Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 101
  1. #61
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Superman is Generation 2, Kara must be Generation 3 or 4 - she needs to be older than Jon. I would expect her to be aged up. Maybe something similar to the TV show, with pants?
    She's only really wearing pants because they film in Vancouver, which gets really cold.

    Supergirl's not really Supergirl without a skirt in my opinion.

  2. #62
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,881

    Default

    I don't like it when Supergirl is isolated from the SUperman family all the time. I want her to have adventure with Jon and at least both of them learning from Clark a bit about humanity and how it acts. I want to see Kara baby sitting Jon and getting a handle on him when his powers go awry alongside Clark. I just want more Superman family team up stories or something and have Kara involved in them. Is that too much to ask for ?

  3. #63
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's only really wearing pants because they film in Vancouver, which gets really cold.

    Supergirl's not really Supergirl without a skirt in my opinion.
    She HAS had them before.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #64
    Incredible Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I don't like it when Supergirl is isolated from the SUperman family all the time. I want her to have adventure with Jon and at least both of them learning from Clark a bit about humanity and how it acts. I want to see Kara baby sitting Jon and getting a handle on him when his powers go awry alongside Clark. I just want more Superman family team up stories or something and have Kara involved in them. Is that too much to ask for ?
    Too bad we never got to see Kara and Jon go on adventures in the Rebirth Superman comics before Bendis took over. I would have loved to see how Kara got on with 10 year old Jon outside of the 1 Supergirl issue where she had dinner with the Super Family in the Fortress.

  5. #65
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She HAS had them before.
    Tights also appeared a few times in the recent outer space run. The design called for both red and black tights, but I don't remember which were actually used. Technically she's still wearing that costume, because she's still (in theory) using one with special transformational abilities and which includes a solar battery.

    Tights in a lot of Elseworld's types of book too: Justice League 3001, Injustice, Gotham City Garage, Smallville comic.

    And in the in-continuity "Maelstrom" mini-series.

    This page goes through a ton of costumes over the years including all of the ones I just mentioned.

    https://bookriot.com/2018/07/12/supe...tume-rankings/

    Some of the costumes over the years have been excellent, some not so much!

  6. #66
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Being local is a massive waste of Kara's powers, in my opinion. It just clashes with her entire existence. She's the Girl of Steel, and she's playing Spider-Man? I dunno about that.
    Though on the TV show everything pretty much takes place in National City with only an occasional trip to another planet or city or universe.

  7. #67
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Too bad we never got to see Kara and Jon go on adventures in the Rebirth Superman comics before Bendis took over. I would have loved to see how Kara got on with 10 year old Jon outside of the 1 Supergirl issue where she had dinner with the Super Family in the Fortress.
    Yeah, so much they could've done, but didn't .

  8. #68
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Too bad we never got to see Kara and Jon go on adventures in the Rebirth Superman comics before Bendis took over. I would have loved to see how Kara got on with 10 year old Jon outside of the 1 Supergirl issue where she had dinner with the Super Family in the Fortress.
    A lot of miss opportunities when it comes to the Rebirth issues of Supergirl. Especially when it came to the Mr. Oz stuff.

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Superman is Generation 2, Kara must be Generation 3 or 4 - she needs to be older than Jon. I would expect her to be aged up. Maybe something similar to the TV show, with pants?
    You know what Iím not opposed to leggings
    Reading list: Far Sector (DC), Marauders (Marvel), X-Force (Marvel), X-Men (Marvel), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Venom (Marvel), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Killadelphia (Image), Bitter Root (Image), Black Hammer: Age of Doom (Darkhorse)

  10. #70
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,211

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You know what Iím not opposed to leggings
    Nor am I, they could work.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  11. #71
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Conners suit works so well on her

    Last edited by 9th.; 02-24-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    Reading list: Far Sector (DC), Marauders (Marvel), X-Force (Marvel), X-Men (Marvel), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Venom (Marvel), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Killadelphia (Image), Bitter Root (Image), Black Hammer: Age of Doom (Darkhorse)

  12. #72
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Kara comics just don't work with how DC approaches her. They need to just age her up and get rid of the teen stories and characterization. I understand Power Girl is the adult version of her but they can still exist together especially since Power Girl is more around the JL age and she can be around the Titans age.
    I always felt she worked best as a young adult. I loved the era where she was a cameraperson for a San Francisco news team (this was very early 1970s -- when I had just started reading). That's one characteristic the show got right.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's only really wearing pants because they film in Vancouver, which gets really cold.

    Supergirl's not really Supergirl without a skirt in my opinion.
    I don't mind the pants -- reminds of a short******d looks she had in Aventure Comics #413.

  14. #74
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Conners suit works so well on her

    The outfit does look nice on her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  15. #75
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't mind the pants -- reminds of a short******d looks she had in Aventure Comics #413.
    That'd be the same one I posted - that cover is from the previous issue.

    Short what? I think you got censored!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •