Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm just hoping they don't feel a need to change her when she returns, but we'll see how and when that happens. I really miss reading Karen's adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm just hoping they don't feel a need to change her when she returns, but we'll see how and when that happens. I really miss reading Karen's adventures.
    Same here. I miss Karen. She's my favorite Kryptonian and deserves better.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

Here are some links to some of this site's Power Girl articles. They're weird, frequently wrong, use wildly different versions of Power Girl to make the same point without even noting that they're all different versions. However, they do have some interesting old art and feature stories that I'd forgotten.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-power-girl-surprising-powers/

https://www.cbr.com/dc-power-girl-mo...-ranked-power/

https://www.cbr.com/power-girl-marve...ains-win-lose/

https://www.cbr.com/things-power-gir...upergirl-cant/

Yes, these articles mostly get things wrong, or are fan fiction, but it's interesting to see what people think of PG, and the answer is they just don't know much about her, or what they think they know is wrong. Still, there is some fun to be had, and they maybe get one or two things right.

While I love this forum, the primary site's articles have always been a hot dumpster fire.

I'm pretty sure one of them will reference that Superman is a human being and that Batman is some immortal bat construct. They just pay people to churn out clickbait to keep the ad revenue going.

Extraordinary Member

While I love this forum, the primary site's articles have always been a hot dumpster fire.

I'm pretty sure one of them will reference that Superman is a human being and that Batman is some immortal bat construct. They just pay people to churn out clickbait to keep the ad revenue going.
    Yeah, pretty much. That's the level of how wrong they are in some of those articles. Or even worse.

Extraordinary Member

So CBR is for featuring PG in the third season of Harley Quinn...

Well, I'm not, but it probably is the most likely place for her to turn up next.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

Well, I'm not, but it probably is the most likely place for her to turn up next.
    To be honest, I feel like it's only a matter of time until she shows up. I'd rather she didn't, but there's no way they're going to miss a chance to sexually harass PG and use her as some object for Harley to lust after and probably bed. Whenever Harley's around, PG is reduced to what most people deride her ass.

To be honest, I feel like it's only a matter of time until she shows up. I'd rather she didn't, but there's no way they're going to miss a chance to sexually harass PG and use her as some object for Harley to lust after and probably bed. Whenever Harley's around, PG is reduced to what most people deride her ass.
    spoilers:
    Isn't Harley with Ivy now in the show? If Karen does show up, I doubt Harley would be interested in her since she now has a girlfriend.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

Considering how almost all characters but Harley and Ivy are treated in that show I have a very, very, VERY bad feeling in my guts. Especially considering PGs rare appearances outside comics. The big 3 can easily take a lot of hits. Lesser known characters though? Could get damaged for quite some time. Probably not Aquaman in Superfriends like damaged but you'll never know until it happened... :/

I have no problem if its following their comic book "relationship". Yeah, its tongue in cheeks and a bit lowbrow fun but PG is still PG and put Harls in her place when she pushes it to far. Something I'm not sure will be "allowed" in the show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    Isn't Harley with Ivy now in the show? If Karen does show up, I doubt Harley would be interested in her since she now has a girlfriend.
    end of spoilers
    Even if that holds Harley off, which I'm not certain about, they will still make all the usual jokes about PG, who likely will just be a punchline for Harley and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That never stopped Harley from lusting after PG when the former was with Ivy. I'm pretty sure they have an open relationship anyway.

So Stargirl got renewed by the CW which will now be there exclusive home of the series. Now I really don't want PG to show up on it. Their takes on pretty much every character have been pretty whack, save Black Lightning which I still enjoy, but their batting average is piss poor and considering Superman shows up to job for Kara, I don't have high hopes for Karen under their pen; she'll likely just become a two dimensional mouthpiece as most characters on their shoes do.

Extraordinary Member

So Stargirl got renewed by the CW which will now be there exclusive home of the series. Now I really don't want PG to show up on it. Their takes on pretty much every character have been pretty whack, save Black Lightning which I still enjoy, but their batting average is piss poor and considering Superman shows up to job for Kara, I don't have high hopes for Karen under their pen; she'll likely just become a two dimensional mouthpiece as most characters on their shoes do.
    But..........Powergirl in live action though.......

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But..........Powergirl in live action though.......
    I don't envy the actress who takes that role and has to deal with people complaining she looks nothing like the character.