Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They should simply put Kara back as the JSA leader.
    I'm for it. I remember her having a better time of it than poor Dinah over in Justice League of America. She and Michael are the only viable options for new kids running the JSA, otherwise I'd argue Alan is the best choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Fair point, but I don't think I can see Uncle Sam taking orders since he represents the Spirit of America and we were founded on the ideal that anyone not acting 100% in our interests isn't worth listening to and rebelling against authority. Granted, I can't see any of the big three doing something too far out of his purview, but I don't know. I think he'd be limited there? Even so, not against it.
    Taking orders, maybe not. Doing what he's asked, or listening to a good plan and being wise enough to roll with it?

Ted Grant isn't a dude who does what he's told either, but he knows that when Allan says do this, it's in everyone's best interests (including Ted's!) to do it.

I dunno, I think Sam would fit just fine. But it's not like his membership is a hill I'd be willing to die on either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Taking orders, maybe not. Doing what he's asked, or listening to a good plan and being wise enough to roll with it?

Ted Grant isn't a dude who does what he's told either, but he knows that when Allan says do this, it's in everyone's best interests (including Ted's!) to do it.

I dunno, I think Sam would fit just fine. But it's not like his membership is a hill I'd be willing to die on either.
    Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't object to him really. I just wouldn't be putting him on the roster if I was tasked with drafting a roster.

Now, Nightwing on the other hand...

Anyway, Karen. It's a shame Dinah left to open up her spot on the team. I thought they would have been a great duo.

Extraordinary Member

I'm for it. I remember her having a better time of it than poor Dinah over in Justice League of America. She and Michael are the only viable options for new kids running the JSA, otherwise I'd argue Alan is the best choice.
    I agree on those choices. And yeah, poor Dinah was getting the shaft from the Trinity; one of those times you don't really like them all that much. Still, I can't see that working on any of these three.

On another subject, I liked it those few times writers have attempted to add layers to her character. Honestly, there just aren't that many times anyone actually does anything with her. But, for example, way back in The Lightning Saga crossover long before Flashpoint, there was a brief, throwaway crowd scene where it emerges that Kara is a rare book collector, and so is Batman, or rather Bruce. And that they bid on the same books; it appears IIRC Kara won that one. Or the bit Robinson wrote in that JSA/JLA thing where Alan goes mad or something, where both Kara and....Kara, that is PG and SG instantly understand some superscience gadget Terrific spent what appears to have been some time building, and then build it at superspeed. The enlightening thing is not that they both have superhuman intelligence and technical abilities, but rather that she prefers to hide her light so to speak, telling him she prefers to simply let him handle the tech stuff, even though she's likely better at it. Not sure what that says about her, and I'm not sure I agree with it, but it was interesting.

Unfortunately, like most things PG, it was never mentioned again. And the nu52 proceeded to make Kara a moron with the defining characteristics of a non-stop sex drive and a tendency to actually BE the airhead other characters like Guy liked to make her.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't object to him really. I just wouldn't be putting him on the roster if I was tasked with drafting a roster.

Now, Nightwing on the other hand...

Anyway, Karen. It's a shame Dinah left to open up her spot on the team. I thought they would have been a great duo.
    Dinah and Kara probably would be a great pairing. Sadly however, Kara's rarely used like that. However, they did have one bit together that I recall, before Kara was retconned back to being Kryptonian, where they teamed to take down the Joker. Actually, I believe that the Joker was actually taken down accidently by a random bicyclist, but only because he was running from them, (well, Dinah, with Kara taking apart his buddies at the time).

My daughter loves that show. And that episode *was* pretty cute.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Why not, "Supergirl" in this show is far more like Karen than Kara anyway so they might as well go all out. lol
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Night wing? How many people said that? Are they on drugs? No way. Not in 1000 years. She doesn’t need a manhooker. She needs a real man. One who loves her for being Karen not PG. that none of the bat family. That for sure.

What about Tom Tresser? As her new bf?

The popular choice on the last thread was Nightwing. While I could argue his points, I'll leave that to Ascended as he's as close to the captain of this ship as you'll find and I'm not looking to mutiny with this little sleep.
    Last edited by gwhh; 02-26-2020 at 03:43 PM.

It makes me smile that you degrade Dick Grayson, the greatest human being on earth, and then suggest a very poor man's Steve Trevor.

I could list the many, many reasons Powerwing works, but it seems like you've made up your mind (which is cool, different strokes for different folks) and I'm not gonna clutter the thread with it (again).
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-26-2020 at 04:30 PM.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It makes me smile that you degrade Dick Grayson, the greatest human being on earth, and then suggest a very poor man's Steve Trevor.

I could list the many, many reasons Powerwing works, but it seems like you've made up your mind (which is cool, different strokes for different folks) and I'm not gonna clutter the thread with it (again).
    Don't feed trolls, my dude.

Extraordinary Member

A request; it would be great and well appreciated by me in particular, but great in general, if when PG makes an appearance that amounts to more than no lines one panel group battle sort of thing, anyone who knows of it could post something of an alert to that appearance here, so her fans don't have to search every title DC puts out for mention of her...

Don't feed trolls, my dude.
    You're right. My bad man.

A request; it would be great and well appreciated by me in particular, but great in general, if when PG makes an appearance that amounts to more than no lines one panel group battle sort of thing, anyone who knows of it could post something of an alert to that appearance here, so her fans don't have to search every title DC puts out for mention of her...
    I shall try very hard to remember!

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

If we would get a return to pre Crisis Earth 2, I could totally see a Dick Grayson / Karen Starr pairing working well.

Well until the JSA shows up anywhere, just look at whenever Jimmy and Amanda have a book coming out. For good or ill, they're the only ones who can get anyone from DC to let PG get some panel time.