Page 37 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think you may be forgetting just how fractured the team was following their split into Justice Society of America and All-Stars with Magog going full heel somewhere in the middle of all that. If we're cherry-picking iterations, it'd probably be best to get a team six months out from when Geoff left the book so you can trim the characters you don't need (Ted's son, Wildcat III for example) to reduce the team size or add some extra diversity/give other characters a chance to shine (Yolanda, Wildcat II for example).

A mini establishing some of the breakouts would be solid, but can you imagine a mini for each member of DC's biggest team short of Legion? The rollout would never end! Not that I'm complaining, I'd buy most of them.
    Yep, I'm good with all that. As for minis, I was thinking the most major members only. You'd have a Doc Fate one, Alan, Jay, Ted Grant, not Carter since he's always getting series, Kara, Doc Midnite, Hourman, Sandman. Stargirl doesn't need one, Maxine would need more focus in the main series first. No one else need apply as yet since it wouldn't happen. Honestly, you could even leave Midnite, Hourman, and Sandman off the list. Or Doctor Fate, depending on what DC's doing with which Doctor at the time. But Alan, Jay, Ted, and Kara could all use either a retell of their origin so modern audiences can see it, or a first tell in the case of PG.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So just checking.

JSA Powergirl and new 52 Earth-2 Powergirl are two different people with two different memories?

So JSA Powergirl did not get her memory wipe from Flashpoint and become New 52 Powergirl?
    Correct, they are two separate characters-----IF by JSA Power Girl you mean pre-Flashpoint JSA Power Girl, as to the one in the currentish stories, we don't know. There were other versions of Power Girl as well, but I have no idea if they're still around.

Extraordinary Member

Wow, try searching DC's own site for Power Girl....and find nothing apart from old trades. She has no character bio spot on their site, though many other far more marginal characters do. I guess that shows they have absolutely no plans for her...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Wow, try searching DC's own site for Power Girl....and find nothing apart from old trades. She has no character bio spot on their site, though many other far more marginal characters do. I guess that shows they have absolutely no plans for her...
    For what it's worth, she was one of the first characters to have an encyclopedia entry on DC Universe and it was 99% about Karen. They have no new product coming with Karen, so it makes some sense why they haven't allocated resources on the main site which is about advertising product. Sucks, but I get it. Their fan-engagement portal, though? She was front-and-center at the start for people who wanted to learn more.

I only found out because I generally like reading those entries, so yeah.

Extraordinary Member

I was going to post the cover to Earth 2 World's End #24, which has one of the better Power Girl covers out there, with Darkseid looming over her, but...I just can't find it online. Ditto most of the other great PG covers.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Found the cover for you, Achilles.

Earth2WorldsEnd24.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Found the cover for you, Achilles.

Earth2WorldsEnd24.jpg
    Awesome! Thanks. IMO, that is the best "peril" cover I've seen for PG. I'll give her this, she has been in some pretty good covers and variants over the years. As well of course as a few infamous covers...

Chapter Twenty of my DC/Dragon Ball Z crossover which features a fusion of Power Girl (and Chi Chi) is posted. Check it out, if so inclined. -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1294361...n-Wife-of-Goku

Enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Not a good clone of her. That for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    Wish she had had more airtime. The first sucessful kryptonian clone? Gimme more.
    Change her name to Galatea and give her her costume. Keep the black hair.

BANNED

Aside from Earth 2 and the Power Girl series by Conner and Palmiotti. What is the essential reading for Power Girl? She is the only Superfamily that I never touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Aside from Earth 2 and the Power Girl series by Conner and Palmiotti. What is the essential reading for Power Girl? She is the only Superfamily that I never touch.
    This one maybe: https://www.amazon.com/All-Star-Comi...dp/1779500718/

It collects the era/issues which introduces her (and the original Huntress) for the first time in DC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Essential? Most of the JLE run, along with some issues of JLI and JLA from the same era. That, and her original appearances in All-Star Comics, and yeah, the JSA trades after she made her reappearance with the team. The Johns' trade Power Girl has something from each of her eras, prior to Flashpoint. Personally, from a standpoint of what's important to Power Girl, I'd ignore the nu52. That was a different Power Girl than the classic version, and much, much worse.

Everyone’s made great suggestions so far, my personal favorite is All-Star comics and the JSA though I would throw some Infinity inc in there. Personally besides what else people have suggested I would say Infinite Crisis and her story arc in JSA: Classified because those stories were the return of her pre-crisis origin as Earth-2 Superman’s Cousin.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Everyone’s made great suggestions so far, my personal favorite is All-Star comics and the JSA though I would throw some Infinity inc in there. Personally besides what else people have suggested I would say Infinite Crisis and her story arc in JSA: Classified because those stories were the return of her pre-crisis origin as Earth-2 Superman’s Cousin.
    The problem with Infinite Crisis from PG's point of view is that she was a victim in the entire thing; pretty much the antithesis of her normal character. If it were me, I'd just jump in after IC, knowing just that her original origin was restored. That's all you need from IC with respect to PG. Especially given that her cousin was brought back just to disrespectfully have him get punked by Prime. And PG basically did nothing the entire time save act out of character.

The Classified arc is reprinted along with stories from her different eras in the Johns trade on it; Power Girl. As it gives her origin stories, such as they are, and her various eras in order, it's probably the best place to start with the character. Her first appearance is there, some of the Atlantean era, the JLE era IIRC, and the Johns Classified reboot.

Beyond that, if it's traded, her Warlord appearances are interesting, as is her Sovereign Seven oddball appearance, though neither really helps to understand her character.
    Last edited by achilles; 09-07-2020 at 08:06 AM.

For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah