Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I reiterate. What kind of sick sonnuvabitch puts Krypto in the ground?
    Ramses was an abuser so killing dogs is well within his wheelhouse.

Getting some DC Bombshell vibes from the art.

I'm not sure if Krypto should be the biggest influence in Kara's life, but at least he's remembered?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ramses was an abuser so killing dogs is well within his wheelhouse.

He and Dogwelder can @$%! right off forever, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Getting some DC Bombshell vibes from the art.

I'm not sure if Krypto should be the biggest influence in Kara's life, but at least he's remembered?
    She was the artist for that series! And I dunno, Krypto was probably the biggest insofar that he was something from Krypton that stuck with her even past its death. Kal has never really done a great job at “raising” or mentoring Kara, the relationship between the two tends towards loving but distant at best, and outright dislike and fighting at worst.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-27-2020 at 10:40 PM.

She was the artist for that series! And I dunno, Krypto was probably the biggest insofar that he was something from Krypton that stuck with her even past its death. Kal has never really done a great job at “raising” or mentoring Kara, the relationship between the two tends towards living but distant at best, and outright dislike and fighting at worst.
    And they've been paired up together since the Andreyko run.

Clark and Kara's relationships is really writer dependent although I think lately writers at least tend to air more on the side of a positive and flattering take on their closeness rather than the negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And they've been paired up together since the Andreyko run.

Clark and Kara's relationships is really writer dependent although I think lately writers at least tend to air more on the side of a positive and flattering take on their closeness rather than the negative.
    Bendis ironically has written the closest Kal and Kara in... ever? Pre-Flashpoint & New 52 Kara were constantly butting heads with Kal, with him as the authoritarian wanna be parent and her as the edgy “you’re not my REAL dad” rebellious teenager. They’ve been pretty closely linked since the Bendis era, sometimes to Kara’s benefit (I liked Andrekyo’s run) and sometimes to her detriment (Infected bull crap).

Bendis ironically has written the closest Kal and Kara in... ever? Pre-Flashpoint & New 52 Kara were constantly butting heads with Kal, with him as the authoritarian wanna be parent and her as the edgy “you’re not my REAL dad” rebellious teenager. They’ve been pretty closely linked since the Bendis era, sometimes to Kara’s benefit (I liked Andrekyo’s run) and sometimes to her detriment (Infected bull crap).
    Orlando depicted them as being pretty close in the one issue Clark showed up in the Rebirth run where it was post-Reborn and it was the Krypton Day of Truth (?). I think it was the first time Kara and Jon interacted.

Would love to see Byrne do some Supergirl issues or even a mini. He seems to really like her given how often he draws fan art of her.

This is a really good looking Kara .

Spectacular Member

Would love to see Byrne do some Supergirl issues or even a mini. He seems to really like her given how often he draws fan art of her.
    I love the Byrne Supergirl, I think it beats Captain Marvel's outfit.

Byrne's artwork has slowly been growing on me since I first saw his work in the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover. I liked his work on Superman: Man of Tomorrow #20 and his DC/Marvel fanart crossovers were fun. I second the motion of Byrne working on a Supergirl series.