Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    It's been made quite clear that Tom King's new Bat Cat series isn't in the main continuity. It's designed to work as a sequel to his run, but it's even less binding than future state. I mean Bruce and Selina have already broken up. They're not getting married or having a kid anytime soon.

I also don't think the Helena reference means anything to either Karen or Kara, and especially not as far as the main continuity goes. Are we forgetting they already set up the return of Pre-flashpoint Karen in Deathstroke and showed her with the returned JSA in Doomsday Clock? Why do some of us seem to think Karen is just going to be dropped without a mention when the JSA get their relaunch?

Speaking of which, DC really needs to stop dragging their heels on it. Here's hoping it's in the march solicits next week.
    Bitter experience with DC, I'm afraid. After all, it took quite a bit in the modern run of JSA for Johns to put her back on the team, when she's one of the most important five members of the team, and probably the most important non original member. As for Deathstroke; it seems they simply dropped that. Nor do we know which Power Girl Spears found, or if it's the same one that been shown in group battle panels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Bitter experience with DC, I'm afraid. After all, it took quite a bit in the modern run of JSA for Johns to put her back on the team, when she's one of the most important five members of the team, and probably the most important non original member. As for Deathstroke; it seems they simply dropped that. Nor do we know which Power Girl Spears found, or if it's the same one that been shown in group battle panels.
    It took awhile because the first JSA Robinson/ John issues had Black Canary as the senior female member. There was no need for Karen yet.

It was only when Birds of Prey and Green Arrow writers needed her more did they decide Powergirl could be used instead of her because no one else wanted to use her, unlike Black Canary.

but now she’s synchronous with the modern team, even more so than she was in the 70s.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Does it not take place in the mainstream universe? How does this work? Does it take place in the future?
    King universe flash forward. I think it's Black Label but I doubt they'd go back on that if they ever publish Wayne again. There would be cries of erasure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It took awhile because the first JSA Robinson/ John issues had Black Canary as the senior female member. There was no need for Karen yet.

It was only when Birds of Prey and Green Arrow writers needed her more did they decide Powergirl could be used instead of her because no one else wanted to use her, unlike Black Canary.

but now she’s synchronous with the modern team, even more so than she was in the 70s.
    Actually, it was Johns' decision from his comments at the time on the DCU boards, and he was looking for validation, or at least in indication of demand, from his audience on the JSA forum on those boards. And let's face it, even way back then, in the 2000, PG was pretty much the most important name among the modern JSA members. As a JSAer, that is. Yet they chose not to use her initially.

Extraordinary Member

Actually, it was Johns' decision from his comments at the time on the DCU boards, and he was looking for validation, or at least in indication of demand, from his audience on the JSA forum on those boards. And let's face it, even way back then, in the 2000, PG was pretty much the most important name among the modern JSA members. As a JSAer, that is. Yet they chose not to use her initially.
    Comicbloc forums, right?

But I can see the team needed more experienced females. Courtney and Kendra were the youngest and least experienced on the team, minus Jakeem.

Karen was a good addition. I can see it being Geoff’s idea. What was Goyer’s opinion of her?

Incredible Member

As for Deathstroke; it seems they simply dropped that. Nor do we know which Power Girl Spears found, or if it's the same one that been shown in group battle panels.
    It just seems like obvious logical situation from connecting the dots. Why wouldn't it be the same Power Girl in Deathstroke and Doomsday Clock? Manhattan wanted to erase the JSA, and one of the things he did was stick Pre-flashpoint Karen in that prison dimension. When he undid his monkeying around to restore the JSA, he released her. Meanwhile, New 52 Earth 2 Karen was using a more Supergirl-esque costume and hair style in Earth 2:Society and doesn't really have any reason to try to return to the main Earth. Seems straightforward to me.

Extraordinary Member

Comicbloc forums, right?

But I can see the team needed more experienced females. Courtney and Kendra were the youngest and least experienced on the team, minus Jakeem.

Karen was a good addition. I can see it being Geoff’s idea. What was Goyer’s opinion of her?
    Actually, no, it was the old DCU message boards before they got rid of them.

Extraordinary Member

Comicbloc forums, right?

Don't know what Goyer thinks about her, but Johns didn't understand her, he said he didn't like her or get why others did. He was looking for her fans to tell him why and sell him on her. Which we did, though if that had any effect on his decision I can't say.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

DC and MARVEL need to make this happen.

SheHulkPowerGirl.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    DC and MARVEL need to make this happen.

SheHulkPowerGirl.jpg
    Well, Shulkie can't fly and probably isn't either as strong or as invulnerable. She also doesn't have heat vision or Kara's speed. But....she knows a headlock, and thus would win.

Well, Shulkie can't fly and probably isn't either as strong or as invulnerable. She also doesn't have heat vision or Kara's speed. But....she knows a headlock, and thus would win.
    No but she'd sue Karen for everything she's worth afterward and make her wish she lost.

DC Comics: Power Girl And Terra
    by
    JohnTazukura

So I just found out PG showed up with some regularity in Sovereign Seven. Anyone here have some experience with that book and is it worth looking up on DC Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So I just found out PG showed up with some regularity in Sovereign Seven. Anyone here have some experience with that book and is it worth looking up on DC Universe?
    It is a very easy acquisition as it only ran for two dozen or so issues and was quite quirky. It was written by Claremont with consistent artistic support. I recently got it on eBay with some Pre-Crisis Peege appearance

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No. It's hot garbage. It does PG no favors, and is Atlantean era PG. All she does of note is batter the Sovs a bit, and get shot in the face by Hitman, (which does nothing). She was put in near the middle of the series to boost sales.