Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who should be Superwoman in the DCU?

Lana, Lucy, Lois, someone else?
    Kara, I think eventually she should be allowed to grow up out of the teenage age and become Superwoman. She doesn’t need to change uniform or anything, it’s just that eventually as she can get older I would expect that she wouldn’t want to go by girl.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

TV Kara's older than the comics version has been since the Crisis at this point, isn't she? I wouldn't be surprised if comics Kara gets aged up too when her book relaunches.

Batwoman/Supergirl: World's Finest is out digitally on Monday.
    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...nd-supergirl-1
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Kara need more space adventures compared to her cousin.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    TV Kara's older than the comics version has been since the Crisis at this point, isn't she? I wouldn't be surprised if comics Kara gets aged up too when her book relaunches.

Batwoman/Supergirl: World's Finest is out digitally on Monday.
    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...nd-supergirl-1
    I could see them convenience aging Kara, the old not acknowledging actual age thing, into a college student. Although I suppose they did that in the 70’s/80’s, but maybe it can last longer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Kara need more space adventures compared to her cousin.
    I could see Kara as an agent of the United Planets or involved with Zod’s new Krypton....hopefully it can last longer then the last one pre-flashpoint.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I could see them convenience aging Kara, the old not acknowledging actual age thing, into a college student. Although I suppose they did that in the 70’s/80’s, but maybe it can last longer or something.

I could see Kara as an agent of the United Planets or involved with Zod’s new Krypton....hopefully it can last longer then the last one pre-flashpoint.
    Yeah that be cool.

Re member

The comics in the Silver and Bronze age slowly aged her. She graduated from high school in Action #318 (1964), then from college in Adventure #406 (1971), then had her moving through a series of jobs and cities until CoIE.

Those stories could be weird and goofy by today’s standards but they actually did a better job than modern comics in slowly progressing the character. If New52 Kara was 15 when she arrived like in the silver age she’d be in college if the stories were paced the same.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Isn't Kara college-aged now or did they back-pedal?

Also World's Finest was boring.
    "Cable was right!"

Re member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    She had reached college age just before Flashpoint (the last arc by Kelly Sue DeConnick took place at a college) but the only time since then an Earth school has been mentioned was during the Orlando run where she was in High School.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post

Also World's Finest was boring.
    They would probably do what all comics do and what they’ve done for years, convenience aging. Basically draw them as however they need for the story but never officially say how old the character is.
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Its a damn shame kara isnt talked about more, shes the original pg.

If it helps she appears to be back and ready for Death Metal if this art is any indication.

702BEEA8-37D3-4AD4-AF2B-A239B7D98DB9.jpg
    Words to live by.

If it helps she appears to be back and ready for Death Metal if this art is any indication.

One good thing about Death Metal is it looks like it’s cleaning up the mess Didio made of Kara and Ric.

It doesn't look like her costume is changed much...maybe some armor around the skirt part? But it's not very noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It doesn't look like her costume is changed much...maybe some armor around the skirt part? But it's not very noticeable.
    I mean I can’t imagine every character can get their own dark multiverse/apocalyptic hellscape earth outfit. You can probably just imagine how jealous Booster gold is on Batman’s bat-themed duster jacket.
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

One thing the OG 60s Teen Titans noticeably lacks is a Superman equivalent. It’s noticeable because Supergirl was a HUGE deal in the years leading up to COIE. Why wasn’t she apart of the team?