Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

This is my one and only page I liked lol

Can someone do spoilers for what happens with Conner?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Can someone do spoilers for what happens with Conner?
    spoilers:
    he seems to have been attacked by parasite version of red cloud
    end of spoilers

Tell. Me how to do spoiler tags again, I never get them right, and I want to spoil stuff lol

Astonishing Member

{spoil}.....{/spoil} but replace the {} with []

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post

This is my one and only page I liked lol
    Even DC is misspelling his name now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Even DC is misspelling his name now.

I didn't even notice that, that's terrible, I hate when they do that.

He needs to get up and have a awakening, change his attitude, his look, and use his TTK again

Why is it so hard for Kon to have an actual direction?

Same question for Tim and Bart. DC has screwed around with them all so much that they’re all a fraction of what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Why is it so hard for Kon to have an actual direction?

Same question for Tim and Bart. DC has screwed around with them all so much that they’re all a fraction of what they were.

This is very true. I'm happy kon is back in YJ and AC, but he feels like wallpaper in both, not a character someone would follow and think about buying a book with them in it.

Kon should get up from this near death experience and become a Lil more serious. Dress like the YJ shows Conner,do more mature and adult type missions. Put him in front of more superman level threats. Get the kid his own place on the map, and his own supper ting cast.DC needs to make his powers more dynamic, by having his abilities broken up instead of 1 thing like a full kryptonians are.YJ shows powers, plus heat vision, plus consciously controlled TTK(physical and sensory) and make it fun again

Supporting cast could be a problem, as it seems all of the Cadmus and Hawaii stuff was thrown out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You know, Kon charging the new villain in blatant disregard for authority seemed pretty accurate to the kid I read all those years ago.

I don't mind Conner maturing a little but I don't want him to go Johns Conner again. I thought the way he took care of and said goodbye to Lophi was actually quite adult for Conner and showed he's not a complete brat, so more of that is welcome. I like the idea that we're getting more of an amalgam Conner these days where he can have a bit more emotional intelligence while not going hard 2003 Teen Titans/YJ brooding bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supporting cast could be a problem, as it seems all of the Cadmus and Hawaii stuff was thrown out.

Well kon was thrown out also, but he is back, so why couldn't his old supporting casts be back also?

Cadmus, Hawaii, and Smallville combined gives him a huge cast of characters to support him lol. Plus all the teams he has been on, he has plenty of heroes to bounce of off in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know, Kon charging the new villain in blatant disregard for authority seemed pretty accurate to the kid I read all those years ago.

I don't mind Conner maturing a little but I don't want him to go Johns Conner again. I thought the way he took care of and said goodbye to Lophi was actually quite adult for Conner and showed he's not a complete brat, so more of that is welcome. I like the idea that we're getting more of an amalgam Conner these days where he can have a bit more emotional intelligence while not going hard 2003 Teen Titans/YJ brooding bore.

Balance and always movon in forward is what I want. He should be easily recognizable, as not just physically recognizable, but personality wise recognizable, from his young, fun, and impulsive self, to the Lil older somber and mature version of him,but still growth from both, not locked into a older personality that he "should" have outgrown by now. He should be doing more adult things, like moving out on his own or becomg a college student, maybe becoming a full time field agent for Cadmus, while still teaming with his best friends.

It's obvious they are trying to make him seem the same as before, but still add new things to him. I like the green eyes and S barcode tattoo, but he should be recognized by fans of kesels or geoffs version both now, not just one or the other.

His powers should reflect all his versions, but still moving in forward also. Kesels TTK, geoffs full kryptonian, and YJ shows limited kryptonian abilities all at the same time, plus Smallville season 11s and the new 52s versions powers. Thsts why I am all for the YJ shows powers, plus heat vision, with consciously controlled TTK that works like kesels, but with new 52s TK senses,flight thru TTK. Thst powersets has a aspect of all the versions of kon we have had and keeps his powers recognizable to all fans of his very splintered fan base

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Balance and always movon in forward is what I want. He should be easily recognizable, as not just physically recognizable, but personality wise recognizable, from his young, fun, and impulsive self, to the Lil older somber and mature version of him,but still growth from both, not locked into a older personality that he "should" have outgrown by now. He should be doing more adult things, like moving out on his own or becomg a college student, maybe becoming a full time field agent for Cadmus, while still teaming with his best friends.

It's obvious they are trying to make him seem the same as before, but still add new things to him. I like the green eyes and S barcode tattoo, but he should be recognized by fans of kesels or geoffs version both now, not just one or the other.

