Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I never noticed Jimmy before and now I can't stop looking at him. My god.
    It looks like mad.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Alfred E. Neuman just had to ruin a great Lois and Clark picture, I guess.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I never noticed Jimmy before and now I can't stop looking at him. My god.

Lois Lane Power Woman chapter two is posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1356135...ne-Power-Woman

If so inclined, enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Has anyone read Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge yet? Is it good? Still waiting on my copy.

I got Lois Lane and the Friendship Challenge in the mail this morning. It was pretty good. More grounded and less DC-superhero-y than the YA novels from Gwenda Bond, but definitely fun and quick. I laughed multiple times and never got bored, and the art was cute. Definitely not a book I would recommend if you're looking for a more traditional DC story, but for a light-hearted youthful story aimed at kids? Definitely a fun read that had me smiling almost throughout, and chuckling plenty. I liked this Lois Lane.

And the art was cute and awesome throughout.

Man, this thread should never fall so far behind.

So, Lois Lane is going to get her super sleuth reporter abilities acknowledged in that DC mystery collection book with other heroes. It's all old content, but stuff I never read and am looking forward to. It definitely feels like Lois is getting a nice and ongoing push in recent years, and I got to say that as a fan I'm pretty happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

Lois should have half these accolades in hand BEFORE Superman ever publicly debuts. She's already a legit legend in the DCU even without having her name later attached to Superman.

Basically, Lois Lane is the comic book equivalent of legendary journalist IRL Bob Woodward, only much more so. There is no aspect of journalism that Lois does not excel at, and that means that stupid need to have her not know how to spell needs to GO. NOW.

I'd also put forth the idea that someone in an official capacity at DC and WB should actually approach some of these institutions IRL to get Lois Lane an honorary award IRL. She's got to be the most famous fictional journalist ever (no, Clark is a superhero first, journalist way way second), some of these journalism committees may see the value in doing this.
    Even Kara Danvers (Supergirl) has a Pulitzer Prize (the TV version anyway) and for her being a reporter is almost a hobby, not her whole life and reason for being.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Even Kara Danvers (Supergirl) has a Pulitzer Prize (the TV version anyway) and for her being a reporter is almost a hobby, not her whole life and reason for being.
    That's not a very flattering take on how Kara views her career...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's not a very flattering take on how Kara views her career...
    I'm not saying that is Kara's opinion. She was heartbroken when Snapper Carr fired her. I am just saying that is the reality. Kara can always be Supergirl if she can't be a reporter.
    Kara didn't even start out as a reporter. That was just something that Cat Grant handed her, talked Kara into. But I'm not sure what Lois could be if she could no longer be a reporter.

I'm not saying that is Kara's opinion. She was heartbroken when Snapper Carr fired her. I am just saying that is the reality. Kara can always be Supergirl if she can't be a reporter.
    Kara didn't even start out as a reporter. That was just something that Cat Grant handed her, talked Kara into. But I'm not sure what Lois could be if she could no longer be a reporter.
    Well, she's a mom now, but she would never want to stop being a reporter.

In Rebirth before Reborn, she became an author under an alias.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I saw Bendis liked a tweet from a guy asking if Lois is now running Checkmate. Honestly, I have been waiting for that follow up book, I hope this means it's still coming.