Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Having finished YJO on HBO Max, decided to look at other DC titles. Saw this description for Man of Steel:

"Clark Kent/Kal-El is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination."

Did the writer of this line even watch the movie? Can we ask to resubmit a description of the film?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Having finished YJO on HBO Max, decided to look at other DC titles. Saw this description for Man of Steel:

"Clark Kent/Kal-El is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone's imagination."

Did the writer of this line even watch the movie? Can we ask to resubmit a description of the film?
    lol. Looks someone mistook the animated movie Man of Tomorrow for Man of Steel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dralokonda View Post
    Funny enough, alot of fans actually want to see Freya Allen as Supergirl to co star alongside Henry Cavill. For me its either her or Emma Watson, though I have been hearing rumors that she is a extreme SJW and considering how badly they have impacted on the entertainment industry i'm very cautious about her.
    Emma being a high profile supporter of women's rights is what makes her perfect for the role. Cautious why? That sort of message is what thrives with Superman and his spin-offs. They're inclusive to everyone, How badly have they impacted the industry? Black Panther and Captain Marvel are massive successes. They also made it easier to cast Jason Momoa over a boring plank of wood like Jai Courtney for Aquaman, and have a multi-racial cast of super-heroes in Shazam.

My only concern with Emma Watson is that she's 30. I would want Kara to be much younger, college age at the oldest, and fairly emotionally open, and unsure of herself and the world, like she was earlier on in the Silver Age! This would contrast with a Superman who has gone through his own bouts of doubt and pain, and who knows how to deal with it.

By contrast, an much older Kara played by a real-life advocate for justice and change, might give to the impression that Supergirl is more self-assured and more confident and maybe even more moral than Cavill's is, not because his character is actually unconfident and immoral but because he's been massively misunderstood by lots of the audience, not without cause.

I'd use Kara as an opportunity to give Cavill's Superman more room as a confident mature mentor figure.

To be totally clear here, I love the idea of bringing what Emma Watson represents into the Superman movies. I just don't think she's the right person to bring in those ideas. Rather, Clark and Lois thrive with ideas like that. And I mean certainly Social Justice Warring is totally consistent with Clark's battle for the rights of convicted felons in BvS, often the most othered and dehumanized group in American society.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Why not a Freya Allen Supergirl? There's a pretty wide age gap between she and Cavill and they already seem to enjoy working together.