His powers should reflect all his versions, but still moving in forward also. Kesels TTK, geoffs full kryptonian, and YJ shows limited kryptonian abilities all at the same time, plus Smallville season 11s and the new 52s versions powers. Thsts why I am all for the YJ shows powers, plus heat vision, with consciously controlled TTK that works like kesels, but with new 52s TK senses,flight thru TTK. Thst powersets has a aspect of all the versions of kon we have had and keeps his powers recognizable to all fans of his very splintered fan base
    His powers should actually stay the same which he already has-important would be that his TTK comes back and evolves like the Conner Kent Titans of Tomorrow had, so he has TTK Shields which protects him from magic.

What he REALLY needs is:

1. get his memories back and have IC etc. back in history
    2. age him, Bart, Conner and Cassie up and let them finally reach the age of 20 years
    3. let him do the Nightwing steps and change Code-Name, Costume and let him move out of Smallville
    4. leave the rookies of the actual YJ Series behind and reform Johns TT Team

perfect team would be: Conner,Cassie,Bart,Tim,Raven,Traci13,Blue Beetle (Jamie),Jackson,Jessica Cruz

5. show that he has a contrasting personality to Clark (so Conner more like the NEW52 Superman).
    6. bring the relationship Cassie-Conner back

Going back to Hawaii is a perfect solution, because Smallville is to small for him to develop and Hawaii has a special vibe.

I like the Idea of him being a student and part-time firefighter (Superman Beyond is a Firefighter).

For supporting cast he can have Cassie (his girlfriend), Bart (who can maybe also live in Hawaii, since there Keystone etc. are now extremely crowded with speedsters).
    Simon Valentine could maybe also return-what would happen to him was never resolved.

Giving Conner a lantern ring (yellow, blue....), he already used the white and black lantern ring once and it would be interesting to see another member of the Super-Family using a lantern ring....
    Last edited by Masterff; 10-01-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    His powers should actually stay the same which he already has-important would be that his TTK comes back and evolves like the Conner Kent Titans of Tomorrow had, so he has TTK Shields which protects him from magic.

What he REALLY needs is:

1. get his memories back and have IC etc. back in history
    2. age him, Bart, Conner and Cassie up and let them finally reach the age of 20 years
    3. let him do the Nightwing steps and change Code-Name, Costume and let him move out of Smallville
    4. leave the rookies of the actual YJ Series behind and reform Johns TT Team

perfect team would be: Conner,Cassie,Bart,Tim,Raven,Traci13,Blue Beetle (Jamie),Jackson,Jessica Cruz

5. show that he has a contrasting personality to Clark (so Conner more like the NEW52 Superman).
    6. bring the relationship Cassie-Conner back

Going back to Hawaii is a perfect solution, because Smallville is to small for him to develop and Hawaii has a special vibe.

I like the Idea of him being a student and part-time firefighter (Superman Beyond is a Firefighter).

For supporting cast he can have Cassie (his girlfriend), Bart (who can maybe also live in Hawaii, since there Keystone etc. are now extremely crowded with speedsters).
    Simon Valentine could maybe also return-what would happen to him was never resolved.

Giving Conner a lantern ring (yellow, blue....), he already used the white and black lantern ring once and it would be interesting to see another member of the Super-Family using a lantern ring....

Like always you have good ideas, but like always you go to far, at the same time only wanting one version of kon to be the official kon, when there have been many, loved my many fans, and we need them ALL to make him a star with staying power.

ToT adult Conners powers were cool, I know I loved them when the issues actually came out years ago, but why does his powers need to be defined the same as a full kryptonian? When Freddy actually got a shot in on him he seemed to go down hard, but almost invincible when he was focused. Why can't my all inclusive explanation of his powers work just as well?

Yes to memories
    Yes to age up
    Yes to nightwing"ing" him
    Yes to leaving the newer YJ kids, but not your team, I want a team that has cross marketing appeal, that's why you add ms Martian, aqualad, blue beetle, and static.
    Yes to a contrast of personality with Clark, but also Jon.
    Yes to cassie, but also yes to Meghan, either would make me happy
    Yes to hawaii
    Yes to student, maybe to fire fighter, but maybe even more to Cadmus field agent
    His cast could actually be huge from all the different series he has had, combine the cast, pick ones that are interesting or that will bring something to HIS story and move forward.
    No, absolutely not to a lantern ring, that's to far, he is already a massively powerful kid, who could probably be the most powerful kid in the DCU actually, and you want him to be even more powerful, I say no, let his smarts, skills, and very powerful abilities speak for him.