Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    These "Tales of the Dark Multiverse" stories are crap. Who wants to watch heroes fail? That's all they are. I thought about getting this just because it has E-2 Superman in it but ugh! If these were positive what if stories that might be different.
    Just consider them Elseworlds or What IFs, because that’s essentially what they are.

Gruesome deaths would happen in Elseworlds and What IFs all the time.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

https://twitter.com/jpalmiotti/statu...81947534790657

Looks like she comes back in issue #4. Jimmy has stated that he feels really protective of Karen and would be down to write her or Jonah Hex again. I love him on Jonah, and love or hate it, he's one of the few people who really doesn't want to let PG fade into obscurity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    https://twitter.com/jpalmiotti/statu...81947534790657

Looks like she comes back in issue #4. Jimmy has stated that he feels really protective of Karen and would be down to write her or Jonah Hex again. I love him on Jonah, and love or hate it, he's one of the few people who really doesn't want to let PG fade into obscurity.
    Sigh. I suppose I should be grateful for that crumb, but honestly, I'd prefer it if PG never met Harley again. And if those guys didn't use her again. But...as you say, he's one of the few people who may have even the slightest say in the matter who sort of keeps her alive. Why is it always the ones I like the least in the role who act as a sort of patron for PG with DC? Johns, with his whiny, useless PG at least kept her alive and going, even kicking it up a notch, and Jimmy and Amanda, who just make her a comic....sidekick for a character she has no business talking too, are probably the only ones with anything for her at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Sigh. I suppose I should be grateful for that crumb, but honestly, I'd prefer it if PG never met Harley again. And if those guys didn't use her again. But...as you say, he's one of the few people who may have even the slightest say in the matter who sort of keeps her alive. Why is it always the ones I like the least in the role who act as a sort of patron for PG with DC? Johns, with his whiny, useless PG at least kept her alive and going, even kicking it up a notch, and Jimmy and Amanda, who just make her a comic....sidekick for a character she has no business talking too, are probably the only ones with anything for her at DC.
    Yeah, I'll be glad if Harley and PG never meet again, but I'm pretty sure they're going to be friends from now on. :/

Incredible Member

So apparently we got tid bit of info on Karen from the PKJ interview. It's not much and not a definite but it's something.
    * Asked about Power Girl he noted that while he doesn't have plans for her, she'd theoretically fit well in the event so it's not impossible she could show up.
    I personally don't want to get his Superman for other reasons I've made known, but hearing about the possibility of Karen getting some use is still nice to hear. I hope she's also in the JSA relaunch that's coming judging from the Alan and Courtney stories in the Infinite Frontier special. She did return with the JSA in Doomsday Clock so she should be in the JSA book and available for guest appearance elsewhere.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    So apparently we got tid bit of info on Karen from the PKJ interview. It's not much and not a definite but it's something.

I personally don't want to get his Superman for other reasons I've made known, but hearing about the possibility of Karen getting some use is still nice to hear. I hope she's also in the JSA relaunch that's coming judging from the Alan and Courtney stories in the Infinite Frontier special. She did return with the JSA in Doomsday Clock so she should be in the JSA book and available for guest appearance elsewhere.
    I will probably kick myself for asking this, but who is PKJ, and what event is he talking about? Also, I'd not that "showing up" is all PG has done for the majority of her publishing years. It gets tiresome when that's all her fans can hope for.

Incredible Member

I will probably kick myself for asking this, but who is PKJ, and what event is he talking about? Also, I'd not that "showing up" is all PG has done for the majority of her publishing years. It gets tiresome when that's all her fans can hope for.
    Philip Kennedy Johnson. He's the new writer for both Superman and Action Comics next year. At some point there's going to be a big Superman event. I'm unhappy with the fact he intends to keep Bendis's age up of Jon instead of reversing it, but I rather not bring that up in this thread as I've talked about it enough in other ones and it's not really relevant to Karen possibly appearing.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 12-22-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Why is it always the ones I like the least in the role who act as a sort of patron for PG with DC?
    Because I don't work there.

