Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Yes. They gave her the most unnecessary complex origin on the planet for no reason.
    It did accomplish one crucial thing that retconning her to be a Daxamite wouldn't have; keep her around as an active character for many years until she reverted back to her first origin. It was a move that basically saved her.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Anyone have any thoughts on Divine?
    Wish she had had more airtime. The first sucessful kryptonian clone? Gimme more.
    Change her name to Galatea and give her her costume. Keep the black hair.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

But yeah, she deserves a comeback. Maybe do a book with her Karen and Tanya.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    But yeah, she deserves a comeback. Maybe do a book with her Karen and Tanya.
    No. Absolutely not! I have no problem with Divine that couldn't be solved by...er...retconning her a bit so that someone a bit worse than Max Lord has her made, and so that she's called Galatea instead of Divine, which has me thinking she's a drag queen. But Tanya Spears, a Mary Sue created for the sole reason of allowing DC to kill off the last vestige of the classic character and replacing her with a minority character without any problematic associations with other universes or with Superman and Supergirl, which DC thinks the classic PG has, (evidently they're incapable of simply retconning her slightly to avoid those problems...and DC indeed seems to think they are problems), well, I'd prefer she stay as far away from PG as possible. Actually, I'd prefer she try to fight Superman Prime and get a Prime special and then be consigned to the dustbin of comic book history.

DC has long viewed PG with suspicion and disdain, and I don't want them to put that plan into place, so...just drop Tanya Spears and actually try the next time they want to build a new character...and don't do so by offing an existing character DC likes less.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Give her a grander origin than Max Lord's flunky, and call her Galatea, as in JLU the animated series, and she'd be fine.
    Why Galatea if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why Galatea if I may ask?
    Due to the character on Justice League Unlimited. D2TWXFlWkAUfHOw.jpeg

No. Absolutely not! I have no problem with Divine that couldn't be solved by...er...retconning her a bit so that someone a bit worse than Max Lord has her made, and so that she's called Galatea instead of Divine, which has me thinking she's a drag queen. But Tanya Spears, a Mary Sue created for the sole reason of allowing DC to kill off the last vestige of the classic character and replacing her with a minority character without any problematic associations with other universes or with Superman and Supergirl, which DC thinks the classic PG has, (evidently they're incapable of simply retconning her slightly to avoid those problems...and DC indeed seems to think they are problems), well, I'd prefer she stay as far away from PG as possible. Actually, I'd prefer she try to fight Superman Prime and get a Prime special and then be consigned to the dustbin of comic book history.

DC has long viewed PG with suspicion and disdain, and I don't want them to put that plan into place, so...just drop Tanya Spears and actually try the next time they want to build a new character...and don't do so by offing an existing character DC likes less.
    Ok, then. No Tanya...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Due to the character on Justice League Unlimited. D2TWXFlWkAUfHOw.jpeg
    Who in this case was the evil clone of Supergirl. Actually, they went a bit farther than that and hinted at Hamilton's regret when he finally realizes what he's done...but that never led to anything. So it's both a nod to that, and a little less weird than "Divine", which has other connotations.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Now especially, it would be incredibly tone deaf to bring in an African American character to get used as cannon fodder and discarded. Tanya can work fine. She just needs to be allowed to grow into her own hero and lose the Power Girl moniker, which should never be a legacy title to begin with.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Now especially, it would be incredibly tone deaf to bring in an African American character to get used as cannon fodder and discarded. Tanya can work fine. She just needs to be allowed to grow into her own hero and lose the Power Girl moniker, which should never be a legacy title to begin with.
    They must then completely retcon her, pretending anything to do with Power Girl is gone, replaced by whatever. And just to be safe, never put them in the same title at the same time. They need to do this explicitly, on Spears' end, in whatever title she winds up being in. Whatever, it must be done so as to prevent DC from using Spears as an excuse to get rid of PG.

Extraordinary Member

But what if Karen changed her name to Power Woman?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-11-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What what if Karen changed name to Power Woman?
    Doens't quite roll off the tongue as well...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hey... PG has always been from Earth-2 right? In the DC new timeline draft, classic JSA is on the same earth, so how do you think they're gonna handle PG? Use the New 52 Earth-2 as this timeline's Earth-2?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What what if Karen changed name to Power Woman?
    Yeah, I see no need to change. It's not like Clark goes by Supersenior when he hits 65.

PG shouldn't be a legacy title nor the start of a franchise; she's a character and everything about her is so specific that, frankly, a legacy doesn't work.

And as Frontier said, it really sounds wonky.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Hey... PG has always been from Earth-2 right? In the DC new timeline draft, classic JSA is on the same earth, so how do you think they're gonna handle PG? Use the New 52 Earth-2 as this timeline's Earth-2?
    Are they now supposed to be from the main Earth, or from an Earth 2 of some sort, and just sort of travelled? I'd be all in favor of having them all, including PG, as being from the main DCU Earth. It's not like they ever really did anything with the Earth 2 thing once they were settled on the main Earth pre Flashpoint. It literally made no difference to their stories, just to how DC viewed them.