Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think her Earth-2 Kara Zor-L origin is fine as is, and she technically does have an origin story of sorts in JSA Classified #1-4, but a new mini reorienting her would probably be good.
    But that wasn't really an origin story. It just had the usual one panel bit where she's launched to Earth 2, and there it is. That's not an origin story. And the rest was just a retcon story.

A video about an alternate roster for the four brainwashed heroines in Final Crisis. One of the ideas proposed is Power Girl @4:49.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    But that wasn't really an origin story. It just had the usual one panel bit where she's launched to Earth 2, and there it is. That's not an origin story. And the rest was just a retcon story.
    You're right, but it does do a good job filling the reader in on who she is and where she's from. It's more of an in-medias res take on origins. Naturally, a more linear take that stands a bit more evergreen on the shelves would be best for getting newer readers up to speed.

And it's another PG book on my shelf.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

A video about an alternate roster for the four brainwashed heroines in Final Crisis. One of the ideas proposed is Power Girl @4:49.
    Oh, the WW fans won't like that last comment! Actually, his main idea was not bad, as were his observations about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You're right, but it does do a good job filling the reader in on who she is and where she's from. It's more of an in-medias res take on origins. Naturally, a more linear take that stands a bit more evergreen on the shelves would be best for getting newer readers up to speed.

And it's another PG book on my shelf.
    Yes! And that was all I want, a mini expanding on that. As you say, one more PG title.

"Kryptonians and Coffee" by ninalinovna

https://twitter.com/overseer195/stat...64042467028999

Incredible Member

A very classy fan art page of her:

https://www.deviantart.com/adamantis/gallery/all

Extraordinary Member

It does seem unlikely that PG's getting much play now.

It does seem unlikely that PG's getting much play now.
    And it's a crying shame... I would love to see Karen back.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Lois Lane Power Woman (in which Lois not Linda fuses with Martix and create our favorite superherione) chapter two is posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1356135...ne-Power-Woman

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

How about this. In whatever comic book, OGN, or wherever they make their first real appearance, PG and the rest of the JSA simply show up as though none of the past decade plus happened, as though they simply stepped out for a minute? Same everything else...well, cut the JSA roster to the essentials and spin the other off somewhere else or just hold them in reserve as DC isn't likely now to ever do an Infinity Inc. book in the near future. Then if they want, minis establishing origins for each major character, including PG.

How about this. In whatever comic book, OGN, or wherever they make their first real appearance, PG and the rest of the JSA simply show up as though none of the past decade plus happened, as though they simply stepped out for a minute? Same everything else...well, cut the JSA roster to the essentials and spin the other off somewhere else or just hold them in reserve as DC isn't likely now to ever do an Infinity Inc. book in the near future. Then if they want, minis establishing origins for each major character, including PG.
    I think you may be forgetting just how fractured the team was following their split into Justice Society of America and All-Stars with Magog going full heel somewhere in the middle of all that. If we're cherry-picking iterations, it'd probably be best to get a team six months out from when Geoff left the book so you can trim the characters you don't need (Ted's son, Wildcat III for example) to reduce the team size or add some extra diversity/give other characters a chance to shine (Yolanda, Wildcat II for example).

A mini establishing some of the breakouts would be solid, but can you imagine a mini for each member of DC's biggest team short of Legion? The rollout would never end! Not that I'm complaining, I'd buy most of them.

Extraordinary Member

So just checking.

JSA Powergirl and new 52 Earth-2 Powergirl are two different people with two different memories?

So JSA Powergirl did not get her memory wipe from Flashpoint and become New 52 Powergirl?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So just checking.

JSA Powergirl and new 52 Earth-2 Powergirl are two different people with two different memories?

So JSA Powergirl did not get her memory wipe from Flashpoint and become New 52 Powergirl?
    Editorial shoulder shrug thus far. We don't know much, but the idea that pre-FP PG still exists is more a fan theory than concrete right now. It comes down to if you think the PG in Harley Quinn and Deathstroke is a different PG, but as of yet DC hasn't said much about her one way or the other.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So just checking.

I'd say the Powergirl we saw trapped in Deathstroke is the Pre-flashpoint Power Girl and separate from New 52 Power Girl. I don't see how it being Earth-2 Powergirl would make sense.

We also saw her with the JSA in Doomsday clock so I thought that would mean she'd be back already. But Jesse Quick was also there in Doomsday Clock as Liberty Belle, but the most recent issues of Flash still had her trapped in Speed Force. So I don't know whether she's still trapped or not. She also made a cameo in the HQ&tBoP miniseries but that's out of continuity.

The best chance she has of showing up soon or giving us answers would be another appearance with the JSA. I'm really disappointed Shazam cancelled right before they were suppose to make their guest appearance there. I guess we're waiting for them to do some kind of follow up either confirming her being back with the JSA already or being rescued along with Tanya somewhere.