Page 15 of 56 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So. Team-up book. Who is the co-star?

No shipping edition. The relationship cannot go romantic/sexual. Please. The conversation keeps snaking back to shipping and it has grown tiresome.

Hard mode Not Atlee, Helena or Harley. Let's build a new team-up for PG.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

No shipping edition. The relationship cannot go romantic/sexual. Please. The conversation keeps snaking back to shipping and it has grown tiresome.

I'd lead with Wonder Woman in a kind of magic/science team up. Not a ship, and PG could actually benefit from being in a team up book with Diana.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'd lead with Wonder Woman in a kind of magic/science team up. Not a ship, and PG could actually benefit from being in a team up book with Diana.
    Diana would make a good candidate for such a scenario, Zee might also work where magic is involved. Zee and Karen each have a flamboyant nature so it would be interesting to see how they play off of each other, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

DC presents - Discarded
    Femme Fatales of the Multiverse

It all starts when Power Girl and Power Girl drifting into nothingness getting picked up by a strange ship (Ultima Thule) commanded by an slightly eerie/socially inept woman whom introduces herself as Ariella who is on a mission to save the multiverse from various breaches into each other. With them on board for what Ariella explains (to nobodys but the readers understanding) as necessary fourthwalling is a apparently non-meta but somewhat insane woman introducing as Duela Dent. They all have some really weird and twisted super-cosmic (merely cosmic is beneath them ) adventures ahead and all of them do have something personal on their own going on too; like Ariella who scorns the Spectre and seeks her Mother, Power Girl (Tanya) who is in a bit of an identity crisis because of Power Girl (Kara). Power Girl (Kara) who unwillingly slips into the level headed leader role but to all but herself is apparently very good at it and Duela who is a wild card; no one knows what happens next. 'cept maybe the readers if she tells them.

... sounds good? Title might need some working :P

Well I’m gonna try to go wholesome with this.

Superfamily(working title, maybe just Superboy and Powergirl)-
    Starring Powergirl and her other world nephew Jon Kent. Having made her way back to the universe with the rest of the JSA she’s surprised by the one thing in her life she thought she’d never see, the child of Clark and Lois Jon Kent, the latest Superboy. While not technically related because of earth 2 machinations, Superman still wants her to feel like family and Jonathan’s just excited to meet an aunt that he didn’t know he had.

While on adventures together maybe the son of tomorrow and the woman not of this world can come closer as a family.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Y'know...Supergirl would be kind of interesting. Like a big sister, little sister, dynamic even though they're technically the same person.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know...Supergirl would be kind of interesting. Like a big sister, little sister, dynamic even though they're technically the same person.
    Agreed, they would have an interesting dynamic for a writer(s) to explore.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Agreed, they would have an interesting dynamic for a writer(s) to explore.
    I'd rather they mostly stayed apart, since DC can't seem to stop jobbing PG to make SG look better. As for Tanya Spears, no, just no. If you must keep Mary Sue, give her a new name and separate her from Kara completely. Leave the nu52 entirely behind for PG.

Maxima maybe? Better yet, Vril Dox or Lobo, people she isn't necessarily even sort of friendly toward and won't like at all.

Or how about an oddball one, Darkseid? It would have worked better earlier I know, but still, putting her together with someone who could and absolutely would hurt her, in order to accomplish something neither can do alone with both knowing he'll betray her the first chance he gets....but with PG much less of a walkover than his usual might work. For a mini. Done right, it could be one of those good stories she needs.

Also, why not pick up that old Supergirl storyline which also promised to be one of those stories she needed wherein PG fought a war throughout time with Saturn Queen and her flunkies like Ultraman sort of for the soul of SG....involves Supergirl without making her the major player, and gives her a nice time travel story? I can see Booster accompanying her, making it a duo title.

I'd rather they mostly stayed apart, since DC can't seem to stop jobbing PG to make SG look better. As for Tanya Spears, no, just no. If you must keep Mary Sue, give her a new name and separate her from Kara completely. Leave the nu52 entirely behind for PG.

