Basically yeah.

A direct adaptation isn't going to appeal to little kids, I'm not arguing for something like that. I don't want my daughter watching an adaptation of Catwoman's rooftop sex scene with Batman from the New52 or anything ridiculous like that.

But, consider Bumblebee; in the comics she's confident and a little mouthy. In the Young Justice cartoon she's confident and a little mouthy. In the original DCSHG she was confident and a little mouthy but in a way that worked for the target audience's sensibilities. In the new DCSHG she's a shy quiet nerd. One of these things is not like the other. That's not "adapting the character for the intended audience" it's just ignoring the character and prescribing a seemingly random archetype to her. This Bumblebee is Bee in name only, yet her established character could have easily worked for the show, as it did before, had the creators wanted. Instead they just pulled an archetype out of a hat and slapped it on her.

It doesn't matter if the prescribed archetype is a classic staple of fiction or if Bee is a Z-lister even comic fans forget exists, it's still lazy. And that's all I'm saying. The show is popular and I'm thankful that it is. I hope the show lasts for a real long time because it's making new, young DC fans. But it's still lazy. It's not "adjustments for the intended audience" it's a completely different character.

The show's Supergirl, at least, I can see as a young version of Karen Starr and that justifies the "angry tough rocker" archetype.

But I feel like this is getting further and further away from talking about Power Girl, so let's forget it and move on yeah?

So here's a question; if Snyder does end up doing a JSA series, as rumors said, do we think he'll use Karen, and do we think he'd write her well?