Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lois Lane Appreciation 2020

New year, new thread!

This thread is for the Daily Planet's top reporter, Lois Lane!

Please read the rules regarding Appreciation threads at the top of the forum and appreciate away!
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Happy New Year everyone!

Hopefully this year we will see more comics about Lois. And her becoming a Superwoman.

b2ae765f-344d-428b-906e-9413cff57e7e.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Happy New Year everyone!

Hopefully this year we will see more comics about Lois. And her becoming a Superwoman.

b2ae765f-344d-428b-906e-9413cff57e7e.jpg
    Happy New Year!! And yeah...just seeing that image of the SuperFamily makes me wonder when we'll be meeting their daughter finally. I remember the Rebirth team (Superman + AC writers) wanted to give them a daughter, and now with Bendis we get this little tease. Hehe, just read Lois Lane #7 today and was really cool, btw! Loving the friendship between Lois and Renee!
    Last edited by TomariS; 01-01-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    "My heart is tied to the fate of yours. The only test of strength that will ever truly challenge me, is to be vulnerable next to you. To trust...you." - For Lois (Shane Koyczan)

Quote Originally Posted by TomariS View Post
    Happy New Year!! And yeah...just seeing that image of the SuperFamily makes me wonder when we'll be meeting their daughter finally. I remember the Rebirth team (Superman + AC writers) wanted to give them a daughter, and now with Bendis we get this little tease. Hehe, just read Lois Lane #7 today and was really cool, btw! Loving the friendship between Lois and Renee!
    Two events from Clark's vision came true. Arthur and Mera have a daughter and married Jimmy Olsen. Judging by Doomsday Clock 12, Bruce and Selina will also have a daughter, as was shown in Clark's vision. So I hope that Lois will become a mother again, and that she will become Superwoman will also come true.

I'm not into Lois with powers (I think it very contrary to what the character should be) and don't want them to have another child.* I would like to see more of her being an awesome reporter. And for Jon to be 10/11 again, but that ain't gonna happen.

Also miss the idea of Selina's child who is not Bruce's actually mattering.

Didn't read Doomsday Clock, though, so don't even know if we're talking current continuity. What's this about a married Jimmy Olsen? I haven't been reading as I did not like Bendis' characterization of Lois.

* I wouldn't want her to have another anyway, but since their last two kids got speed-aged, I'm even more negative about it. No way they get to actually raise a baby.

Edit:Looked up Jix. Doesn't sound like my thing. I prefer a more grounded version wacky-hijinks silver age Jimmy.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 01-01-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Astonishing Member

Lois Lane # 7 was out this week, and unsurprisingly, was good. Good, not great. I do think the run as a whole will shape up to be something I consider great, but I think it's also going to be the sum of its parts. And with the monthly in and out, Rucka's got to keep up with whatever Bendis is flinging at the wall in Superman & Action. In this case, this issue felt a week behind rather than a week advanced or continued, but that being said, it did still manage to do interesting, good things with the current status quo that feel, well, very LOIS, very QUESTION ... and very CHECKMATE. All in one issue that had Montoya judging Lois about two-timing Clark Kent with Superman that is like, the last time in current continuity anyone will be able to cast those assertions and judgments Lois's way. Like, it played as funny ... but a little out of step, because we already watched Clark unmask like two weeks ago.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com