Maxima maybe? Better yet, Vril Dox or Lobo, people she isn't necessarily even sort of friendly toward and won't like at all.

Or how about an oddball one, Darkseid? It would have worked better earlier I know, but still, putting her together with someone who could and absolutely would hurt her, in order to accomplish something neither can do alone with both knowing he'll betray her the first chance he gets....but with PG much less of a walkover than his usual might work. For a mini. Done right, it could be one of those good stories she needs.

Also, why not pick up that old Supergirl storyline which also promised to be one of those stories she needed wherein PG fought a war throughout time with Saturn Queen and her flunkies like Ultraman sort of for the soul of SG....involves Supergirl without making her the major player, and gives her a nice time travel story? I can see Booster accompanying her, making it a duo title.
    Kind of where I imagine my suggestion above would evolve over time. Only that Kara (... PG) takes more of a mentoring role. Tanya would become someone else; something else. She will become the <fill out the blanks>! A heroine on her own.

Black Canary and Vixen as the new BoP.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Extraordinary Member

I could see Kara and Adam Strange---she ought to be participating in stories like that as a sci-fi origin character who really has rarely been used in those sorts of settings even though she should be. Ditto with Captain Comet. I'd also like to see her paired with Fire and Ice more often; they really barely have met on panel compared to others Kara knows better. And also with Dinah---it'd be interesting to see how the dynamic between them would differ from Dinah's relationship with Diana.

And of course, I'd love to see her on a longer form mystery story with Bruce; with enough OP bosses in sight to require her instead of just him.

Also on tap would be Kara and Alan, or her and Jay, or even Dr. Fate, (I prefer Kent or Inza), perhaps set in places like Skartaris, Gemworld, or Fate's tower. Depending on how you write them, any of those could be either ongoing titles or minis. Given reality, most of them, with perhaps Diana and Kara the exception, would be minis or one-shots.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Kind of where I imagine my suggestion above would evolve over time. Only that Kara (... PG) takes more of a mentoring role. Tanya would become someone else; something else. She will become the <fill out the blanks>! A heroine on her own.
    Don't know, given that my perception was that the Spears character was created not to compliment Kara, but to replace her; I'd rather see any interaction between the two be kept to a minimum.

I agree; Tanya doesn't seem to really fit with Karen very well.

It'd be a shame to throw away a black female character, especially one with roots in STEM; gods know DC needs more people of color. But I'd like to move Tanya away from Karen completely. Have Tanya change her codename to something original that belongs to her, put her on Young Justice or Teen Titans or where the hell ever, and let her develop as her own character.

At most, treat it like Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel (except for the similar codenames). Say that Karen inspired Tanya to become a hero, and they're friendly when they run into each other but otherwise don't really hang out much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Don't know, given that my perception was that the Spears character was created not to compliment Kara, but to replace her; I'd rather see any interaction between the two be kept to a minimum.
    Yes, she was (...at least that my assumption too). Now its time to accept she does not and find a new unique place for herself. That would be her personal story arc in that idea. A respectful transition while at the same time showing that both characters can share a universe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Yes, she was (...at least that my assumption too). Now its time to accept she does not and find a new unique place for herself. That would be her personal story arc in that idea. A respectful transition while at the same time showing that both characters can share a universe.
    My preference is just to pretend all the never happened. Give Spears a retcon to that effect. The reason being that Spears belongs to the nu52, and would recall that version of PG, which is an abomination who should simply be forgotten. My preference is to revert to the pre Flashpoint PG just after we left her in her own title. Just pretend Spear got her powers from a radioactive spider bite or something. After a couple of years, no one will remember anyway; her nu52 origin was so forgettable.

Then again, I could be appeased by simply going back to that Deathstroke thing and having Spears help rescue, (and that's another problem I have, PG AGAIN needing rescue), the version of PG I like instead of the nu52 version who remains happily in comic book limbo. That would do the trick. Then they could do what you propose and I would be perfectly fine with it.
    Last edited by achilles; 03-10-2020 at 03:02 PM.