Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    One thing the OG 60s Teen Titans noticeably lacks is a Superman equivalent. It’s noticeable because Supergirl was a HUGE deal in the years leading up to COIE. Why wasn’t she apart of the team?
    Mort Weisinger

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Mort Weisinger
    Lol small world. Nice to see you here.

Does Supergirl even need a secret identity? I mean I've thought about this for a while after they let her just leave earth and her friends behind for the Rogal Zarr/Infected stuff and since Superman outed himself why doesn't Kara just be Supergirl all the time with human and alien friends but with no secret identity. I know it matters in the TV show but as of right now in the comics it really hardly matters if she has one or not and it may be fun just to see her out in the open as Kara.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Supergirl to end with upcoming sixth season: https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-ending-season-6-the-cw/

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Supergirl to end with upcoming sixth season: https://ew.com/tv/supergirl-ending-season-6-the-cw/
    I knew this was going to happen when they announced the Superman show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kara Danvers View Post
    I knew this was going to happen when they announced the Superman show.
    I actually think Benoist being pregnant was a bigger factor. I think this was in the plans for a while, I’m guessing Benoist has been planning an exit for some time.

First her comic gets cancelled, now her show...On her birthday too.
    Last edited by AtheistInRed; 09-22-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

so will she be called SuperWoman by the end of the season? Hopefully so.

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    One thing the OG 60s Teen Titans noticeably lacks is a Superman equivalent. It’s noticeable because Supergirl was a HUGE deal in the years leading up to COIE. Why wasn’t she apart of the team?
    Because she wasn't a sidekick - Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad and Speedy all were, and the writer thought Wonder Girl was as well.

Though with DC not owning Mary Marvel yet, had they realised that Wonder Girl was a younger Wonder Woman, like how Superboy back then was teenage Superman, rather than a separate character, and therefore NOT a sidekick, Donna's accidental creation wouldn't have happened, and Supergirl would've been the only female young hero available.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so will she be called SuperWoman by the end of the season? Hopefully so.
    My feeling is no. Supergirl is branded big with DC. Superwoman...apart from being an actual existing character who isn't so nice, is not branded quite so much.

I know you're thinking of Earth-3 Superwoman, who's an evil Lois, but the most recent Superwoman was a hero - the prime universe's Lana.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Hasn't there been several (no-evil) Superwomen already over the years? I don't think Kara's ever become SW in the entire history of the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know you're thinking of Earth-3 Superwoman, who's an evil Lois, but the most recent Superwoman was a hero - the prime universe's Lana.
    Probably, but the real point was that Supergirl is a big name, Superwoman just isn't. There's a lot of branding invested in the name Supergirl, much less for Superwoman.

Spectacular Member Kara Danvers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Hasn't there been several (no-evil) Superwomen already over the years? I don't think Kara's ever become SW in the entire history of the character.
    Only in Silver Age imaginary stories.

It was the Supergirl TV show that brought be back to live action DC TV shows and movies, and while a part of me is sad to see the show go another part is kind of glad. I love season 4 and still think it was the best season and was a true redemption that the show needed after the trash fire that was season 3 (which other than Martian Manhunter and his father subplot was the only good thing about it). Season 5 was OK (I haven't watched all of it I'm way behind on the Arrowverse shows except for Arrow season 8 and Batwoman season 1) from I what I've seen is just kind "meh". I think the show going out after six seasons is good (I would like to have seen tie or surpass Arrow for the longest show season wise) but with it's own spin-off Superman and Lois coming and it looks like to be another great show for the CW, so yeah I think six seasons is good enough to leave on and not over stay your welcome. I think Melissa Benosit is a true star and showed that she can play a true hero or a frightening villain and she can do action, comedy, drama, tragedy, sing, and dance and when the show runners what Supergirl and Superman mean to people.

So I give a since and deepest thank you to the cast and crew of Supergirl for making me believe a person can fly again and more importantly for making me believe in heroes again.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 09-23-2020 at 11:03 AM.