Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Superman is Generation 2, Kara must be Generation 3 or 4 - she needs to be older than Jon. I would expect her to be aged up. Maybe something similar to the TV show, with pants?
    She's only really wearing pants because they film in Vancouver, which gets really cold.

Supergirl's not really Supergirl without a skirt in my opinion.

BANNED

I don't like it when Supergirl is isolated from the SUperman family all the time. I want her to have adventure with Jon and at least both of them learning from Clark a bit about humanity and how it acts. I want to see Kara baby sitting Jon and getting a handle on him when his powers go awry alongside Clark. I just want more Superman family team up stories or something and have Kara involved in them. Is that too much to ask for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's only really wearing pants because they film in Vancouver, which gets really cold.

She HAS had them before.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I don't like it when Supergirl is isolated from the SUperman family all the time. I want her to have adventure with Jon and at least both of them learning from Clark a bit about humanity and how it acts. I want to see Kara baby sitting Jon and getting a handle on him when his powers go awry alongside Clark. I just want more Superman family team up stories or something and have Kara involved in them. Is that too much to ask for ?
    Too bad we never got to see Kara and Jon go on adventures in the Rebirth Superman comics before Bendis took over. I would have loved to see how Kara got on with 10 year old Jon outside of the 1 Supergirl issue where she had dinner with the Super Family in the Fortress.

Incredible Member

She HAS had them before.
    Tights also appeared a few times in the recent outer space run. The design called for both red and black tights, but I don't remember which were actually used. Technically she's still wearing that costume, because she's still (in theory) using one with special transformational abilities and which includes a solar battery.

Tights in a lot of Elseworld's types of book too: Justice League 3001, Injustice, Gotham City Garage, Smallville comic.

And in the in-continuity "Maelstrom" mini-series.

This page goes through a ton of costumes over the years including all of the ones I just mentioned.

https://bookriot.com/2018/07/12/supe...tume-rankings/

Some of the costumes over the years have been excellent, some not so much!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Being local is a massive waste of Kara's powers, in my opinion. It just clashes with her entire existence. She's the Girl of Steel, and she's playing Spider-Man? I dunno about that.
    Though on the TV show everything pretty much takes place in National City with only an occasional trip to another planet or city or universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Too bad we never got to see Kara and Jon go on adventures in the Rebirth Superman comics before Bendis took over. I would have loved to see how Kara got on with 10 year old Jon outside of the 1 Supergirl issue where she had dinner with the Super Family in the Fortress.
    Yeah, so much they could've done, but didn't .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    A lot of miss opportunities when it comes to the Rebirth issues of Supergirl. Especially when it came to the Mr. Oz stuff.

If Superman is Generation 2, Kara must be Generation 3 or 4 - she needs to be older than Jon. I would expect her to be aged up. Maybe something similar to the TV show, with pants?
    You know what I’m not opposed to leggings
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    You know what I’m not opposed to leggings
    Nor am I, they could work.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Conners suit works so well on her

Last edited by 9th.; 02-24-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Kara comics just don't work with how DC approaches her. They need to just age her up and get rid of the teen stories and characterization. I understand Power Girl is the adult version of her but they can still exist together especially since Power Girl is more around the JL age and she can be around the Titans age.
    I always felt she worked best as a young adult. I loved the era where she was a cameraperson for a San Francisco news team (this was very early 1970s -- when I had just started reading). That's one characteristic the show got right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don't mind the pants -- reminds of a short******d looks she had in Aventure Comics #413.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Conners suit works so well on her

The outfit does look nice on her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I don't mind the pants -- reminds of a short******d looks she had in Aventure Comics #413.
    That'd be the same one I posted - that cover is from the previous issue.

Short what? I think you got censored!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman