Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy International Women's Day!

Kara Danvers

Carol Danvers

Astonishing Member

I personally do not like Captain Marvel in blue and red. The red/black or black/red combo worked better for the Marvels.

BANNED

If you could ship Supergirl with some super hero (not a Robin to make this more interesting), who?

54132958_2323660207692339_4382632191306235904_n.jpg

I wouldn't pair her with a Robin anyway, as both Dick and Tim have girls in the bat family (Batgirl and Spoiler), Jason wouldn't go for a girl scout type, and Damian's too young.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Maybe instead of re-purposing a current superhero into Kara's love interest, create a new character - either a mortal or someone with powers. Then you don't get complaints about the character acting non-canonically.

BANNED

Any opinion of her current love interest, Ben Rubel, or the first one from New 52!, MICHAEL? (I know she had a thing with H´ell "first", but he was a bad guy, I talk in a positive way, like all relationships should/must be)
    E.I.C. 279.jpg

BANNED

Always loved supergirl and the brainiac 5 ship,now that the legion is back and her cousin son is there maybe it's time for her to visit him in the future and rekindle that romance

sg_ann_2-14-2341.jpg

a1fd5f6aca6674ea062676abe453fe79.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
    Last edited by LP22; 03-14-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Incredible Member

Who is SG playing pool with here?

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/7560071.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwhh View Post
    Who is SG playing pool with here?

https://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/7560071.html
    That is Captain Boomerang II - Owen "Boomer" Mercer. I never knew much about him but his bio is here:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Owen_Mercer_(New_Earth)

Synopsis of that issue here:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Supergirl_Vol_5_9

BANNED

She needs more panel time in guest team ups.

Alright so wasn’t sure how best to ask this but while I like supergirl, honestly I’ve only really read some of her more recent work and her show. I was wondering what would be some of the best stuff to read for Supergirl or what’s most important to read, specifically Kara though and I mean like before her modern reappearance in Batman/Superman to now, I’m talking her original history pre-crisis. Also I guess any side stuff whether it’s canon or elseworlds would be good to.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

That's a tough question to answer -- because so many of her pre-Crisis solo stories weren't great -- mainly due to average storytellers that worked on her series.

Highlights that come to mind:

Taking on Darkseid in the final part of The Great Darkness in Legion of Super-Heroes. She also had a good showing in another Legion story that followed where she and a small group of Legionnaires take on Emerald Empress (one of DC's greatest villainesses).

Teaming up with Superman in a story by Jim Starlin to take on Mongul (I believe Starlin created Mongul)

She has a major role in the Phantom Zone mini-series illustrated by Gene Colan.

For her actual solo stories -- I think her run in Adventure Comics is superior to her 80s series. The early issues by Mike Sekowsky are a little bizarre -- and she experiencing on again/off again powers in his run. The stories that followed Sekowsky were better-written and better-illustrated.

Unfortunately, her 1972 solo series was written more a romance comic than a superhero comic, but before the series changed directions (with issue 2), she had a pretty good first issue -- even though her biggest physical opponent is a crane/wrecking ball.

Alright well that’s a start, gives me more to go on then just the silver age collections.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Sterling Gates on Twitter seems to be willing to come back and write more Kara. I would love for that to happen!