Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Have you watched dcau superman tas, jl, jlu.... Etc?
    Yes, most of it. I think Superman did some not good things in it. Very questionable. But at least he had been build Up before the darker stories. It was more earned.

Cavill Superman wasn't. He was always more unsure, pessimistic and whiny.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Yes, most of it. I think Superman did some not good things in it. Very questionable. But at least he had been build Up before the darker stories. It was more earned.

Well mate, there was nothing earned. He plays the hero to get applause. He literally likes to be seen as goody two shoes do gooder for that purpose . Superman goes evil in those stories as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-22-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Well mate, there was nothing earned. He plays the hero to get applause. He literally likes to be seen as goody two shoes do gooder. Superman goes evil in those stories as well.
    it depends on the execution to me and if it at least was earned. DCEU Superman version of evil sounds like Injustice.

I mean, we also had evil Superman in the movie with Reeve, but it wasn't really his fault. I don't think he killed anyone.

it depends on the execution to me and if it at least was earned. DCEU Superman version of evil sounds like Injustice.

I mean, we also had evil Superman in the movie with Reeve, but it wasn't really his fault. I don't think he killed anyone.
    I haven't seen zack snyder execute anything. Before i see it i am not gonna judge. Well, injustice man is a gun who realised that he had been naive and ignorant about his very nature. Naive and ignorant, something mainstream perception driven writing and portrayal of superman is known for being.

Just watched Sonic for the first time, Longclaw gives him the same hide your powers advice as Pa Kent so why does Pa get so much ****? It's sound advice to give to a kid your trying to keep safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Just watched Sonic for the first time, Longclaw gives him the same hide your powers advice as Pa Kent so why does Pa get so much ****? It's sound advice to give to a kid your trying to keep safe.
    It's treated more seriously here. It's an imbalanced advice in the context of the scene. Goldenage comics advice was, " hide the great strength and use it assist humanity when right time comes". What that right time is,isn't specified.it could be when bus full of people are drowning . There is nothing tangible other than pete's moms reaction for people to feel the gravity of clark coming out when not ready. For many that reaction won't still be moral or good enough reason not to act or even to say "maybe".
    Instead of or in addition to pete's mom reaction , a scene where clark or his friends/family gets attacked for being an alien or false god or devil/anti christ would have sent the point home for that "maybe" reaction from pa kent.People need to get these things spelled out apparently.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-24-2020 at 01:03 AM.

It's treated more seriously here. It's an imbalanced advice in the context of the scene. Goldenage comics advice was, " hide the great strength and use it assist humanity when right time comes". What that right time is,isn't specified.it could be when bus full of people are drowning . There is nothing tangible other than pete's moms reaction for people to feel the gravity of clark coming out when not ready. For many that reaction won't still be moral or good enough reason not to act or even to say "maybe".
    Or it could be that it's not their kid. It the Stuff vs **** argument. Get your **** but leave my stuff. People care more about their family and things then other peoples family and things. It's why some people don't take things seriously until something is happening to them or someone close to them. My mom stopped railing against Atheists when I came out as one. She just couldn't square the atheist in her head with the actual person I was and had to rethink all her preconceived notions. They want Clark to run out and start doing great thing because he's not their kid.

When was he whiny? Who is this person you've built up in your head cause it's not Henry Cavill's Superman. IF by that you mean his "Your not my real dad!" speech before the Tornado the guy was a seventeen year old kid, Luke was nineteen and still whiny so cut him some slack.

he was also teased in BvS during Bruce's dream/vision.

I simply can't understand why some people think that was a great idea for Superman.. :/
    So you feel Superman should be Immune to the Antilife Equation? Kinda would make him OP don't you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Or it could be that it's not their kid. It the Stuff vs **** argument. Get your **** but leave my stuff. People care more about their family and things then other peoples family and things. It's why some people don't take things seriously until something is happening to them or someone close to them. My mom stopped railing against Atheists when I came out as one. She just couldn't square the atheist in her head with the actual person I was and had to rethink all her preconceived notions. They want Clark to run out and start doing great thing because he's not their kid.
    Well, there could be that. But my interpretation , people are largely stuck with

"with great power, comes great responsibility" and "not a choice, but obligation".

in there mind, a hero must absolutely save people. There is no choice in the matter for them. Some find what pa kent and ma kent said to be objectivist where the happiness of self is more important than the society as a whole, is the only moral pursuit a man needs. But, clark rejects his own happiness for others. People just doesn't see that, i suppose.

"There was a time above... a time before. There were perfect things... diamond absolutes. How things fall, things on Earth. And what falls... is fallen. In the dream, they took me to the light. A beautiful lie"

Comics audiences live in absolute. Comics follow kantian ethics and philosophy largely based on a bunch rules written on a stone tablet. Even, the great nietzschean batman follows "thous shall not kill". That's why they cling to the slippery slope arguments and that sort of dogma.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-24-2020 at 01:48 AM.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

According to Grace Randolph Zack Snyder will be allowed to shoot additional scenes that will help lead both towards MoS2 and JL2, which will happen if Zack Snyder's Justice League is a success. All the actors got their contracts prolonging. Take that info with a grant of salt, but future seems brighter for DCEU Superman than it ever was.

I was over the top happy and literally cried for 7 minutes during MoS stream commentary, Henry Cavill's appearance and his friendly chat with Zack and Deborah borught me joy and granted with additional 100 years to my life. I could've never imagined that Henry and Zack would be the ones to announce that Snyder Cut is actually freaking happening. It's like The Flash fixed this timeline and we are beginning to live in a better world for live action Superman. We are getting TV show, ZSJL and all that is left is to get a great Superman solo video game announcement for 2021 to make that next year his entirely. I can't stop shaking every time I realize that what is going on is finally not a dream, but reality.

Here is a full MoS commentary with Zack Snyder and surprised guest by the end of it with huge announcement:

And in case you've missed, here is a full BvS commentary:

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    According to Grace Randolph Zack Snyder will be allowed to shoot additional scenes that will help lead both towards MoS2 and JL2, which will happen if Zack Snyder's Justice League is a success. All the actors got their contracts prolonging. Take that info with a grant of salt, but future seems brighter for DCEU Superman than it ever was.

I was over the top happy and literally cried for 7 minutes during MoS stream commentary, Henry Cavill's appearance and his friendly chat with Zack and Deborah borught me joy and granted with additional 100 years to my life. I could've never imagined that Henry and Zack would be the ones to announce that Snyder Cut is actually freaking happening. It's like The Flash fixed this timeline and we are beginning to live in a better world for live action Superman. We are getting TV show, ZSJL and all that is left is to get a great Superman solo video game announcement for 2021 to make that next year his entirely. I can't stop shaking every time I realize that what is going on is finally not a dream, but reality.

Here is a full MoS commentary with Zack Snyder and surprised guest by the end of it with huge announcement:

You gotta love that Cavill is sporting that very expensive moustache during this.

Is it just me? I like the original man of steel suit with oval belt than the later version. For some reason, that suit looked better.