Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    They need someone he can have witty repartee with whilst he's Supermaning. Check the tape, That's what all the successful DC Movies have in common.
    Absolutely agree. BvS is the only movie that has a significant amount of Supermanning in costume, but not in intense situations. And that's pretty sparse too, honestly. I mean I guess JL isn't that tense, and he sure cracks wise in that one.

Which I know some fans don't like, but honestly, I got a huge kick out of it. "Is this guy still bothering you?" could have been written by Jerry Siegel himself!

So I want the next Superman movie to A) have Cavill and Adams, but also B) both introduce Supergirl and include Cyborg.

Why Cy? I just don't think he's getting a movie anywhere else, and I really like him. Plus, he works with STAR, which is definitely part of Kal's neck of the woods, so I think it could be pretty organic.

And give someone for both Kal and Kara to talk to while they're "on the job".
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Classic covers redone with DCEU Superman (by Dustin Lee Massey)

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-01-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Taking into account the current state of DC Films, I'm not interested in a sequel to MoS anymore. Especially because, if "Shazam!" is of any indication, all we will get is just another Donner/Reeve nostalgiafest. Just give me the REAL Justice League movie, so the DCEU Superman can get some form of closure, and try again in ten years.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Fan-made Unreal Engine 4 model

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...05104812134400

Question: what would be the level of stupidity necessary for a studio to let go the best Lois Lane ever?

Answer: Warner Bros level.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Dwayne Johnson On Black Adam Vs. Superman: “Maybe Down The Road”:

Dwayne Johnson weighed in on the possibility of seeing Black Adam take on Superman in the future.

After years of waiting, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam will begin production this summer. Of course, some fans are hoping to see Dwayne Johnson’s incarnation of the DC anti-hero take on Superman, although that possibility remains uncertain as Warner Bros. is reportedly shelving the Man of Steel for the time being.

However, Dwayne Johnson offered fans a glimmer of hope during a lengthy Instagram video in which he delves into why he’s excited to play Black Adam. At one point during the video, the topic of a Black Adam and Superman showdown is raised, to which Dwayne Johnson simply says, “maybe down the road.”
    Source: https://www.instagram.com/tv/B92A_KAF27W/

Via: https://heroichollywood.com/dwayne-j...*****superman/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-19-2020 at 10:44 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Bvs zack Snyder's commentary.

I'm always amazed by his mind regarding Superman. He really gets him on a whole new level if you listen this commentary and concentrate on places where he explains his version of Superman. Like "it's not 1938 anymore, the world is much more complicated now for Superman to deal with" and "Superman with his clean morality has to deal with these grey areas, which is this whole thing is all about" and "this is why I love Superman, because even in his darkest times he still believes in humanity, even if we don't".

And his vision for Fortress of Solitude is amazing

IMG_20200330_145858.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I'm always amazed by his mind regarding Superman. He really gets him on a whole new level if you listen this commentary and concentrate on places where he explains his version of Superman. Like "it's not 1938 anymore, the world is much more complicated now for Superman to deal with" and "Superman with his clean morality has to deal with these grey areas, which is this whole thing is all about" and "this is why I love Superman, because even in his darkest times he still believes in humanity, even if we don't".

And his vision for Fortress of Solitude is amazing

IMG_20200330_145858.jpg
    That's ironic, i don't think the current superman fandom can handle superman from 1938,even the dceu superman fans. New52 and morrison's take wasn't exactly embraced.

For those who don't want to listen for 3 hours: https://twitter.com/THR/status/1244804120193708032?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    That's ironic, i don't think the current superman fandom can handle superman from 1938,even the dceu superman fans. New52 and morrison's take wasn't exactly embraced.
    Morrison's take was the most embraced part of the New 52 Superman revamp by a huge, huge margin, and personally pseudo-Golden Age narratives make up some of my favorite Superman stories! In the '90s, Superman the Man of Steel # 80-82 is a stellar story based entirely on Golden Age ideas. Not to mention that some of that early social crusading lasts well into George Reeves and even well into the present day!

Which is part of why I love Snyder's Superman so much. He wants to be that Golden Age Superman, but he recognizes the complexity makes that a difficult thing to be. I love the New 52 Superman because he actually does have that moral clarity most of the time, certainly throughout Morrison's run! But the fact that Snyder's Superman doesn't is also a strength. In confronting those complexities, he can overcome them more thoroughly.
    Last edited by Adekis; 03-31-2020 at 04:03 PM.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I cut and compiled all the Superman only commentary from that video into one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Morrison's take was the most embraced part of the New 52 Superman revamp by a huge, huge margin, and personally pseudo-Golden Age narratives make up some of my favorite Superman stories! In the '90s, Superman the Man of Steel # 80-82 is a stellar story based entirely on Golden Age ideas. Not to mention that some of that early social crusading lasts well into George Reeves and even well into the present day!

Which is part of why I love Snyder's Superman so much. He wants to be that Golden Age Superman, but he recognizes the complexity makes that a difficult thing to be. I love the New 52 Superman because he actually does have that moral clarity most of the time, certainly throughout Morrison's run! But the fact that Snyder's Superman doesn't is also a strength. In confronting those complexities, he can overcome them more thoroughly.
    I think, he was pretty divisive. Well, that's just my perspective. As for Snyder's superman trying to be goldenage guy. Well, there is a fair bit of goldenage plot points and story beats from siegel and shuster's origin in man of steel movie. Including things like, superman coming out in front of the world as figure inorder to save lois and the whole "hide yourself from the world" bit. Snyder's superman is introverted, shy and unconfident dude though. Goldenage superman never had an arc like that. He was pretty kickass from the start. He would smile no matter what happens, through the pain and fear he faces. Goldenage guy is much very proactive. He was called the man of action for a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    I cut and compiled all the Superman only commentary from that video into one.

Thanks for going through the trouble. Much appreciated.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 04-01-2020 at 10:10 AM.

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut