Page 10 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Do we know if this is the "refugee from Earth 2" version of PG? We know that E-2 is back but does she? And is it the same E-2 she came from?
    Jimmy and Amanda's PG is... their PG. She's the same character they wrote about back in their series pre-Flashpoint. For all intents and purposes for the sake of this book (and her guest spots in Harley's books), she's the Supergirl of Pre-Crisis Earth-2. Member of the JSA, has a grumpy cat, friends with Atlee and begrudgingly Harley Quinn.

Any questions regarding continuity should be filed under "don't worry about it, they don't."

For in-continuity PG stuff, we've yet to really get any answers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Jimmy and Amanda's PG is... their PG. She's the same character they wrote about back in their series pre-Flashpoint. For all intents and purposes for the sake of this book (and her guest spots in Harley's books), she's the Supergirl of Pre-Crisis Earth-2. Member of the JSA, has a grumpy cat, friends with Atlee and begrudgingly Harley Quinn.

Any questions regarding continuity should be filed under "don't worry about it, they don't."

For in-continuity PG stuff, we've yet to really get any answers.
    Yeah, their using her is nice, but not really in continuity AFAIK. I'm waiting until the JSA makes it's real comeback with it's own title, and hopefully another solo for PG herself; she earned another look at one; hopefully this time with a bigger name creative team that has a real plan for her.

I think this should be in the Batman forums.

Astonishing Member

I don't like how whatever earth this is now, 0 or 1 lays claim to prime earth-2 real estate since COIE, JLI tried to nab Dr Fate, then Mr Terrific got taken over by his own title and now the Terrifics. Once the JSA is re-established I want them to have Dr. Fate, Power Girl and Mr. Terrific back on the roster because they are core to the JSA. The New Teen Titans aren't the same without Cyborg and the JSA wouldn't be the same without these three characters. As for Huntress there have been so many versions of that character having one of them on each earth isn't far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I don't like how whatever earth this is now, 0 or 1 lays claim to prime earth-2 real estate since COIE, JLI tried to nab Dr Fate, then Mr Terrific got taken over by his own title and now the Terrifics. Once the JSA is re-established I want them to have Dr. Fate, Power Girl and Mr. Terrific back on the roster because they are core to the JSA. The New Teen Titans aren't the same without Cyborg and the JSA wouldn't be the same without these three characters. As for Huntress there have been so many versions of that character having one of them on each earth isn't far fetched.
    Hey, you leave the Terrifics alone! That's a nice, fun book that never did nothing to nobody!

I agree though, the JSA without Fate, Karen, and Holt would feel weird. At least one set in the present day. If it's set in the past, then that changes things.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Hey, you leave the Terrifics alone! That's a nice, fun book that never did nothing to nobody!

I agree though, the JSA without Fate, Karen, and Holt would feel weird. At least one set in the present day. If it's set in the past, then that changes things.
    Here's a thought, why not have both? A present day JSA with those three among others, plus an All-Star Squadron title set back in the WWII and later day? With solo titles for the ones who might succeed at them. Obviously, PG, Stargirl, Holt, Fate, and Hawkman are among them, along with maybe minis for others.

I'm assuming we'll get plenty of legacy characters in 5G, and hopefully books to feature them all. So I figure we'll get Karen in some JSA-related book somewhere......

But I'll be honest, the more I hear about 5G, the less it makes sense to me.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

A modern JSA without Karen, Michael Holt, Courtney and the Big Four isn't really the JSA to me. I care a lot about the others, but I need those seven to really feel like it's the Justice Society.

A modern JSA without Karen, Michael Holt, Courtney and the Big Four isn't really the JSA to me. I care a lot about the others, but I need those seven to really feel like it's the Justice Society.
    Agreed.

But I'm not picky about where Karen shows up either. I'm not against her doing new things with new people. Did wonders (I think) for Holt; the Terrifics is a fantastic title and he'd never get to showcase like this in the JSA. So I'm not against Karen (or Courtney, for that matter) joining new teams. Put Karen in a Titans group with the other heroes her age, or let her join a League team, or whatever. The JSA wouldn't feel quite the same, but we can put new people in there too to make up for it. You tell me Uncle Sam wouldn't be a perfect, natural fit for the JSA and I'll call you a liar.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed.

But I'm not picky about where Karen shows up either. I'm not against her doing new things with new people. Did wonders (I think) for Holt; the Terrifics is a fantastic title and he'd never get to showcase like this in the JSA. So I'm not against Karen (or Courtney, for that matter) joining new teams. Put Karen in a Titans group with the other heroes her age, or let her join a League team, or whatever. The JSA wouldn't feel quite the same, but we can put new people in there too to make up for it. You tell me Uncle Sam wouldn't be a perfect, natural fit for the JSA and I'll call you a liar.
    I would add The Ray to the JSA. But as for PG, maybe with whatever form LEGION or REBELS take in 5G or whatever we're on now? For just a year or less, as a mini? And again I advocate for a WW/PG series.

Agreed.

My only reservation is that he'd be shortchanged because he can't be their elder statesman, no matter how much lip service there book pays him. It'd be Dinah leading the JLA again. Eventually that team's big four will just end up being the guys in charge.

He'd definitely fit in there, I just don't know how he'd get through Jay, Alan, Ted and Carter in the fans eyes enough to be considered the wise hero of yesteryear.

My only reservation is that he'd be shortchanged because he can't be their elder statesman, no matter how much lip service there book pays him. It'd be Dinah leading the JLA again. Eventually that team's big four will just end up being the guys in charge.

He'd definitely fit in there, I just don't know how he'd get through Jay, Alan, Ted and Carter in the fans eyes enough to be considered the wise hero of yesteryear.
    Who says Uncle Sam has to be *the* elder statesman? He's not a JSA staple and that'll hold him back with traditionalist fans, but he'd be a natural fit and I believe a lot of writers wouldn't be able to resist handling the spirit of America as a major player and big voice on the team. Maybe everyone would ultimately follow Allan or Jay, but that doesn't demean Sam. Hell in the recent Freedom Fighters series, he didn't wasn't even the guy calling the shots. The other Fighters were the ones making most of the plans, it was their revolution. Sam was just their figurehead. I don't think Sam has to be the guy in charge.

~ Black Panther.

Who says Uncle Sam has to be *the* elder statesman? He's not a JSA staple and that'll hold him back with traditionalist fans, but he'd be a natural fit and I believe a lot of writers wouldn't be able to resist handling the spirit of America as a major player and big voice on the team. Maybe everyone would ultimately follow Allan or Jay, but that doesn't demean Sam. Hell in the recent Freedom Fighters series, he didn't wasn't even the guy calling the shots. The other Fighters were the ones making most of the plans, it was their revolution. Sam was just their figurehead. I don't think Sam has to be the guy in charge.
    Fair point, but I don't think I can see Uncle Sam taking orders since he represents the Spirit of America and we were founded on the ideal that anyone not acting 100% in our interests isn't worth listening to and rebelling against authority. Granted, I can't see any of the big three doing something too far out of his purview, but I don't know. I think he'd be limited there? Even so, not against it.

Extraordinary Member

They should simply put Kara back as the JSA leader.