Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Going back to the notion that Lois Lane should be "The Greatest Journalist Of All Time", here are some of the accolades she should have under her belt (half of them earned BEFORE she even meets Clark):

01. Pulitzer Prize for Local Reporting (@ age 19, youngest ever to win any Pulitzer)

02. Pulitzer Prize for Breaking News Reporting

03. Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting

04. Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting

05. Pulitzer Prize for International Reporting

06. Pulitzer Prize for Explanatory Reporting

07. Pulitzer Prize for Feature Writing

08. Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Writing

09. Pulitzer Prize for Commentary

10. Pulitzer Prize for Criticism

11. Pulitzer Prize for General Non-fiction

12. Pulitzer Prize for History

13. Heywood Braun Award

14. Worth Bingham Prize for Investigative Journalism

15. Sigma Delta Chi Award in newspaper/wire services

16. Sigma Delta Chi Award in television

17. Sigma Delta Chi Award in online reporting

18. George Polk Award for National Reporting

19. George Polk Award for Television Reporting

20. George Polk Award for Local Reporting

21. William Allen White Award for Outstanding Journalistic Merit

22. Gerald R. Ford Journalism Prize for Reporting

23. The Elijah Parish Lovejoy Award

24. The Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism

25. 10 non-fiction bestseller books

26. 4 fictional novel bestsellers

Lois should have half these accolades in hand BEFORE Superman ever publicly debuts. She's already a legit legend in the DCU even without having her name later attached to Superman.

Basically, Lois Lane is the comic book equivalent of legendary journalist IRL Bob Woodward, only much more so. There is no aspect of journalism that Lois does not excel at, and that means that stupid need to have her not know how to spell needs to GO. NOW.

I'd also put forth the idea that someone in an official capacity at DC and WB should actually approach some of these institutions IRL to get Lois Lane an honorary award IRL. She's got to be the most famous fictional journalist ever (no, Clark is a superhero first, journalist way way second), some of these journalism committees may see the value in doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Is that 5'6" height for Lois still official?

Because if there's one physical characteristic that categorically does NOT describe Lois, it's "tall".

Lois, IMO, should always be whatever the current average is for the American adult woman. Is that 5'6"? Seems a wee bit tall ...
    According to medicinenet.com the average height for an American woman is 5'3" and the average height for American, white, non-Hispanic women is 5'4.3"

I do tend to think of her as not extremely tall or short, but I don't get the strength of your anti-tall feelings on her. She's no more categorically anti-tall than anti-short to me.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 04-27-2020 at 05:02 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Is that 5'6" height for Lois still official?

Because if there's one physical characteristic that categorically does NOT describe Lois, it's "tall".

Lois, IMO, should always be whatever the current average is for the American adult woman. Is that 5'6"? Seems a wee bit tall ...
    Teri Hatcher and Elizabeth Tulloch are both 5’6”. Erica Durance was 5’8”. Margot Kidder was 5’7”.

So I’m not sure I agree with you. Lois’s height has more to do with Superman’s height. She’s not tall in relation to Superman.

Erica was our tallest Lois but she was paired with Tom Welling who was 6’3” according to some people and 6’4” in shoes according to others. Erica was tall (Oliver used to call Lois “legs”) but she’s not Wonder Woman tall. Welling could pick her up and bridal carry her.

Teri and Elizabeth were both paired with actors who were more like 6 feet or 6’1” so their height at 5’6” was perfect in comparison.

I actually don’t picture Lois at all as really petite because petite, fair or not, signals “cute” and Lois isn’t cute. She’s not a girl, she’s a woman. Lois is extremely attractive but she’s not little and cute. It’s a vibe that signals that she’s not a kid and it’s part of why she usually looks awesome and in charge in suits.

Anywhere between 5’5”-5’8” is the perfect height for her. It all depends on the actor she’s paired with.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 04-27-2020 at 10:04 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Go speed racer! I mean, lois go!

Lois had a fun spotlight on last night's DC Super Hero Girls episode, fYI .
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Teri Hatcher and Elizabeth Tulloch are both 5’6”. Erica Durance was 5’8”. Margot Kidder was 5’7”.

So I’m not sure I agree with you. Lois’s height has more to do with Superman’s height. She’s not tall in relation to Superman.

Erica was our tallest Lois but she was paired with Tom Welling who was 6’3” according to some people and 6’4” in shoes according to others. Erica was tall (Oliver used to call Lois “legs”) but she’s not Wonder Woman tall. Welling could pick her up and bridal carry her.

Teri and Elizabeth were both paired with actors who were more like 6 feet or 6’1” so their height at 5’6” was perfect in comparison.

I actually don’t picture Lois at all as really petite because petite, fair or not, signals “cute” and Lois isn’t cute. She’s not a girl, she’s a woman. Lois is extremely attractive but she’s not little and cute. It’s a vibe that signals that she’s not a kid and it’s part of why she usually looks awesome and in charge in suits.

Anywhere between 5’5”-5’8” is the perfect height for her. It all depends on the actor she’s paired with.
    Not to mention she's usually wearing heels so that bumps her height up a little.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I hear observations regarding how Superman was aggressive in the 1940s comics. But what I’m puzzled about is why more people don’t talk about how Lois could get more aggressive back then too.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I hear observations regarding how Superman was aggressive in the 1940s comics. But what I’m puzzled about is why more people don’t talk about how Lois could get more aggressive back then too.

Because that isn't really aggressive. That's just her standing up for herself while clark played the snivelling, wimp and basically pushed her into the danger.

Also, 'Lois is a *****' is a staple in every comment section of every site regardless of whether she did something that deserves that remark or not.

Is Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge still happening this year or has corona delayed it?

I don't think any of the YA books have had any delays. DC's been releasing them to the book market the whole time. Last I saw on twitter the writer had the galleys that she was reviewing, so it looks like it's still set for August release.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don't think any of the YA books have had any delays. DC's been releasing them to the book market the whole time. Last I saw on twitter the writer had the galleys that she was reviewing, so it looks like it's still set for August release.
    Cool thanks! Really looking forward to it.

Lois & Clark

Art: Ryan Sook

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Sook has drawn some of the best Lois and Clark covers out there. He's on my short list for really capturing those two.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Lois & Clark

Art: Ryan Sook
    Wow! That may be the most gorgeous Lois and Clark I've ever seen. But strangely, the ugliest Jimmy.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Wow! That may be the most gorgeous Lois and Clark I've ever seen. But strangely, the ugliest Jimmy.
    I never noticed Jimmy before and now I can't stop looking at him. My god.