Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I would personally love it if Karen showed up in Stargirl, though personally I kind of want Stargirl to basically be the new JSA/Infinity Inc show.

However if that happens I imagine it’d be kind of weird if they actually do a crossover with the Arrowverse, we would be ironically seeing an interaction where Karen would meet Kara who may be more experienced then her assuming that she would not be on the original JSA that fought the injustice society.
    I know it airs on the CW, but I really want Stargirl divorced from that network. Black Lightning is the only watchable thing on it. Nevertheless, I too want it to become a stealth Justice Society show with Courtney as the focus. She's an excellent PoV character for not just the JSA, but larger DCU as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I know it airs on the CW, but I really want Stargirl divorced from that network. Black Lightning is the only watchable thing on it. Nevertheless, I too want it to become a stealth Justice Society show with Courtney as the focus. She's an excellent PoV character for not just the JSA, but larger DCU as a whole.
    I think that may be hard to separate. It’s already tied in thanks to Crisis on Infinite earths and they’re already talking crossovers with either Flash or Supergirl. I know it’s quality is subjective at time, although I like them all overall, but currently the CW Arrowverse shows are successful and has an audience that I can see them wanting to take advantage of. But we will have to wait and see.

Other then that I totally agree about Stargirl as a POV character and stealth JSA show.
    Last edited by sifighter; 05-16-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think that may be hard to separate. It’s already tied in thanks to Crisis on Infinite earths and they’re already talking crossovers with either Flash or Supergirl. I know it’s quality is subjective at time, although I like them all overall, but currently the CW Arrowverse shows are successful and has an audience that I can see them wanting to take advantage of. But we will have to wait and see.

Other then that I totally agree about Stargirl as a POV character and stealth JSA show.
    The movies are tied in thanks to CoIE too and they're unlikely to cross over again. The CW shows bore me to tears so the further we get from them the better.

I'd love to see Power Girl be added on the CW Supergirl show for sure, done right of course.

The movies are tied in thanks to CoIE too and they're unlikely to cross over again. The CW shows bore me to tears so the further we get from them the better.
    Again I say it’s all subjective, so I’m not gonna argue for them if people don’t like them. However while the movies were a good cameo, the Stargirl show kind of has a stronger claim to come back. Not only is it established in the new multiverse and is the new earth 2, which is something was pretty big in the Arrowverse shows especially the Flash. The fact that it also shows on CW and they’ve talked about crossovers makes me think that it’s likely to happen.

Whether Karen will show up depends on how deep they want to go into JSA/Earth 2 history I think. In a recent interview Geoff Johns did say that this version of the JSA has been around since the 40’s like original team history, so maybe in this universe Karen either exists or she’s arrives.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorkrypton View Post
    I'd love to see Power Girl be added on the CW Supergirl show for sure, done right of course.
    Considering how Superman appears on that show to lose and smile about it to prop up Kara, I don't think Karen will fare much better. I don't have faith the CW can do Power Girl well, especially since they screwed up Black Canary three times.

Extraordinary Member

Considering how Superman appears on that show to lose and smile about it to prop up Kara, I don't think Karen will fare much better. I don't have faith the CW can do Power Girl well, especially since they screwed up Black Canary three times.
    Yeah, I'm fine with her not appearing in SG for that reason, or indeed in any of the extant CW shows. I'd rather see her in Stargirl or DP.

I never said she should be in Supergirl, I only said that there is a likely chance the Stargirl show will crossover with Flash or Supergirl and if Powergirl is in Stargirl then it will be an odd meeting between Supergirl and Powergirl.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

I never said she should be in Supergirl, I only said that there is a likely chance the Stargirl show will crossover with Flash or Supergirl and if Powergirl is in Stargirl then it will be an odd meeting between Supergirl and Powergirl.
    Sure, fine, works for me! An HBO MAX solo series would work even better...hint, WB, hint...

I don't want to see them do a live-action Power Girl unless they're willing to deliver on the boob window.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't want to see them do a live-action Power Girl unless they're willing to deliver on the boob window.
    I can give up the boob window. I've seen far fewer complaints about the scoop neck she rocked back in the day. Even a white leotard I'd be fine with.

I just want her to be a cool, competent older Supergirl who takes shit from nobody and has more than a little sass. And for God's sake, don't mistake her not swooning over men as misandry or latent interest in women. She has no time for fools, that's all it's about.

If she's not rocking boob window or like six foot with a lot of muscle, I can live with it. I just want her character to translate to screen accurately.

Considering the CW struggles the hardest with that (Ollie is Batman, let's not start on Dinah, etc), they're the last people who should approach Power Girl.

Extraordinary Member

Outside of cosplayers, it will be a struggle to get a legitimate actress to play her with the boob window.

There's also the question of if any actress would even want to play Power Girl given her reputation outside comic book circles. It's not the type of role you take if you want people to take you seriously as actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's also the question of if any actress would even want to play Power Girl given her reputation outside comic book circles. It's not the type of role you take if you want people to take you seriously as actor.
    I think she has more of a reputation within comic circles then outside of it, so an actress would probably be coming in fresh to the role, and if she was depicted as strongly as she is in the comics I don't see anything they would object too (unless it's the boob window).

I think she has more of a reputation within comic circles then outside of it, so an actress would probably be coming in fresh to the role, and if she was depicted as strongly as she is in the comics I don't see anything they would object too (unless it's the boob window).
    Yeah I didn't think anyone really knew Karen outside of our community. I mean, what has she ever appeared in for the general public to know her? Off the top of my head there's the JLU cartoon, which was Karen in appearance only, and an alt skin for Supergirl in Injustice 2, where she's no more sexualized or ridiculous than anyone else and her voice lines provide a clear and strong voice for her personality (insofar as voice lines in a fighting game can do that, anyway).

I mean, the biggest impact Karen seems to have had on the general public is some cosplay that tries too hard to be sexy, and probably some inappropriate art on Deviantart.....and you'll find all of that for any character.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.