Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Golden Age Omnibus 7!

Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7 Nov 10, 2020 | 816 Pages
    The Golden Age of Superman tales are collected for the first time in their entirety in this oversize omnibus series, continuing with stories from the early 1950s in Superman: The Golden Age Omnibus Vol. 7.
    As the 1950s began, the Man of Tomorrow was faced with new dangers big and small! In these stories that are reprinted here for the first time, Lex Luthor invents a device that banishes Superman to the fourth dimension, while Mr. Mxyztplk makes the entire city of Metropolis forget that their hero ever existed. Plus, Superman becomes a super-cowboy and meets a mighty caveman who was frozen in an iceberg. This new hardcover collects the Metropolis Wonder's tales from Action Comics #125-143, Superman #55-65, and World's Finest Comics #37-47.
    For me this is a good, practical end for the GA. If only because it ends in the 50s with a story retconning Lois as beginning her journalism career based on her crush on Superman. It'd be nice of them to reprint further, but I dunno how popular these are and there are so many different, crowd pleasing spans barely touched. I'd love the Bronze Age and a wrap up of the GA newspaper runs.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Golden Age Omnibus 7!

For me this is a good, practical end for the GA. If only because it ends in the 50s with a story retconning Lois as beginning her journalism career based on her crush on Superman. It'd be nice of them to reprint further, but I dunno how popular these are and there are so many different, crowd pleasing spans barely touched. I'd love the Bronze Age and a wrap up of the GA newspaper runs.
    According to Didio, the trades of old comics were outselling their new comics so it's a safe bet DC is still going to release the omnibuses.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's reassuring. Aside from Boring being in his prime (imo) around these years I really liked the plot twists, the power level, and a lot of exchanges with Lois. I feel like having Superman #53 in volume 6 really gets completed by this one collecting #61.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"ACTION COMICS #1024
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by FRANK CHO
    The city of Metropolis has been rocked by Luthor’s latest attack and the drama surrounding Superman’s truth, and that gives the invisible mafia a new foothold to change the City of Tomorrow forever. Meanwhile, the Daily Planet is under siege! The fallout from Superman: Villains continues as Clark Kent steps out into the world as a reporter for the first time."

He can still be a reporter? The knowledge that a reporter has a super-hearing and x-ray vision sounds like it's gonna invite some accusations or lawsuits about breach of privacy... on the other hand, the good people who want truth may support it because they know it's Superman...

Astonishing Member

I think as long as he has additional sources and triple checks everything, there'd be no room to accuse him of anything suspect. Or rather that those accusations wouldn't amount to anything serious because he actually did his job much like any dedicated reporter. I'm pretty sure he doesn't eaves drop on people for the soul purpose of catching them in the act. That would be spying and that's not something Clark does even with his super hearing. Superman listens out for calls of distress, someone who needs his immediate attention and help.

What's going to be weird is people separating Clark the reporter from Superman the hero. He clearly does it but i can see how improbable this appears to other reporters. We've already seen that with the one reporter at the Daily Star talking about that one save that Clark never even bothered to write about. Clark can definitely still be a reporter but it will not stop people questioning his integrity as one. Now if Clark was purposefully using his abilities to get ahead of everyone, then any calls for him to quit would be justified

Very nice. I love that Superman said it.

Source: https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/st...05035529236481

As Superman fan this disappoints me a lot :

https://www.cbr.com/legion-of-super-...true-superman/

seriously? Clark Kent is the TRUE and ORIGINAL SUPERMAN. WHAT IS MAKING BENDIS in that comic? First I end shocked to see him putting Damian here to humiliate him and now this? This kid was created few years ago and now is called true superman?

Is like say that BRUCE is not THE TRUE BATMAN

THIS IS THE KIND OF THINGS THAT MADE PART OF MARVEL FANBASE HATE HIM AND BE HAPPY TO SEE HIM LEAVING MARVEL?
    Last edited by adrikito; 03-31-2020 at 06:37 AM.

mind blown. A tweet and picture from Neil deGrasse Tyson about Superman and Smallville High!

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status...58139993133063

"Not that anybody asked, but Superman's Krypton home star system is LHS-2520, an actual red dwarf star in the southern constellation of Corvus, The Crow. But also, a Crow is the Mascot of Smallville High."

I loved Ma Kent's reaction! He does look so handsome always in his costume.

From "Man and Superman" comic.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I loved Ma Kent's reaction! He does look so handsome always in his costume.

From "Man and Superman" comic.

Yeah! I don't particularly like ma and pa being fine about their kid being a vigilante. I can understand superman is fantasy. But, there should be some emotional connection . If this was just them gifting a strongman suit for clark because of his affinities. Then it's understandable . Otherwise, It's basically bogus writing.

I liked this.

This 75th anniversary video included Darkseid.

Zack Snyder did this, right? Guess he think Darky is one of Superman's villains.

David Corenswet as Superman. That's his own hair.

He's on The Politician and Hollywood at Netflix. I haven't seen them but many say he's great in them. I think he looks great as Supes and is very tall.

Jack Kirby on Superman. :')

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    This 75th anniversary video included Darkseid.

Zack Snyder did this, right? Guess he think Darky is one of Superman's villains.

Still surprised Lex Luthor didn't get a cameo in it anywhere.