Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I recognise Jon, Kenan, and Mon-El there. Who are the others?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I recognise Jon, Kenan, and Mon-El there. Who are the others?
    Chris,val-zod and i guess that's conner. With conner it's has been a trend to go goldenage superman-esque .

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with Ryan Sook's art on Legion as a whole, but more specifically his subtle fine tuning of Jon's look.

It's outstanding now, in my opinion. He's pulled back on the bulkiness, tightened up sleeves, and simplified the boots.

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I like that while Damian there is swearing at the sight of the future, in the background, you can see Dawnstar, saying the exact same thing because of Damian's presence.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Chris,val-zod and i guess that's conner. With conner it's has been a trend to go goldenage superman-esque .
    Well, if it is him, the artist seems to have redesigned his costume. And he never normally wears a cape, except for when he wore the classic Superman costume briefly when he joined the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Looks like we're getting a new Super Sons story with 10 year old Jon. Presumably in the Robin 80th anniversary special.
    https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...75049641160704
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-25-2020 at 03:12 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I like that while Damian there is swearing at the sight of the future, in the background, you can see Dawnstar, saying the exact same thing because of Damian's presence.

Well, if it is him, the artist seems to have redesigned his costume. And he never normally wears a cape, except for when he wore the classic Superman costume briefly when he joined the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Looks like we're getting a new Super Sons story with 10 year old Jon. Presumably in the Robin 80th anniversary special.
    The boys are back. For real this time?????

Mighty Member

Hooray. Even if it's for one night only, it will be a welcome respite from the crap Bendis has been peddling.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Ooooooh seeing the real Jon again feels great. A shame he's not actually back but this is still nice.

Its something at least!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its something at least!
    I find my self saying this alot

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    Jon vs Clark in the preview of Green Lantern: Blackstars #3.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...kstars-2019-3/
    Whelp! Jon has gone full meta. Match of the century folks.

Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-27-2020 at 09:37 PM.

Looks like morrison read this.

Jon's not implying that Clark has more than one kid in that preview. He's speaking about grown ups in general.

That's why he "you're the ones who have no future". "Ones" as in plural, meaning not just Clark.

This concept of youth/younger generation battling adulthood/older generation, and accusing adults of intentionally trying to sabotage and hold back young is an idea he's used often.

Most famously that's a large part of what his New X-Men run is centered around, and specifically that's what the cult favorite character he created for the run, Quentin Quire, is all about. "Riot at Xavier's" (issues 135-138 of New X-Men) is what you're looking for.

Basically Morrison has cast Jon as almost a follower of the zealot-like Quentin Quire from that story. Conceptually the intent seems to be to both parody himself (thus, redoing the New X-Men martial), and parody the characters. So the jab Morrison is throwing here is at Superman as the "man of tomorrow". And it makes sense why he'd pick his future-forward X-Men run to parody with it.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Jon's not implying that Clark has more than one kid in that preview. He's speaking about grown ups in general.

That's why he "you're the ones who have no future". "Ones" as in plural, meaning not just Clark.

This concept of youth/younger generation battling adulthood/older generation, and accusing adults of intentionally trying to sabotage and hold back young is an idea he's used often.

Most famously that's a large part of what his New X-Men run is centered around, and specifically that's what the cult favorite character he created for the run, Quentin Quire, is all about. "Riot at Xavier's" (issues 135-138 of New X-Men) is what you're looking for.

Basically Morrison has cast Jon as almost a follower of the zealot-like Quentin Quire from that story. Conceptually the intent seems to be to both parody himself (thus, redoing the New X-Men martial), and parody the characters. So the jab Morrison is throwing here is at Superman as the "man of tomorrow". And it makes sense why he'd pick his future-forward X-Men run to parody with it.
    I didn't imply that clark has more than one kids. Well, i read it as jon being a legacy saying "f-- you" to his father and silverage generation. Its essentially a jab at people that think the others that came after don't matter or should stay stuck being under the JL in importance and fundamentally having no future or worse, get erased . Lets be honest superman has been getting his ass kicked as representative of the gen for a while now. Jon is just the latest. Donna did it better though i must admit.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-27-2020 at 10:48 PM.

My mistake then. I just found it confusing that you'd say "looks like Morrison read this" in reference to a web comic that's all about forgotten "children" and how Clark "didn't save them" rather than referencing something closer to your point.