If I did, well, you might not like what I'd do with Karen but she'd at least be treated with the respect she's due.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think it's just a case of Johns being the high profile creator who used her and Jimmy/Amanda being the team who just plain love her too much to give up... Though I'm really tired of their take with Harley acting like Pepe Le Pew trying to sexually harass PG into submission. It seriously needs to stop. I love those two, but that in particular needs a rest. It would be even worse if Harley got what she wanted, but so far at least PG has just not given her that time of day.

I'm curious, though, which take on PG is your preferred one? I don't recall a specific run or creator you've mentioned that you really loved her in and yet you're probably the most passionate PG fan I know.

Like Ascended, I think you wouldn't love my take on PG (equally parts sass and stern, depending on the situation, with sombre moments where she has to reconcile her pasts and present). Probably a halfway point between Johns and Jimmy/Amanda, with a tone more around where Nightwing's at when he's written as a superhero and not as a huge ass with bad jokes caught between two redheads... aaaand I'd probably hook her up with Pieter Cross because I need to make absolutely sure everyone hates my book.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-23-2020 at 12:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think it's just a case of Johns being the high profile creator who used her and Jimmy/Amanda being the team who just plain love her too much to give up... Though I'm really tired of their take with Harley acting like Pepe Le Pew trying to sexually harass PG into submission. It seriously needs to stop. I love those two, but that in particular needs a rest. It would be even worse if Harley got what she wanted, but so far at least PG has just not given her that time of day.

I'm curious, though, which take on PG is your preferred one? I don't recall a specific run or creator you've mentioned that you really loved her in and yet you're probably the most passionate PG fan I know.

Like Ascended, I think you wouldn't love my take on PG (equally parts sass and stern, depending on the situation, with sombre moments where she has to reconcile her pasts and present). Probably a halfway point between Johns and Jimmy/Amanda, with a tone more around where Nightwing's at when he's written as a superhero and not as a huge ass with bad jokes caught between two redheads... aaaand I'd probably hook her up with Pieter Cross because I need to make absolutely sure everyone hates my book.
    There hasn't yet been a PG story that I totally liked, but I have some preferences. Gail Simone treated her with respect, and got some of her brashness. There must have been a huge temptation for her to just have her job to Wonder Woman, whose book it was and who obviously is the far more famous and important character, but she didn't. That gets points from me. Also, Eric Trautmann got some of her right in JSA vs Kobra. But it was after all a Mr. Terrific book more than anything, so she didn't have the focus. Giffen and DeMatteis gave her the funny she's known for, and IMO did a good job, but again, she was really never the focus, and it's hard to tell how they would have written a book with her as the star. I wouldn't want funny PG all the time; I like variety. Both runs of her own title were okay as far as I am concerned, just not the great stuff I was hoping for. I mean, Jimmy and Amanda's initial pitch outlined on Old Rama, which was a wild, Silver Age type thing, and which they just completely ditched, sounded trippy and fun, was something I'd have liked to see, (time traveling Neanderthals, haunted music, and other ideas),

For me, the real goal is someone and some pitch I haven't heard of yet. But hope springs eternal, and some day, PG will get her just due. From someone. And don't think I wouldn't like something like your proposal---the concept sounds pretty good to me.
    Last edited by achilles; 12-23-2020 at 02:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Because I don't work there.

If I did, well, you might not like what I'd do with Karen but she'd at least be treated with the respect she's due.
    I'm okay with other takes on her so long as they don't completely alter the character, which I doubt you'd do. And...you kind of nailed the key word there for me with respect to Power Girl....respect. My feeling is that she hasn't gotten a lot of that from DC, and I would be happy to see her get that respect.

I kinda wish PG was there in Death Metal Origin. Considering she probably hates Prime as much as Conner

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I kinda wish PG was there in Death Metal Origin. Considering she probably hates Prime as much as Conner
    IMO he should have been a shared part of both of their rogue's galleries. "Their" special bad guy. Oh, well, just another missed opportunity with PG.

IMO he should have been a shared part of both of their rogue's galleries. "Their" special bad guy. Oh, well, just another missed opportunity with PG.
    It doubles as a missed opportunity to screw her up! Come on, man. Silver linings. :P

Extraordinary Member

It doubles as a missed opportunity to screw her up! Come on, man. Silver linings. :P
    Good point!