Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21616768697071
Results 1,051 to 1,064 of 1064
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Got my FS books early, it’s I don’t know. Feel like they are rehashing Damian’s Batman 666 character arc. Has a similar chip on his shoulder, driving him to do what he thinks is needed even if it’s not a popular choice. Though the big difference is Damian was at least competent.
    Sounds unsurprising and still disappointing. Thanks for the heads up.

So do you work at comic book store? That must be fun.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Sounds unsurprising and still disappointing. Thanks for the heads up.

So do you work at comic book store? That must be fun.
    No, i think the new distributors just sent them to my comic shop a week early and they didn't realize. So my shop just had them on their selves.

Mighty Member

No, i think the new distributors just sent them to my comic shop a week early and they didn't realize. So my shop just had them on their selves.
    Also, exciting. Always fun to get a look at something a little early than intended.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Got my FS books early, it’s I don’t know. Feel like they are rehashing Damian’s Batman 666 character arc. Has a similar chip on his shoulder, driving him to do what he thinks is needed even if it’s not a popular choice. Though the big difference is Damian was at least competent.
    Have you read new52 superman?Is jon like superbro 100 percent?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Have you read new52 superman?Is jon like superbro 100 percent?
    Not sure what that means, sorry.

Not sure what that means, sorry.
    He's asking if Future State Jon reminds you of Action Comic's Superman from the early new 52 era.

The Jeans and Tshirt Clark from the early Grant Morrison run.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He's asking if Future State Jon reminds you of Action Comic's Superman from the early new 52 era.

Nah, Super Bro had some personality (a little but some) unlike Bland Teen "I'm A Mini-Me of Daddy" Jon.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Oh, no. Its a different kind of angst and entitlement. Both share in the idea that its a more human Superman i guess, but Jon is more millennial for lack of a better term.

As someone who generally likes Jon, though the kid version is my preferred Jon, this left me not really liking this Jon. Too be fair i don't think the time skip helps here, because we didn't really get to see him earn the right to make the decisions he makes in this. So its hard to sympathies with him.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Oh, no. Its a different kind of angst and entitlement. Both share in the idea that its a more human Superman i guess, but Jon is more millennial for lack of a better term.

As someone who generally likes Jon, though the kid version is my preferred Jon, this left me not really liking this Jon. Too be fair i don't think the time skip helps here, because we didn't really get to see him earn the right to make the decisions he makes in this. So its hard to sympathies with him.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What does earning the right mean? Just curious?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-31-2020 at 09:54 PM.

I am just gonna wait till the book comes out.The preview had a very new52 superman feel.He's superman and tries to do what's right.I don't like superdad.The guy tries to be savior messiah.And i don't like guy's that play to the crowd.He's boring as heck.So,i might enjoy this.Also,I don't think morrison's superman was a human.He just didn't pretend to be humanity's or metropolis's dad.
    Edit-My vote,jon if ever goes back to being a kid should be trained by the monkey king sun wukong.Enough with the "power has to be used responsibly" or "power corrupts" blah!blah! blah!.These guys are no fun at all.And people ask why superman is boring.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-31-2020 at 09:46 PM.

What does earning the right mean? Just curious?
    He does something. Says it’s for the best, but who is he and what has he done to make that kind of decision? He’s not someone we have seen prove himself really, or got to experience actually develop over the years, for us to really know and trust in his actions. FS Jon doesn’t do what’s right, he does what he thinks is right. But nothing has been done to really demonstrate to us here that this isn’t just a kid with too much power playing god.

It was hard to sympathize with him or his actions. Hard to give him the befit of the doubt cause we haven’t really seen him earn anything. They try to show us in a panel that he’s been fighting for a decade now, but it reads like them just telling us that he is experiencing now. Them going look here are tiny teasers of what he’s done. Again I like Jon, but he came off here like the a privilege child abusing his privilege cause he’s doesn’t feel respected enough.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-31-2020 at 10:39 PM.

He does something. Says it’s for the best, but who is he and what has he done to make that kind of decision? He’s not someone we have seen prove himself really, or got to experience actually develop over the years, for us to really know and trust in his actions. FS Jon doesn’t do what’s right, he does what he thinks is right. But nothing has been done to really demonstrate to us that this isn’t just a kid with too much power playing god. It was hard to sympathize with him.
    when has being superman been about public trust?From day one,the dude has been taking the law in his own hands and unilateraly making decisions.Jon needs to act.I prefer a man of action to a man of poultry substance and pretentious boyscoutishness.If he messes up,then he messes up and would need to take responsibility.Face any consequances.And that's that.

The difference being we have seen Clark prove himself over and over for readers to trust in or at least sympathize with his decisions and his motivations. Given the story here even, Batman would be a better comparison. Batman often makes cold and calculated decisions because of what he thinks is best. And it often blows up in his face, but readers have shared enough of Bruce’s journeys to at least sympathize with his decisions. The what FS Jon lacks thanks to the time skip. It tells us he’s put in the work, but we never got to actually see him put in the work. So it feels hollow. We’re missing the journey with Jon to sympathize with him here. We’re suppose to sympathize with him and his decision.