Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I couldn't believe that people were making a fuss about jimmy olsen's death. I am glad the character is appreciated, but i don't believe for one second these guys actually care. Most of them have no idea what character is about. Some of them were talking about bow ties and stuff like that. Jimmy hasn't worn a bow tie in decades neither was it ever an essential.But i do agree, jimmy is damn great character to have around.

Incredible Member

This seemed relevant to the dceu.

And while I'm aware this is a appreciation thread and I love Henry cavill for the role, I have to say that anyone who kills jimmy Olsen simply for shock value doesn't get superman and maybe one day we can see the DCEU man of steel in more capable hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post

And while I'm aware this is a appreciation thread and I love Henry cavill for the role, I have to say that anyone who kills jimmy Olsen simply for shock value doesn't get superman and maybe one day we can see the DCEU man of steel in more capable hands.
    As if, these people care about jimmy olsen. If they did. jimmy would have been more relevant as he should be. The character has lots to offer. But, I refuse to believe these guys genuinely care or know about the character .Any character should be expandable for tension, zack snyder all the right to kill any. He killed of hamilton as well in man of steel.If jimmy being alive serves no purpose for his story. Then he can kill them of. Its like ma and pa being alive serving no purpose. Did jimmy do anything significant in donner movies? Nope! In the dcau? Somewhat in the superman series, outside nothing. Smallville killed jimmy olsen and brought another version. In Smallville too he was basically chloe's love interest and not much more.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As if, these people care about jimmy olsen. If they did. jimmy would have been more relevant as he should be. The character has lots to offer. But, I refuse to believe these guys genuinely care or know about the character .Any character should be expandable for tension, zack snyder all the right to kill any. He killed of hamilton as well in man of steel.If jimmy being alive serves no purpose for his story. Then he can kill them of. Its like ma and pa being alive serving no purpose. Did jimmy do anything significant in donner movies? Nope! In the dcau? Somewhat in the superman series, outside nothing. Smallville killed jimmy olsen and brought another version. In Smallville too he was basically chloe's love interest and not much more.
    I'm sorry but blasting a characters brains out just as he manages to mention his name isn't care in my book.
    And I believe jimmy has more relevance to superman comics then Hamiliton, I like to think he's just behind Lois in terms of relevance, not that it's a close race ever since post crisis.

What could have happened is that Jimmy could have helped with clarks investigation that went no where, brought a little humanity to Clark that was sorely lacking in the film and maybe just maybe add a little more then 43 lines for henry cavill to speak.

Also trust me, no one liked what happened in smallville for jimmy. I'm not sure why anyone liked what they did with "super"man in that either. Especially in the crisis TV special.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Jimmy Olsen was a pretty important character in Adventures of Superman and Lois & Clark. Just because other people fumbled the ball doesn't mean a competent writer can't do something significant with the character.

This is not relevant to the DCEU Superman and is nothing but flame bait. If you want to complain about Snyder killing off Olsen you can either post it in a more relevant thread or make one of your own. God knows this site has more than enough bitching about Snyder or the DCEU as is.

I'm sorry but blasting a characters brains out just as he manages to mention his name isn't care in my book.
    And I believe jimmy has more relevance to superman comics then Hamiliton, I like to think he's just behind Lois in terms of relevance, not that it's a close race ever since post crisis.

What could have happened is that Jimmy could have helped with clarks investigation that went no where, brought a little humanity to Clark that was sorely lacking in the film and maybe just maybe add a little more then 43 lines for henry cavill to speak.

Also trust me, no one liked what happened in smallville for jimmy. I'm not sure why anyone liked what they did with "super"man in that either. Especially in the crisis TV special.
    Can people get over this 43 lines nonsense already? It has never been anything more than the height of petty fanboy nitpicking.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-10-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Jimmy Olsen was a pretty important character in Adventures of Superman and Lois & Clark. Just because other people fumbled the ball doesn't mean a competent writer can't do something significant with the character.
    I am gonna tell what people here told me regarding cancellation of supersons. Jimmy is a side character of superman. His purpose is to progress superman's story. Just because a writer can develop jimmy or keep jimmy alive doesn't mean he needs to. Point blank. There hasn't been a jimmy portrayel that aren't forgettable in other media. Jimmy is damn cool dude. He has all the makings of a tintin-esque character with wierd transformations to boot. He has inspired a generation of sidekicks including wally west. . He needs better treatment in general. Snyder only did, what others have been doing for year. Shoving him aside.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I'd like to pose a question. I was thinking of super heroic feats DCEU Superman could be capable of. I contemplated Supes showing off his speed and rescuing dozens of people in flash.

Help me out by submitting your ideal and or favorite Superman super speed rescue moments in any media.

Also, could and should Superman be capable of doing something at the level of Quicksilver and Flash?

Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-08-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Train rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'd like to pose a question. I was thinking of super heroic feats DCEU Superman could be capable of. I contemplated Supes showing off his speed and rescuing dozens of people in flash.

Help me out by submitting your ideal and or favorite Superman super speed rescue moments in any media.

Also, could and should Superman be capable of doing something at the level of Quicksilver and Flash?

It's generally accepted Flash is faster than Superman. Not so sure about Quicksilver.

I recall the BvS prequel comic had Superman deal with an earthquake.

clark always pulled that time stopper thing. I am not sure if Snyder's superman can but jl when flash went hypertime, superman did as well. It basically was an "oh! ****" moment. The only thing in the movie that was great.gotta say, joss whedon went full silverage superman regarding power levels and races with flash. But, still since there wasn't any spectacles it felt weak.

I know it's silly to talk physics and mechanics in a comic book sense. The Flashes have the speed force/energy field explanation as to how they can accelerate and decelerate the people they touch or rescue at speed. No explanation has ever been provided as to how the MCU and XCU Quicksilvers accelerate people beyond the speed of sound (766 mph). Kryptonians have the telekinetic explanation for how they can defy gravity, propel themselves and lift objects many tons heavier than they are. I'm curious of whether Supes could safely accelerate and decelerate dozens of people like Flash and QS do.

Kryptonians have the telekinetic explanation for how they can defy gravity, propel themselves and lift objects many tons heavier than they are. I'm curious of whether Supes could safely accelerate and decelerate dozens of people like Flash and QS do.
    Agreed. I absolutely prefer a more-powerful Superman than a less-powerful one, but if you said he can't accelerate people to safety because it would turn their internal organs to mush, I'm fine with that. Let that be a Flash (and Speed Force) specific skill.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Agreed. I absolutely prefer a more-powerful Superman than a less-powerful one, but if you said he can't accelerate people to safety because it would turn their internal organs to mush, I'm fine with that. Let that be a Flash (and Speed Force) specific skill.
    I prefer goldenage superman if there isn't any of "oh! Absolutely amazing planet lifting meteor busting action". Goldenage superman had great movements, flight wasn't dealt uninspired like today.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

[DEEPFAKE] JUSTICE LEAGUE OPENING SCENE - FIXED!: