Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

So when was Karen supposed to show up in this new weird time line?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So when was Karen supposed to show up in this new weird time line?
    I don’t think that’s the timeline I think that’s just supposed to be a variant.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Are you saying she isn't back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Are you saying she isn't back yet?
    No she is probably back thanks to Doomsday Clock, which is canon thanks to Death Metal. I’m just saying don’t base anything off that cover yet.

I think she’ll probably show up in the big battle pages if anything.
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-11-2020 at 04:39 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, with Wonder Woman out front like that, and in those clothes; it seems to be a weird conglomeration of a few younger heroes who don't belong with old Wonder Woman, and the older ones who do in that new and dumb thing they did having WW be the founder or whatever it is. But it may still be classic PG; I don't have any idea what that story is.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I gotta be honest, Scott Snyder isn't my first pick for getting to reintroduce Power Girl, but Geoff's on board so hopefully she returns the PG we know and love.

That cover looks like it is representing the Golden Age/JSA era, but Power Girl being part of that era is a bit weird. Although Wonder Woman being on and leading the JSA apparently is weird too. I get they are doing it for the movie synergy, but she has never really been part of the JSA so it feels off to me.

It also had liberty bell/Jesse quick and hourman who are not old school, so maybe it's just a half way representation of the old JSA.

I just don't want Karen to predate Kal, or even Kara, she should be a multiverse refugee from earth 2 during the Crisis

It's a variant cover, so don't take it too seriously. The next one with Superman is more atomic age but the NTT are there. The Batman one has the JLI on it. I don't think we're going to have PG in the '40s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's a variant cover, so don't take it too seriously. The next one with Superman is more atomic age but the NTT are there. The Batman one has the JLI on it. I don't think we're going to have PG in the '40s.
    No, obviously not. All three covers have weird elements that suggest a mix of realities and times.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    No, obviously not. All three covers have weird elements that suggest a mix of realities and times.
    Yeah. If anything, The Spectre being there is the biggest tip off that it's not a normal lineup. He hasn't been a rank and file member for at least four decades if memory serves.

As a series of covers ,maybe it's just representative of continuity that is about to be restored by the event?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    As a series of covers ,maybe it's just representative of continuity that is about to be restored by the event?
    You can't really restore a continuity where Diana is a member of the JSA without Clark/Bruce because it doesn't exist. The closest there is would be Polly filling in as the wartime Wonder Woman post-crisis during, I believe, the end of the Byrne run and expanded on by Phil Jimenez. It's just "look, the JSA" and how artists like to draw Power Girl in group shots. It's a variant, so it's not beholden to continuity, though Johns being onboard tells me she may show up (hopefully not being changed too much).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You can't really restore a continuity where Diana is a member of the JSA without Clark/Bruce because it doesn't exist. The closest there is would be Polly filling in as the wartime Wonder Woman post-crisis during, I believe, the end of the Byrne run and expanded on by Phil Jimenez. It's just "look, the JSA" and how artists like to draw Power Girl in group shots. It's a variant, so it's not beholden to continuity, though Johns being onboard tells me she may show up (hopefully not being changed too much).
    I don't know, Johns doesn't actually like her, and really hasn't used her outside of JSA, where he misused her. But I have no idea what's going on in that cover. Recent history suggests you're right that she might not even show up in the story inside. She hasn't shown up inside the comic for the last ten covers she was on. Thankfully, in most cases. I mean I'm glad she never showed up in Heroes in Crisis for example.

Personally, from Lee's comments on there being no reboot in the works, IF the do decide to bring back Power Girl, I would assume it would be the pre Flashpoint version. But....with the comments of that guy who basically took Lee's job apart from the creative bits, I would not be shocked if the simply went with the Tanya Spears Power Girl and ignored or actually killed off the original. Then again, I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't. I would be if she returned to any prominence at all, either in comics or otherwise. I think she'll merely be a minor character who occasionally shows up in group battle panels but really does nothing and says nothing.

I really don't think those covers are meant to be anything literal. Nothing more than "here's three vague generations of heroes."

And sadly, I agree with Achilles that Karen's not likely to be getting a big push anywhere. If/when JSA returns she'll likely be on that roster, and that'll likely be it. And she might not even get that much. We'll see; we still don't know what DC is going to look like after the culling and we can't use the past to judge what they may do now, since the situation, goals, and people in charge are all radically different. Given the history of how DC has handled her it seems stupid unlikely that she gets anything more than *maybe* a small role in a C-list team.....but that history doesn't provide as much precedent as it used to.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.