Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default DCEU Superman Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the DCEU Man of Steel, Superman!

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Mighty Member

If DCEU Superman and New 52/Pre-Rebirth Superman met, I'm thinking they might be suspicious of each other and feel awkward of the other (or at least one of the Supes would be), but after a while, they might become fast friends.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I can't unsee it. 😂

Well, here's a bit of a rambling story for you guys.

My best buddy has a coworker who was childhood friends with Zack Snyder. She's still in touch with Snyder, to the extent that I knew Snyder was going to wear a Luke Skywalker costume for Halloween 2017 before the pictures became public. When my friend had mentioned that she was going to visit Snyder over the holiday season to watch The Rise of Skywalker, I made a joke about wanting to boost my rep on these CBR Forums so he should ask her to get some insider info from Snyder. Well, apparently my friend actually relayed that message. Sadly, I have no such info to share with you guys, but I did get this:

Snyder.jpg

Pretty cool of Snyder to do this, and especially so if his friend relayed the message that I only liked Man of Steel of his main three DC movies. Maybe I should've pre-emptively sent a picture of myself and #ReleaseTheSnyderCut I could've gotten the rep-boosting info I was looking for.

I dedicate this to the good folks here on CBR, since I ended up receiving the thoughtful autograph by trying to seek y'all's approval.

P.S. My name isn't "Jaj"; that's just my friend's punking me by asking Zack Snyder it to sign it to "Jaj."
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 01-14-2020 at 04:00 PM.

You get Cavill as Superman, whoever played Yennifer as Lois, whoever played Dandelion/Jaffier as Jimmy, and maybe Allan as Kara, and you might have something interesting going there.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Well, here's a bit of a rambling story for you guys.

My best buddy has a coworker who was childhood friends with Zack Snyder. She's still in touch with Snyder, to the extent that I knew Snyder was going to wear a Luke Skywalker costume for Halloween 2017 before the pictures became public. When my friend had mentioned that she was going to visit Snyder over the holiday season to watch The Rise of Skywalker, I made a joke about wanting to boost my rep on these CBR Forums so he should ask her to get some insider info from Snyder. Well, apparently my friend actually relayed that message. Sadly, I have no such info to share with you guys, but I did get this:

Snyder.jpg

Pretty cool of Snyder to do this, and especially so if his friend relayed the message that I only liked Man of Steel of his main three DC movies. Maybe I should've pre-emptively sent a picture of myself and #ReleaseTheSnyderCut I could've gotten the rep-boosting info I was looking for.

I dedicate this to the good folks here on CBR, since I ended up receiving the thoughtful autograph by trying to seek y'all's approval.

P.S. My name isn't "Jaj"; that's just my friend's punking me by asking Zack Snyder it to sign it to "Jaj."
    That's cool. But now you should at least change your username into "Jaj". 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    You get Cavill as Superman, whoever played Yennifer as Lois, whoever played Dandelion/Jaffier as Jimmy, and maybe Allan as Kara, and you might have something interesting going there.
    And Jimmy singing the theme of the movie (Toss a Coin to your... Superman?). 😂

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That is very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I can't unsee it. ��

They look so good together. I can see it! She makes a better movie Kara than Melissa. Younger and fresh and more naive.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Turns out fans were talking about Welling being cast as Superman as far back as 2003:

https://web.archive.org/web/20030409.../dccomics.com/
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

....I'm thinking you might had posted on the wrong thread, superduperman.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbite883 View Post
    ....I'm thinking you might had posted on the wrong thread, superduperman.
    OOOPS! I meant to say Cavill! Dammit!
    Assassinate Putin!

Christopher McQuarrie Says He'll Never Ask WB About a Superman Movie Again: https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/31/...n-movie-again/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Christopher McQuarrie Says He'll Never Ask WB About a Superman Movie Again: https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/01/31/...n-movie-again/
    Watch Joker get a sequel before MOS does.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Watch Joker get a sequel before MOS does.

"C'mon man, we all know that could happen, but did you have to say it like that?"

Personally while I'm on board with the idea of casting Freya Allan as Supergirl, 100%, I'm totally against recasting Lois with anyone. Amy Adams is stellar! I really want to see her continue to play Lois, with nearly as much intensity as I want to see Cavill keep playing Superman himself!

"You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post

"C'mon man, we all know that could happen, but did you have to say it like that?"

Personally while I'm on board with the idea of casting Freya Allan as Supergirl, 100%, I'm totally against recasting Lois with anyone. Amy Adams is stellar! I really want to see her continue to play Lois, with nearly as much intensity as I want to see Cavill keep playing Superman himself!

They need someone he can have witty repartee with whilst he's Supermaning. Check the tape, That's what all the successful DC Movies have in common.