell you.

The book can still be a good time and you might get to see some actual cool character work, but he can't die or change too much from the default Jon as a child model. At most, you'll be able to see his character filled in a bit more, perhaps some relationships (he's ten, so pretty much only friendship) formed, but not too much else.

Yes yes, I know, grumble grumble Bendis grumble.

As for Future State? If people really respond to something, it'll show up in Teen Jon's time. If they do hook him and Yara up and the net loves it, expect their relationship to blossom ahead of schedule. Future State is still a possible future. There's no way DC commits to it lock, stock and barrel because otherwise they'd keep it ongoing. The one change I'm pretty confident in is him losing the cape in a year. I prefer the costume he rocks now to the Future State one, but if they're going for him inheriting the mantle then they'll want the visual indicator he's graduated.
    yeah well,i expected or still want something like superboy series.