Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Darn, they could've even let her reach 50 issues? Batgirl is still running. And it sounds like there's going to be a lot packed into the final issue, and it doesn't look good for Kara ...

Assuming there's a place for Supergirl in 5G, although I doubt DC will just rest on the IP.
    She's eight issues short - she wouldn't have reached 50 before 5G starts anyway.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Kara comics just don't work with how DC approaches her. They need to just age her up and get rid of the teen stories and characterization. I understand Power Girl is the adult version of her but they can still exist together especially since Power Girl is more around the JL age and she can be around the Titans age.
    There's two Power Girls, remember. Karen, the classic one, and Tanya, the teen legacy hero from New 52 Teen Titans second series and Deathstroke Defiance. Kara would be aged somewhere between the two.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Supergirl needs to be featured more in team books. Her recent solos have been poor or okay, but derailed by events.

Poor Kara, her book is getting canceled again. I'm sure she'll get a relaunch in no time though.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Poor Kara, her book is getting canceled again. I'm sure she'll get a relaunch in no time though.
    Be nice if they kept the numbering. When the Steve Orlando series was cancelled at issue 20 everyone thought that was the end of the comic book, but when it started up again with Marc Andreyko, they just numbered that
    one 21 and went on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Be nice if they kept the numbering. When the Steve Orlando series was cancelled at issue 20 everyone thought that was the end of the comic book, but when it started up again with Marc Andreyko, they just numbered that
    one 21 and went on from there.
    It would be but a new #1 under the 5G era might be more appealing to them.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I feel like she needs an ongoing where as odd as this may sound Superman just needs to leave her alone. I honestly think that where Superman handles things on a global and maybe even universal scale with United Planets that Kara needs an ongoing where she can be on a more communal/local level. Set her in a city of her own where she can grow as her own character for a while.

Either that or set her up on Zoe’s new Krypton type planet he’s been building.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I feel like she needs an ongoing where as odd as this may sound Superman just needs to leave her alone. I honestly think that where Superman handles things on a global and maybe even universal scale with United Planets that Kara needs an ongoing where she can be on a more communal/local level. Set her in a city of her own where she can grow as her own character for a while.

I'd put Kara in a team book, where she could do her own thing and play off other characters.

Kara's book after it was brought back was completely mishandled. She did not get any stories for herself. Instead, all of her stories were based on other events that were happening in the DC Universe at the same time like Bendis' Superman and the Year of the Villain event.

A book about Kara as she is has and can work as long as DC makes the book about Kara.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Being local is a massive waste of Kara's powers, in my opinion. It just clashes with her entire existence. She's the Girl of Steel, and she's playing Spider-Man? I dunno about that.

Fantastic Member

Given the "United Planets"/President Superman element, I think it makes to split the two Kryptonians into a global external threats (and wider universe) focused elder statesman Kal-El and the global internal and national-level (usually American, but not always) threats for Kara. But YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Being local is a massive waste of Kara's powers, in my opinion. It just clashes with her entire existence. She's the Girl of Steel, and she's playing Spider-Man? I dunno about that.
    Yeah I guess that did make her sound to much like Spider-man. I kind of just wanted to mean she should get her own city that she deals with on her own. I think maybe Shamrock Holmes above me had the better idea though.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder if they're going to give her another redesign

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Kara's book after it was brought back was completely mishandled. She did not get any stories for herself. Instead, all of her stories were based on other events that were happening in the DC Universe at the same time like Bendis' Superman and the Year of the Villain event.

A book about Kara as she is has and can work as long as DC makes the book about Kara.
    Seconded.

I tried to get into the current run after being away from comics for a bit, but it did seem that the book was repeatedly tied into some larger DC event I wasn't interested in.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

I wonder if they're going to give her another redesign
    If Superman is Generation 2, Kara must be Generation 3 or 4 - she needs to be older than Jon. I would expect her to be aged up. Maybe something similar to the TV show, with pants?