Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Current state of the rumor mill:

WB wants Cavill: https://cosmicbook.news/henry-cavill-superman-supergirl
    Cavill wants money: https://cosmicbook.news/henry-cavill...uperman-return

... so... nothing changed I guess.

*sigh*
    I’ve heard rumors that the Supergirl movie has been put on hold and that MoS 2 is happening. Hopefully it’s true. The success of The Witcher most likely gave Cavill way more bargaining power. Plus he’s apparently pretty good friends with Dwayne Johnson and we know that The Rock has wanted to have his Black Adam face Superman for a long time. Johnson is one of the biggest box office draws in Hollywood so having him on Cavill’s side is helpful.

Also, I wouldn’t put much stock what Cosmic Book News has to say about anything. They’re a bunch of Gamergate d-bags.

Supergirl has been put on hold for a while. We didn’t hear a thing since the initial rumors which was a sign nothing was happening. “Man of Steel 2” isn’t happening either though. I’d be surprised if Cavill returns at this point, more likely a Batman style reboot will be what they do with Superman.

Never say never. If the deal is good, henry mighy return. He likes superman and is a fan. The guy even pitched a movie. Studio has no effing clue about Superman and the DC management would rather shove superman as the messiah for "complexity". So either way we aren't gonna get superman quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Supergirl has been put on hold for a while. We didn’t hear a thing since the initial rumors which was a sign nothing was happening. “Man of Steel 2” isn’t happening either though. I’d be surprised if Cavill returns at this point, more likely a Batman style reboot will be what they do with Superman.
    the Supergirl film really seems like something WB came up to scare Cavill's camp.. it came out of nowhere in the right time..

In this video, Robert raises some very interesting points near the end about the Snyder cut of JL. It's not as simple as some think.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

It’s Official! Zack Snyder’s Justice League is Coming to HBO Max in 2021!: http://dceumythic.com/2020/05/20/its...o-max-in-2021/

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 05-20-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It’s Official! Zack Snyder’s Justice League is Coming to HBO Max in 2021!: http://dceumythic.com/2020/05/20/its...o-max-in-2021/

Wait, are you kidding me? Is it truely true? Tell me you aren't kidding.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wait, are you kidding me? Is it truely true? Tell me you aren't kidding.
    No kidding: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-thing-1295102

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Oh! Man, i never thought i would get to actually finish the trilogy. I am damn happy. I can't wait to hear hans zimmer's theme. (i hope it's in there). It's kind a ironic. This is the version of superman who had to fight the most steep uphill battle ever that too in the real world.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 05-20-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Lol congrats I guess. Can’t lie, I still really wanna move on from Snyderman, but I Hope Agent Z gets a satisfying conclusion out of this! Seeing Snyder talk about making it a four hour movie or six hour series makes me think he’s going to try to compress the “arc” he had planned into one movie. So we’ll be getting Evil Superman slaughtering people I’m sure.

Lol congrats I guess. Can’t lie, I still really wanna move on from Snyderman, but I Hope Agent Z gets a satisfying conclusion out of this! Seeing Snyder talk about making it a four hour movie or six hour series makes me think he’s going to try to compress the “arc” he had planned into one movie. So we’ll be getting Evil Superman slaughtering people I’m sure.
    Honestly, with the way Batman v. Superman turned out, the Ultimate Edition was actually a much better movie. This might actually be good if presented in 4 hours over a miniseries or something.

And the four hour cut of Justice League was the version they filmed after WB's canned the overly dark script and was based on what he had put together for this movie. It's not going to get into the anti-life equation stuff because that happened after Darksied was introduced, which in any version was at the very end of Justice League.

For the record, I could take or leave the Snyder cut not being released. It was the obnoxious whining from people who hated the Snyder movies that I was getting sick of. I was fine with WB moving on. It's the fans, both the ones who hated Snyder and the one who didn't, that seemed to be clinging to the past with how often they kept bringing up the Snyder Cut or bashing earlier DCEU movies like they contractually obligated to.

i think snyder won't cut back on the violence. So anybody wanting a wonder woman who doesn't use her sword will be disappointed. Also, superman will get more confident. But, ultimately he would still be the same guy from man of steel. So if you are expecting something radical it might lead to disappointment.So fair warning people.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For the record, I could take or leave the Snyder cut not being released. It was the obnoxious whining from people who hated the Snyder movies that I was getting sick of. I was fine with WB moving on. It's the fans, both the ones who hated Snyder and the one who didn't, that seemed to be clinging to the past with how often they kept bringing up the Snyder Cut or bashing earlier DCEU movies like they contractually obligated to.
    All the same I hope this heals some of the rifts in the DC Fandom. I wanted to move on but we were stuck in limbo in regards to Superman. Now we’re going back to Snyder for what I hope will be the finale. Afterwards I very much want to move on from his interpretation, and I hope WB will put a new Superman movie into dev that will do that. I wonder if this will be Cavill’s finale like it will be Affleck’s or if they’re going to use this to springboard a new Superman solo movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i think snyder won't cut back on the violence. So anybody wanting a wonder woman who doesn't use her sword will be disappointed. Also, superman will get more confident. But, ultimately he would still be the same guy from man of steel. So if you are expecting something radical it might lead to disappointment.So fair warning people.
    Oh this is going to be BvS Snyder, of that I have no doubt. Since this is the finale (I assume) and they won’t be using him to drive a cinematic universe, I’m guessing they’re going to just let him go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Honestly, with the way Batman v. Superman turned out, the Ultimate Edition was actually a much better movie. This might actually be good if presented in 4 hours over a miniseries or something.

And the four hour cut of Justice League was the version they filmed after WB's canned the overly dark script and was based on what he had put together for this movie. It's not going to get into the anti-life equation stuff because that happened after Darksied was introduced, which in any version was at the very end of Justice League.
    I know others have said this but for me personally? It didn’t improve nearly enough. Snyder is going to be doing reshoots and adding dialogue and he says he’ll be doing stuff he couldn’t do in the theatrical cut. Snyder will get to be BvS-tier free hand again, from what it sounds like.

People are still pushing this narrative Snyder had total freedom while making BvS?