Page 49 of 56 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Power Girl should be used more in the Superman line going forward.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    While I would enjoy that, I would prefer if she only keeps one foot in the Super books and the other firmly in JSA.

But if that's what it takes for Karen to appear more, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    While I would enjoy that, I would prefer if she only keeps one foot in the Super books and the other firmly in JSA.

But if that's what it takes for Karen to appear more, so be it.
    They can do that but, they need to know that she is part of the Superman family. She is a Superman character. Heck, her only family member is Superman himself.

BANNED

Well, I hope it's going to be like that, but to be fair her niche is clashed with Supergirl and at DC condition right now... I don't think they can handle two book with same thematic. Though on the other hand I think she is better in JSA rather than Superbooks where she can fill a niche that any other Super family book won't fill, making her having uniqueness that will guarantee her appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Well, I hope it's going to be like that, but to be fair her niche is clashed with Supergirl and at DC condition right now... I don't think they can handle two book with same thematic. Though on the other hand I think she is better in JSA rather than Superbooks where she can fill a niche that any other Super family book won't fill, making her having uniqueness that will guarantee her appearances.
    She can be in the JSA books but that doesn't mean she isn't part of the Superbooks.She is Superman's cousins.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Which is why I have argued that PG needs to be made much more distinct from SG to prosper; she needs a clear niche and backstory that SG doesn't have. Or at least push both of them to different directions.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Which is why I have argued that PG needs to be made much more distinct from SG to prosper; she needs a clear niche and backstory that SG doesn't have. Or at least push both of them to different directions.
    The problem is that she IS Supergirl. Just from another universe.

Extraordinary Member

There are also a lot of guys who happen to be Superman, just from another universe, time, whatever. Some of them succeed on their own merits. Just define her as a different kind of SG.

BANNED

She can be in the JSA books but that doesn't mean she isn't part of the Superbooks.She is Superman's cousins.
    Yeah, she is Superman's cousin. But she need that 'from another earth' niche to distinct herself from Supergirl, otherwise her book will only clashed with Supergirl. Having JSA is another way to differentiate both of them. In easy way kind like Conner Kent and Jon Kent. Both of them Superboy, but they have different story and role in Super books, so their book won't clash into each other.

She does already. The problem is no one at DC wants to take a change on Karen. Bc her last volune was fun and cool.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    She does already. The problem is no one at DC wants to take a change on Karen. Bc her last volune was fun and cool.
    Not really; she's a pretty generic superhero, doesn't have any special mission or backstory, does the basic superhero thing on her own or with the JSA or the League. And simply being from another universe isn't all that special.

Not really; she's a pretty generic superhero, doesn't have any special mission or backstory, does the basic superhero thing on her own or with the JSA or the League. And simply being from another universe isn't all that special.
    Honest question, what do you like about Power Girl if this is what you think of her?

She is suffering from the BarryAllen effect: That is: several interpretations of Supergirl are stealing PG's personallity, same way as Barry Allen was given Wally's personality.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honest question, what do you like about Power Girl if this is what you think of her?
    Her personality, history, and potential. She's in many respects nearly a blank slate who could become nearly any kind of truly great character. And drawing a sharp distinction between her and SG could only help PG. Giving her a unique or at least unique niche for the Superman Family would help the character in a number of ways. And it doesn't have to be major surgery. Her backstory with the JSA and the League could still be valid and there, in fact I think it would be nice to see.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    She is suffering from the BarryAllen effect: That is: several interpretations of Supergirl are stealing PG's personallity, same way as Barry Allen was given Wally's personality.
    This is true as well. Might be nice if DC used her for more than just testing out things to use later on iterations of SG.