Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Historical event is right here and there is a lot of good Superman content:

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I remember how interesting all the Kryptonian stuff looked in MoS but in the theatrical cut of JL it just looked like a poorly lit room with some water on the ground.

This looks like the actual aesthetic of Superman's world from MoS.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-28-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't know if Snyder filmed any of it, but I hope the Codex subplot gets addressed in the new cut. From the sounds of it, the script was being rewritten daily.

Astonishing Member

Yes, I need the Codex plot addressed. It's one of the things I wasn't happy with in MoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't know if Snyder filmed any of it, but I hope the Codex subplot gets addressed in the new cut. From the sounds of it, the script was being rewritten daily.
    Good point. I re-watched MOS recently and wondered if there where any details on why it was a half broken skull and not some fancy crystal Jor-El recovered. In the DCEU movies that is; not some outtakes, commentaries, fansites, fortune cookies etc.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Good point. I re-watched MOS recently and wondered if there where any details on why it was a half broken skull and not some fancy crystal Jor-El recovered. In the DCEU movies that is; not some outtakes, commentaries, fansites, fortune cookies etc.
    It must be genetics material of an krypotonian ancestors which is used for artificial reproduction of the species. How can a crystal work in that context? Snyder's krypton doesn't seem to draw from the precrisis krypton and byrne krypton(the tech and all the creatures), not donner's frozen waste land.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It must be genetics material of an krypotonian ancestors which is used for artificial reproduction of the species. How can a crystal work in that context? Snyder's krypton doesn't seem to draw from the precrisis krypton and byrne krypton(the tech and all the creatures), not donner's frozen waste land.
    A crystal, a random metal disk (or other shape) with Kryptonian symbols, something else non-all-too specific. Does not matter. All these would have worked to say "Ok, thats the codex" full stop, all we need to know; can be further developed or not. But the fraction of a skull is extremely specific. It does not say "we need some believable prob that need to be seen as data storage/Genetic material sorter" it says "this skull part is the codex for this and this very specific reason". Maybe it was even this guy https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Cleric_(New_Earth); who knows? (well, ok Snyder/Nolan probably).

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Henry Cavill Superman is trending on Twitter as people demand a MOS sequel:

https://www.cbr.com/henry-cavill-sup...-steel-sequel/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Henry Cavill Superman is trending on Twitter as people demand a MOS sequel:

https://www.cbr.com/henry-cavill-sup...-steel-sequel/
    Better than the last time I remember Supes trending and it was for Injustice.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Better than the last time I remember Supes trending and it was for Injustice.
    I mean, we only have two video game franchises now where he's a murderer. Are you implying that DC is mismanaging him?
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I mean, we only have two video game franchises now where he's a murderer. Are you implying that DC is mismanaging him?
    It's travesty that superman is stuck with the company.They are doing a sun wukong game. Yet, wb are incompetent with superman.

Mismanage gives WB too much credit since you can mismanage something even with good intentions

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    They said in the commentary that Each City had a different Body part. Jor-EL just grabbed the closest one to his location. So if Kandor was taken By Brainiac they could still have their Codex intact.

Mighty Member

While as much as you don't like it, Lokimaru gave you your answer that was straight from the horse's mouth either way (commentary or no).