Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    From the Linda Danvers thread; Peter David had planned a spinoff Bird of Prey-like series with both Supergirls and Powergirl as a team.
    "Blonde Justice" is rather old news, and envisioned PG back when she was in the horrible Atlantean phase, but might have been interesting anyway. Aw well, it's not as if PG hasn't been part of plans that were never implemented before...

Chapter Fourteen of my DC/Dragon Ball Z crossover which features a fusion of Power Girl (and Chi Chi) is posted. Check it out, if so inclined. -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1294361...n-Wife-of-Goku

Enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    "Blonde Justice" is rather old news, and envisioned PG back when she was in the horrible Atlantean phase, but might have been interesting anyway. Aw well, it's not as if PG hasn't been part of plans that were never implemented before...
    Not for me it was

Wasn't she out of it by 2003 already? *ponders*

Chapter Fifteen of my DC/Dragon Ball Z crossover which features a fusion of Power Girl (and Chi Chi) is posted. Check it out, if so inclined. -

Enjoy

Extraordinary Member

Not for me it was

Don't know. I think PAD would have done right by PG if he'd been allowed to do that, and without the interference he got at the time from editorial. I remember I kind of sort of accused him on the old DC message boards of giving her that weird, short******d weakness to "raw, natural, unprocessed material". Sadly, or happily depending on your point of view, he was also on those boards at the time and well, set me straight. For the record, it was an editorial decision, not his. He just happened to be using the character at a time when no one else was, when she was not in any ongoing title, and thus drew the short straw. But within those limits, he did a decent job with her in the pages of Supergirl and Aquaman. And I've always like the idea of pairing her with Black Canary. Add her to the mix, and I would have been in. AFAIK, then Atlantean PG had only the one bit in Supergirl where she was paired with Matrix SG, but it did work fairly well.
    Last edited by achilles; 04-06-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Not for me it was

I think it was closer to Infinite Crisis; 2005 or so.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Chapter Sixteen of my DC/Dragon Ball Z crossover which features a fusion of Power Girl (and Chi Chi) is posted. Check it out, if so inclined. -

Enjoy

Extraordinary Member

For the Kara/Dick Grayson shippers, here's a fact...both characters went by "Nightwing" at least once, (in Kara's case). So...there's that.

Extraordinary Member

It occurs to me to mention that another decent sized role PG played was in the late 90s or early 2000s Peter Cannon Thunderbolt DC series. She just sort of showed up as a representative of the JLE. I doubt there's a trade, so floppies may be the only way to go. She also of course figured a bit in PAD's Supergirl and his Aquaman runs in the early 2000s before her retcon back to being Kryptonian.

Does anyone know if they traded the Worlds' Finest book with PG and Huntress from the nu52 or the Earth 2 series, also from the nu52?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It occurs to me to mention that another decent sized role PG played was in the late 90s or early 2000s Peter Cannon Thunderbolt DC series. She just sort of showed up as a representative of the JLE. I doubt there's a trade, so floppies may be the only way to go. She also of course figured a bit in PAD's Supergirl and his Aquaman runs in the early 2000s before her retcon back to being Kryptonian.

Does anyone know if they traded the Worlds' Finest book with PG and Huntress from the nu52 or the Earth 2 series, also from the nu52?
    Volumes 1-5 of New 52 Worlds' Finest are PG/Huntress if I recall correctly. The last volume was when it switched to Superman/Batman again.

I got them a while back, but it looks like getting them online now may prove pricey. Call around to your LCS and see what they have available if you decide to take the plunge.
    Last edited by Robanker; 04-08-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Volumes 1-5 of New 52 Worlds' Finest are PG/Huntress if I recall correctly. The last volume was when it switched to Superman/Batman again.

I got them a while back, but it looks like getting them online now may prove pricey. Call around to your LCS and see what they have available if you decide to take the plunge.
    Thanks, I'll do that; they're still delivering trades and the like.

Thanks, I'll do that; they're still delivering trades and the like.
    If you have DC Universe, I suggest trying the series on there before buying it. Karen's not the same as you may remember her Pre-Flashpoint.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If you have DC Universe, I suggest trying the series on there before buying it. Karen's not the same as you may remember her Pre-Flashpoint.
    The nu52 version? Yeah, I know, followed it for a bit before concluding that nuPG was inferior to classic PG in every way. Still, there were a few nice moments, and I missed some of it for reasons. I'm hoping at this point that they simply revert to pre Flashpoint PG and JSA.

The nu52 version? Yeah, I know, followed it for a bit before concluding that nuPG was inferior to classic PG in every way. Still, there were a few nice moments, and I missed some of it for reasons. I'm hoping at this point that they simply revert to pre Flashpoint PG and JSA.
    I'm with you 100%. While I could enjoy Worlds' Finest, Earth-2 was a mess for PG top-to-bottom and even Jorge Jiminez's pencils couldn't save it.